Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bonus payments for Temp. Residents as well.

Bonus payments for Temp. Residents as well.

Old Feb 28th 2009, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

abhibytes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bonus payments for Temp. Residents as well.

Folks..Check this out..

Temporary residents
If you were an Australian resident for tax purposes for the 2007-08 financial year, and you meet all the other eligibility criteria, you will receive the tax bonus. It does not matter whether you were here on a temporary resident visa or not.
Isnt it cool....

http://ato.gov.au/corporate/content.....htm&page=2&H2

Cheers
Abhi
Old Feb 28th 2009, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

stewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to all
Default Re: Bonus payments for Temp. Residents as well.

Originally Posted by abhibytes
Folks..Check this out..

Temporary residents
If you were an Australian resident for tax purposes for the 2007-08 financial year, and you meet all the other eligibility criteria, you will receive the tax bonus. It does not matter whether you were here on a temporary resident visa or not.
Isnt it cool....

http://ato.gov.au/corporate/content.....htm&page=2&H2

Cheers
Abhi

Right im off to Dan Murphys for when the doors open

Looks like we will get it based on that ,cheers Kev hic
Old Mar 5th 2009, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

Willin is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok here's a question.

Because of LAFHA my taxable income as noted on PITR and NOA for 2007/2008 is just within the threshold of under $100,000.

Do you think that will allow me to be eligible??!!

That really would be an unexpected bonus...
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:20 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I think you will, yes.

Originally Posted by Willin
Ok here's a question.

Because of LAFHA my taxable income as noted on PITR and NOA for 2007/2008 is just within the threshold of under $100,000.

Old Mar 5th 2009, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

I arrived just 3 months ago on PR visa, been starting up own business so haven't worked yet in Oz. Anyone know if I still get this?
Old Mar 5th 2009, 3:43 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Willin
Ok here's a question.

But only for $250...

Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

stewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Flintstones
I arrived just 3 months ago on PR visa, been starting up own business so haven't worked yet in Oz. Anyone know if I still get this?
No you had to pay tax in 08 to get it .
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:47 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by The Flintstones
Were you eligible for FTB on 3rd February 2009 ?

If yes, then you may be eligible for the Centrelink payments.

A family with one child could get $1,850 for the Centrelink payments.

However you do say: "I arrived", which indicates you may be on your own, in which case, nothing for you.