Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Booked flights for reccie

Booked flights for reccie

Old Nov 4th 2004, 5:07 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booked flights for reccie

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Hi Laura

Oh how I wish it were to validate, but alas it's only for a reccie.

Lots and lots and lots of good luck for JC tomorrow, don't forget to let us know how he gets on!

See ya

D D

thanks DD

so how far on are you with visa's, couldnt remember as spoke to so many different people??????????

i'll let you know how interview went as soon as we know.
laura
Old Nov 4th 2004, 5:14 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cadman
Tell him to get the aisle seat!
So she won't be one of these then....

"On a Continental Flight with a very "senior" flight attendant crew, the pilot said, "Ladies and gentlemen, we've reached cruising altitude and will be turning down the cabin lights. This is for your comfort and to enhance the appearance of your flight attendants."

Some other gems for your amusement....

As the plane landed and was coming to a stop at Ronald Reagan, a lone voice came over the loudspeaker: "Whoa, big fella. WHOA!"

After a particularly rough landing during thunderstorms in Memphis, a flight attendant on a Northwest flight announced, "Please take care when opening the overhead compartments because, after landing like that, sure as hell everything has shifted."

And from the pilot during his welcome message: "Delta airlines is pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry. Unfortunately, none of them are on this flight!"

Another flight attendant's comment on a less than perfect landing: "We ask you to please remain seated as Captain Kangaroo bounces us to the terminal."

A plane was taking off from Kennedy Airport. After it reached a comfortable cruising altitude, the captain made an announcement over the intercom, "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Welcome to Flight Number 293, nonstop from New York to Los Angeles. The weather ahead is good and, therefore, we should have a smooth and uneventful flight. Now sit back and relax... OH, MY GOD!"

Silence followed, and after a few minutes, the captain came back on the intercom and said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I am so sorry if I scared you earlier. While I was talking to you, the flight attendant brought me a cup of coffee and spilled the hot coffee in my lap. You should see the front of my pants!"

A passenger in Coach yelled, "That's nothing. You should see the back of mine!"

A man boarded an airplane and took his seat. As he settled in, he glanced up and saw an unusually beautiful woman boarding the plane. He soon realized she was heading straight toward his seat. Lo and behold, she took the seat right beside his.

Eager to strike up a conversation, he blurted out, "Business trip or vacation?"

She turned, smiled and said, "Business. The Annual Sexual Education Convention in Chicago."

He swallowed hard. Here was the most gorgeous woman he had ever seen, sitting next to him, and she was going to a meeting for sex education! Struggling to maintain his composure, he calmly asked, "What's your business role at this convention?" "Lecturer," she responded. "I use my experience to debunk some of the popular myths about sexuality." "Really," he said. "What myths are those?"

"Well," she explained. "One popular myth is that African American men are the most well endowed, when in fact, it's the Native American Indian who is most likely to possess that trait. Another popular myth is that French men are the best lovers, when actually it is the men of Jewish descent. We have, however, found that the best potential lover in all categories is the Southern Redneck."

Suddenly, the woman became a little uncomfortable and blushed. "I'm sorry." she said. "I shouldn't really be discussing this with you. I don't even know your name."

"Tonto," the man said. "Tonto Goldstein. But my friends call me Bubba."

D D
Old Nov 4th 2004, 5:21 pm
Cheeky

Like it DD!!!

LOL! LOL!! LOL!!!

Where do you get them??!!! Oh yes thats right you make them up!!

Cheeky!!

PS Ive got to go now my kids are screaming to be fed!!! Back later!!!!!

Old Nov 4th 2004, 5:24 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Like it DD!!!

LOL! LOL!! LOL!!!

Where do you get them??!!! Oh yes thats right you make them up!!

Cheeky!!

PS Ive got to go now my kids are screaming to be fed!!! Back later!!!!!
Hi ya Cheeky,

In a funny mood again so just go with it!!!

Later...

D D
Old Nov 4th 2004, 5:33 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

So will you have time for a meet up in March DD.

Autumn in Melbourne, my fav time of the year. Not to hot but nice comfortable sunny days. I'm sure you will love it.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 6:06 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

Originally Posted by Bordy
So will you have time for a meet up in March DD.

Autumn in Melbourne, my fav time of the year. Not to hot but nice comfortable sunny days. I'm sure you will love it.
Hi there Bordy,

Definitely, I'd love to. I'll talk to you nearer the time and see if any of the others would like to get together as well.

Cheers

D D
Old Nov 4th 2004, 6:56 pm
a clear conscience is the

heleng is an unknown quantity at this point

We too have been looking at flights for a reccie at easter I am stuck with school hols being a teacher!! We have been looking into staying in a chalet/cabin, there will be 5 of us in total so a hotel would be difficult, and we have seen prices about £400 for 12 days, cars for rent about £25 a day. Its worked out about the same if we had an all inclusive holiday on the med!

Helen
Old Nov 4th 2004, 7:06 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

Originally Posted by heleng
We too have been looking at flights for a reccie at easter I am stuck with school hols being a teacher!! We have been looking into staying in a chalet/cabin, there will be 5 of us in total so a hotel would be difficult, and we have seen prices about £400 for 12 days, cars for rent about £25 a day. Its worked out about the same if we had an all inclusive holiday on the med!

Helen

Hi Helen

We decided on the March easter school holiday because the boys will only have to take one week out of school, the other 2 will be the school hols. Where abouts have you been looking? I've checked out Emerald and Sassafrass for accomm. so far.

D D
Old Nov 4th 2004, 8:49 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Helen

We decided on the March easter school holiday because the boys will only have to take one week out of school, the other 2 will be the school hols. Where abouts have you been looking? I've checked out Emerald and Sassafrass for accomm. so far.

D D
Good luck DD!

Melb'n's great. I lived in Emerald for two months and thought it was really nice place. Hope you have a great time!
Old Nov 5th 2004, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

caz41 will become famous soon enough
Post Re: Booked flights for reccie

Booked with FlightCentre, flying with Singapore Airlines to Melbourne, 3 adults 1 child incl tax and visas £2382.00. This is in March for 3 weeks.

Thought that was quite a good price, did loads of research on the web and these guys were the most reasonable for Singapore Airlines.

I can't wait!

D D
Hi Dolly,

Good luck with the recce, hope to see you out there, still hoping to be there by early december

Caz
Old Nov 5th 2004, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Oo BB, how intriguing - I love surprises.

Found this link on wineries, hic!

http://www.perthweb.net.au/wineries/index.shtml

How long is your flight time? I must admit I'm not looking forward to the long flight. Thankfully we've booked a night flight so half of the journey to Singapore will be whilst we're asleep (I can hope, can't I). Probably be too excited/nervous to sleep though!

Have a brill time

D D
Thanks DD

You don't know my husband :scared: after validating the visas he could be paying for me to swim with the sharks!

Mind you the wine trip comes before the surprise, so I am definately forgetting to take my driving licence. Thanks for the info.

From memory the flight is taking about 19 hours, with a splash and dash at Singapore. I hope they have some good films!! We try to sleep Oz time as soon as we get on the plane, it seems to help when we get the other end.
When we get the Perth I'll be the first in the immigration queue with a big grin on my face waiting for the stamp in the passport (as long as I remember to collect my suitcase - mind you who needs clothes ).

Only 3 1/2 working days to goooooooooooooooooooo.

Cheers

BB