Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Books on Travels in Oz

Books on Travels in Oz

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:42 pm
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Books on Travels in Oz

Hi all, my husband is just about to finish Bryson's Down Under. He's really enjoyed it and I wondered if you knew of any other travel-blog style books for Oz that I can get him...? Travel guides just aren't the same! Thanks
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Books on Travels in Oz

Originally Posted by FluffieFaerie
Hi all, my husband is just about to finish Bryson's Down Under. He's really enjoyed it and I wondered if you knew of any other travel-blog style books for Oz that I can get him...? Travel guides just aren't the same! Thanks
Hi Emma,

Haven't read any other Oz travel books other than Down Under. Excellent read, really funny. Think I have just about read all of Bryson's other books and whilst they are good, Down Under was certainly the best.

Mark.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

Sean and Davids Long Drive. Published by Lonely Planet.
We picked up a copy at the underground book store in Coober Pedy
and read it on our travels around Aus which is what Sean and David
are doing in the book in a '66 Ford Falcon.

Not for everyone but we loved it.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:09 pm
Now an expat!

MonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really nice

My favourite is Thumbs Up by Tom Parry, PM me and I'll post it to you.
Steve.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

M_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really nice

ooh...I've just started this, just a few pages in and liking it so far!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:22 pm
By the sea

sparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Fluffyfaerie,

I love Bill Bryson 'Down Under' and am reading it second time around! Mildura got a mention but unfortunately for someone who died sometime ago by a snake bite!

You could also look at Billy Connolly's tour of Australia which is on DVD & vid I know its a bit different to a travel blog style book but is very funny and entertaining all the same. He does his tour on a harley trike!!!

Jo
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

tequila is just really nicetequila is just really nicetequila is just really nicetequila is just really nicetequila is just really nicetequila is just really nicetequila is just really nicetequila is just really nicetequila is just really nice

Brysons Down Under is superb! A don't miss for sure. Enjoy
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:07 pm
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sparkleauz
Hi Fluffyfaerie,

I love Bill Bryson 'Down Under' and am reading it second time around! Mildura got a mention but unfortunately for someone who died sometime ago by a snake bite!

You could also look at Billy Connolly's tour of Australia which is on DVD & vid I know its a bit different to a travel blog style book but is very funny and entertaining all the same. He does his tour on a harley trike!!!

Jo
Highly overdue but thanks so much for this recommendation. Hubby and I have one or two more installments left of Billy Connolly's tour and it's been really enjoyable so far and very interesting! I tried to send you Karma but it wouldn't let me... so here's some 'invisible virtual karma'!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Astronaut is an unknown quantity at this point

'Return To Oz' - John Brown
It's available from Amazon in the UK.