Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bonds and Jobs !

Bonds and Jobs !

Old Jan 12th 2004, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Bonds and Jobs !

Hiyas,

Ive been reading the posts on this forum for ages and ages, and have been finally tempted to leave a post

We are currently 3mths into main application process, no feedback yet so being patient lol

We are applying under skilled independants and have agreed the extra 5 pts should come from the $100k route.

1st Question, once medicals and police are sent , i assume next step is GIMME the MONEY time, that being the case how long do you get to stump up the dosh, and after sending the MONEY grrrrrr how long does it take to final passport stamp ????

2nd Question, we are back over in Brissy in April, arriving the 9th and staying with our ozzy friends in Algester. My husband is seeing some people in oz, to do with his business here , with a view to a business interest there lol, sheesh i know the gist ........ if they were to state they could sponsor him, would that be possible, and dooable, and if so would it speed matters up or hinder the proverbial rolling stone.. ???

And wheres these meets everyone is having in Brissy, we watched the tv series on ch4 and there was a huge welsh contingent in melb, just wondered if there was a "society of nutty poms" in Brisbane for us to Apply to

Luvs Debs xxxxxxx
Old Jan 12th 2004, 4:11 pm
jsg
Forum Regular

jsg is an unknown quantity at this point

1st Question, once medicals and police are sent , i assume next step is GIMME the MONEY time, that being the case how long do you get to stump up the dosh, and after sending the MONEY grrrrrr how long does it take to final passport stamp ????
In our case, it was a matter of weeks rather than months to get the money together, and a few weeks after that before we got the visas. Hint: shop around when buying a bond. The rates vary quite a bit from one state treasury to another.

jsg