blu rays uk/oz?

Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default blu rays uk/oz?

Hi guy i am just gonna start getting into blu ray after getting a player as a gift during xmas,after looking around online i cant see a hack for the player,
so might need to get another, that i can hack or get one in oz.
when i get there.
What i want to know is say i have a blu ray player from uk multi region or not on the blue ray side of it, if i have a collection of blu rays and say i buy another machine over there will they work,and say if i buy blu rays in oz and i have a uk machine will they work.
Im sure i read that oz and uk have same region codes is that right?i would hate to start a collection of blu rays and then maybe have to sell them before i went below is what i found:

Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia, and New Zealand, plus all of Oceania
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: blu rays uk/oz?

Originally Posted by brian.w
Hi guy i am just gonna start getting into blu ray after getting a player as a gift during xmas,after looking around online i cant see a hack for the player,
so might need to get another, that i can hack or get one in oz.
when i get there.
What i want to know is say i have a blu ray player from uk multi region or not on the blue ray side of it, if i have a collection of blu rays and say i buy another machine over there will they work,and say if i buy blu rays in oz and i have a uk machine will they work.
Im sure i read that oz and uk have same region codes is that right?i would hate to start a collection of blu rays and then maybe have to sell them before i went below is what i found:

Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia, and New Zealand, plus all of Oceania

According to my hubby - UK blurays will play on an Australian machine and vice versa.

There are only 3 regions for blurays and the UK & Australia are in the same one.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

thanks can maybe start on my collection then
Old Jan 6th 2010, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

MacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really nice

Yes Australia is Region B which is with Europe so you are fine with buying Blu-rays in UK and Australia with no worries of Region locking

Oh and just an FYI most Blu-ray's are Region Free (ABC) and will play on any player
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

Yep Australia use Region B Blu-ray's, same as the UK. So even when you are out there you can still pick up bargains on Amazon UK. Postage for discs to Oz is only £2!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

The Blu-Ray players do play DVDs too and this part will be region locked just like a normal DVD player, Aus and UK are different DVD regions (4 and 2 I think) so you may need a multiregion hack to fix that.

What player do you have?
Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

briggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Would a PS3 work in OZ?
Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

MacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really nice

Originally Posted by briggs
Would a PS3 work in OZ?
Yes.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

PS3's are region locked though so while your Blu-ray's will be fine Oz DVD's might not play as Oz is Region 4 and UK is Region 2.

Truth is that a lot of UK DVD's are both Region 2 and Region 4 coded especially Fox DVD's but you still will find a couple of makers where an Oz DVD won't play on a UK DVD player or PS3 and vice versa.

Best solution: PS3 and cheap multi-region DVD player.