Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bloody Hell, I just dont believe it!

Bloody Hell, I just dont believe it!

Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bloody Hell, I just dont believe it!

Originally Posted by Peed_Off
Yeah, perhaps its just the Gold Coast?
Well we're on the Goldie and I find it's nothing like you describe it the people are fab just so friendly, been here 8 months and honestly have not come across anyone so far who's horrible And as for the humidity, blimey I've known it stickyer (is that a word? ) in the Midlands I find the schools are great, teachers treat kids with respect and receive same back, kids are so polite here with heaps of confidence, my kids are coming on leaps and bounds. I love everything about it here

Last edited by curly; Apr 16th 2008 at 10:56 am.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:06 am
Queensland Mag

Imreswastedlife will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hutch
For the record - I don't think the OP's a troll. He's struggling to fit in here and failing. Can't say I agree with anything he's said - but he's in QLD and I'm in NSW - maybe things are better down here. He's entitled to his opinion whether we agree with it or not.

Small side factoid - did a job today at a house where the family had just moved down from Noosa. They were elated to be here and waxed lyrical about the shopping, restaurants, schools, job situation etc ...
Could some one enlighten me please what is a Troll in BE terms,we are coming to queensland soon and threads like this one used to worry us but now we just take them with a pinch of salt,we'll just get on with it whatever it is like down there
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Imreswastedlife
Could some one enlighten me please what is a Troll in BE terms,we are coming to queensland soon and threads like this one used to worry us but now we just take them with a pinch of salt,we'll just get on with it whatever it is like down there
A troll is someone who posts just to stir up a reaction. Rule 4
4. Trolling on this site is not tolerated. We define trolling as any inflammatory threads or posts that are started with the sole intent of upsetting or antagonizing other members. Anyone found making such posts will be removed from the forums.

I agree with Hutch, the OP here is not a troll, just someone who is unhappy with their life here, and they aren't alone, many feel the same. One of the good things about BE is that there is room for everyone to express their feelings about their lives.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:29 am
Queensland Mag

Imreswastedlife will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
A troll is someone who posts just to stir up a reaction. Rule 4
4. Trolling on this site is not tolerated. We define trolling as any inflammatory threads or posts that are started with the sole intent of upsetting or antagonizing other members. Anyone found making such posts will be removed from the forums.

I agree with Hutch, the OP here is not a troll, just someone who is unhappy with their life here, and they aren't alone, many feel the same. One of the good things about BE is that there is room for everyone to express their feelings about their lives.
Thanks
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
I think its just GC, I totally hate it here, I dont care what anybody say how wonderful it is here, because its not, I found most Queenslanders are just so rude.
The state primary school are rubbish, I was just talking to my next door neighbour an Aussie today, she told me how badly run is the State school in GC, they only provide child minding services here, they dont teach anything useful to your children, so parents can go to work.
She said she would never dream of putting her children to any state primary school on the GC.
I know exactly what she meant we had to take our youngest out as all he did was to watch DVD, & colouring in.
I never had any problem in Adelaide, people were just so nice,
state schools were so good, all the Brits I met were so nice.
Here I get one Brit coming to my house when I first move here, then she totally ignore me after that on BE, how rude is she.
last week I met loads really nice girls, they were so normal I thought I moved State.
Before any of you make any comments why I am out of here, just waiting for
my son finishes his year12 & I'm out of here, not long now.
So to the OP, move to another State, you'll be surprise with how different life could be in another state.
I never thought I could hate a place this much, but I do.

Isnt it funny how one person ( as above & for Peed_off)can have such a bad experience while others are having ( like myself and my british friends ) such a great one.I arrived 3 months ago and met 3 lovely British girls duirng a meet up that I am now as close to as my Welsh pals. I have also met many other friends ( british, asian and Aussies) who are great.. genuine, honest, straight people.I have met some people here who are nice but not really my cup of tea ( and probably vice versa!!) and some down right rude aggro people, but that goes for Wales too, so thats worldwide I think...Maybe your negative feelings towards this area show through, I dont know....

