Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help ! 41 nights stay in Adelaide needed.

Help ! 41 nights stay in Adelaide needed.

Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:05 am
Just Joined

skiddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help ! 41 nights stay in Adelaide needed.

My wife is due to do another part of her examination to practice Physiotherapy, thus allowing us to migrate to Australia on a sponsorship visa. I have just had the original booking changed without them telling us. They are kicking us out on the street on the 3rd of January unless I can get the booking reversed. Therefore we are now looking for some basic accomodation to allow her to commute to Flinders Medical Centre. Cooking facilities would be a bonus as the first stay in a hotel is going to be eat out or restaurant. Could anyone advise us on suitable accomodation from the 3rd of Jan to the 12th of Feb 2008. I have had a look on the internet but see to only find large corporate groups. Not sure what type of cost we are lookig at but she is not earning while undertaking the examination (3 months in total). Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

MRG175 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help ! 41 nights stay in Adelaide needed.

Originally Posted by skiddy
My wife is due to do another part of her examination to practice Physiotherapy, thus allowing us to migrate to Australia on a sponsorship visa. I have just had the original booking changed without them telling us. They are kicking us out on the street on the 3rd of January unless I can get the booking reversed. Therefore we are now looking for some basic accomodation to allow her to commute to Flinders Medical Centre. Cooking facilities would be a bonus as the first stay in a hotel is going to be eat out or restaurant. Could anyone advise us on suitable accomodation from the 3rd of Jan to the 12th of Feb 2008. I have had a look on the internet but see to only find large corporate groups. Not sure what type of cost we are lookig at but she is not earning while undertaking the examination (3 months in total). Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi skiddy

why not try Adelaide shores caravan park, they have caravans and cabins. May be busy at that time of year but worth a look.

Lee
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:20 am
Just Joined

skiddy is an unknown quantity at this point

I will give it a try I had not really thaught about static sites. It looks quite a nice site. Thanks
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skiddy
I will give it a try I had not really thaught about static sites. It looks quite a nice site. Thanks

If I had the room, she could stay with me. Unfortunately I don't though.

Adelaide shores is lovely, and there's also one at Brighton. You'll find both of them on www.big4.com.au The one at Brighton may give you a bit of a discount for booking long term, they offered us one free night per week when we arrived, but it was too far out from where we needed to be so we went with Adelaide Shores instead (who didn't knock us anything off )