Reload this Page >

IT bods - how much to ask for?

IT bods - how much to ask for?

Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

fajita is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT bods - how much to ask for?

Folks,
need help on this one. I've been contracting in the uk for a while which has probably given me an inflated view of my own worth The thing is I'm currently looking good for a senior Java developers position in perth (with team leading elements) but it's permanent and they want to know my salary expectations which I don't have a clue about.
On the one hand I don't want to undervalue myself, on the other I don't want to scare them off with ridiculous demands.
If anyone has a good view on the Perth J2EE market at the mo, could you tell me what the going rate for this role would typically be?
Cheers!
Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of
Default Re: IT bods - how much to ask for?

Hi, I'd expect it to be in the region of 90-100k. Depends whether it's a consulting role, an internal IT Dept, a smaller software company or public sector though!
Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

StellaDave has a spectacular aura aboutStellaDave has a spectacular aura aboutStellaDave has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by fajita
Folks,
need help on this one. I've been contracting in the uk for a while which has probably given me an inflated view of my own worth The thing is I'm currently looking good for a senior Java developers position in perth (with team leading elements) but it's permanent and they want to know my salary expectations which I don't have a clue about.
On the one hand I don't want to undervalue myself, on the other I don't want to scare them off with ridiculous demands.
If anyone has a good view on the Perth J2EE market at the mo, could you tell me what the going rate for this role would typically be?
Cheers!
Have a look at these...
http://www.ambit.com.au/salarysurvey...0-%20perth.pdf
http://www.robertwalters.com.au/reso...ustralasia.pdf

IMO I don't pay much attention to docs like these, but they do give you an rough idea of what your worth.

Dave
Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Thanks guys, that info's really useful. It's an in-house IT team so by the sound of it 85-90k should be a reasonable demand?
Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, that info's really useful. It's an in-house IT team so by the sound of it 85-90k should be a reasonable demand?
actually, not a bad ask....I think. If you are team leading, then 90k not a pisstake..

I'm on 85 as a middling developer in Melbourne but's its low risk and fairly pedestrian - been very convenient whilst I get a young family up and running. Fomerly, I would be allowing for 'Perth' but you know how it is - you need cash over there too now, eh(!)
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
actually, not a bad ask....I think. If you are team leading, then 90k not a pisstake..

I'm on 85 as a middling developer in Melbourne but's its low risk and fairly pedestrian - been very convenient whilst I get a young family up and running. Fomerly, I would be allowing for 'Perth' but you know how it is - you need cash over there too now, eh(!)
Sorry just to clarify things would that be 90k plus (or inclusive of) super?
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Folks,
Cheers!
Just out of curiosity, it wouldn't be a local bank thats after you would it ?
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Just out of curiosity, it wouldn't be a local bank thats after you would it ?
Actually no, but I have heard of one that's hiring at the mo
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:54 pm
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Folks,
Cheers!
Without seeing how senior the role is and how senior you are its hard to say too specifically , but roughly you should be looking in the region of $60-$80 p/hr (inc Super), if its permanent then I would think somewhere around the $90-$115K mark (again inc Super).