My sons go to a fantastic school and are much much more challenged than in the uk... and they were top 5% students expected to get A grade GCSEs.

The Aussies I meet at the mall ( who see me so often now we are on first name terms almost!!) have been nothing other than warm & friendly and the 8pm thing is not evident where I am living!!

However we all move for different reasons and have different bits of our lives we have to bring with us that will burden us maybe....

If you are that unhappy in a place though I think you should look and lean towards trying a new home to hang your hat so to speak....

Good luck ....

Last edited by WelshSarah; Apr 16th 2008 at 11:51 am. Reason: my spelling again!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grossenbol
WOW that must be some size of School to hold every child on the GC.
U cannot be serious?? My son has gone from being bottom of the class in the UK to above average in the local state school in a mere 9 months. I don't know if u know this but not all schools are the same so u cannot base your facts from 1 school to decide that the GC is crap.
I base mine with one school, if you read the post again, I said my neighbour who is aussie who told me about state primary school in the GC are being rubbish, I think I go with the Aussie on this one, rather than your experince.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

We were in a pub right in the centre of Brisbane on Monday, one of the busiest in the city - everyone was chucked out at 9.30pm....
Bloody hell Winny (sorry, Polly) dont you ever stop in and give Karl a cuddle I noticed you kept the "cat in the bag " for Sunday and Monday
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justsarah
Isnt it funny how one person ( as above & for Peed_off)can have such a bad experience while others are having ( like myself and my british friends ) such a great one.I arrived 3 months ago and met 3 lovely British girls duirng a meet up that I am now as close to as my Welsh pals. I have also met many other friends ( british, asian and Aussies) who are great.. genuine, honest, straight people.I have met some people here who are nice but not really my cup of tea ( and probably vice versa!!) and some down right rude aggro people, but that goes for Wales too, so thats worldwide I think...Maybe your negative feelings towards this area show through, I dont know....

My sons go to a fantastic school and are much much more challenged than in the uk... and they were top 5% students expected to get A grade GCSEs.

The Aussies I meet at the mall ( who see me so often now we are on first name terms almost!!) have been nothing other than warm & friendly and the 8pm thing is not evident where I am living!!

However we all move for different reasons and have different bits of our lives we have to bring with us that will burden us maybe....

If you are that unhappy in a place though I think you should look and lean towards trying a new home to hang your hat so to speak....

Good luck ....
Well what do you want me to say, lucky you, I doubt it your son's can beat my son as he was in the top 5% of gifted student in UK, over here every assignment he writes his school ask his permisson to print it off to use as referance, in SA they ask him to publish his work, now would that make me being happy in Gold Coast, no.
I dont like it here, as I didnt click with this place, but trying to show off your children to my children that is just so sad.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

We were in a pub right in the centre of Brisbane on Monday, one of the busiest in the city - everyone was chucked out at 9.30pm....
It happened to us in a restaurant, we had to eat so fast, we all had indigestions by the time we left, we use to go on girls night out in Adelaide until 5 in the morning & there was places open until then & later.
I never thought that 9 o'clock was almost deadline here.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Well what do you want me to say, lucky you, I doubt it your son's can beat my son as he was in the top 5% of gifted student in UK, over here every assignment he writes his school ask his permisson to print it off to use as referance, in SA they ask him to publish his work, now would that make me being happy in Gold Coast, no.
I dont like it here, as I didnt click with this place, but trying to show off your children to my children that is just so sad.
Not the case im afraid... Just saying mine are doing well, I cant speak for yours... I wouldnt compare my sons to anybodys... and didnt...
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:19 pm
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold

To the original poster (pee'd off). I'm sorry you aren't too happy. I used to live in Perth and know how you feel. We came back to UK over a year ago and have no regrets but I'll always have special memories of the place as my children were born there and my husband is an Aussie ( mmm - