Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Booking flights for June 2012

Booking flights for June 2012

Old Nov 15th 2011, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

wattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to all
Default Booking flights for June 2012

we are a family of four moving to perth on 20th June 2012, from glasgow. ive kept an eye on the flights recently and they have gone up by £100 in the past few weeks. i was planning to wait until after xmas to book up our one way tickets,(feels good to say that!), but now im wondering if i should do it soon.

Anyone any experience of flights going up and up as more seats are sold/
thanks
steven
Old Nov 15th 2011, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

amomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really nice
Default Re: Booking flights for June 2012

I think it varies. Who are you looking to fly with? I normally find sta travel to be the cheapest and you can get a 1 way flight Glasgow to Perth for under £600 in June
Old Nov 15th 2011, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

amomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really niceamomentofstillness is just really nice

Edreams has flights for £536 per passenger

http://www.edreams.co.uk/engine/ItinerarySearch/search
Old Nov 15th 2011, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

wattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to all

Originally Posted by amomentofstillness
I think it varies. Who are you looking to fly with? I normally find sta travel to be the cheapest and you can get a 1 way flight Glasgow to Perth for under £600 in June
Hey thanks. am thinking emirates. thanks for link also. will have a look at that site later
Old Nov 15th 2011, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wattsbug
we are a family of four moving to perth on 20th June 2012, from glasgow. ive kept an eye on the flights recently and they have gone up by £100 in the past few weeks. i was planning to wait until after xmas to book up our one way tickets,(feels good to say that!), but now im wondering if i should do it soon.

thanks
steven
Prices will still go up and down and someone might have a seatsale between now and then. I think you can keep monitoring for a couple more months yet.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 10:04 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
steven
Just checked Air Asia (ex Gatwick) GBP194.00 one way + baggage and food. Might be worth jumping on a flight to Gatwick from Glasgow?

Were flying to the UK on June 30th with Air Asia saved heaps compared to other carriers.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Just checked Air Asia (ex Gatwick) GBP194.00 one way + baggage and food. Might be worth jumping on a flight to Gatwick from Glasgow?

Were flying to the UK on June 30th with Air Asia saved heaps compared to other carriers.
WOW!!!! i looked up. no flights left for the 20th but a few days before and after are £126. Whats the catch!!!!!!
Old Nov 16th 2011, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

WOW!!!! i looked up. no flights left for the 20th but a few days before and after are £126. Whats the catch!!!!!!
Awful airline is the catch, think Ryanair long distance.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

mavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud of

Oh dear...what's the catch? Cattle class I am afraid...infact cattle class might be a bit too exotic :$
Old Nov 16th 2011, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mavine1
Oh dear...what's the catch? Cattle class I am afraid...infact cattle class might be a bit too exotic :$
hey thanks to you and other poster. had a look myself and yes my thoughts were budget airline. not for me thankyou. Am going to book soon with emirates
Old Nov 17th 2011, 12:26 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

hey thanks to you and other poster. had a look myself and yes my thoughts were budget airline. not for me thankyou. Am going to book soon with emirates
Sorry, have to disagree with the comment about crap flights. We have flown with them 6 times in the past year and have nothing but good experiences on every flight.

OK, you have a point to a certain degree if you are suggesting that you might get a free gin and tonic and a packet of nuts with another carrier, food and drink needs to be purchased and the entertainment system is $10.00. (We take ipads loaded with movies and stuff) So we have what we want to watch.... not to try and save the $10.00!

Just arrived back into Perth flying with Air Asia on Saturday..... (short haul from Bali, Indonesia) Once again great flight, good seats (all new imitation leather) and comfortable. Food is really good, very tasty. I and my wife had Indonesian and my lad had Spaghetti and whoofed it down.

Have flown 6 times with them in the past year and the cost of the flights, far out way a free drink or two that you might get with Qantas.
Cabin staff are lovely, very efficient and gracious. On landing Saturday, one of them (had a great voice) sang a happy birthday message to someone on the flight, great touch. The captain left the flight deck after landing to personally thank everyone as they left the aircraft.

We have flown Emirates many times and yes they are 'OK', but we have saved nearly $2000.00 flying to the UK with Air Asia next year and having will be having a stop over for a few days in Kuala Lumpur on the way. That $2000 will pay for another holiday, and the trade-off is because we might not quite as comfortable as we might have been for 14 hrs of our life had we used another airline and paid $2000.00 for the privilege.

For the same price as a standard seat with Emirates you can have a Premium seat on Air Asia which is a lie flat bed, so if you have the little extra, you can be way more comfortable than a standard seat on the other airlines. Think about that when you trying to get to sleep in your Emirate seat.....you'll be saying for the same price we could have been lying flat right now if we had gone with Air Asia!

It's a pain they now fly to Gatwick, as we were from Cambridgeshire and the flight to Stanstead was perfect.

We are coming back to Perth one way with Singapore airlines on the A380, which at the time of booking was a good price for the 3 of us and so we can have a little bit of comfort on the way back....... I'm looking forward to those free nuts!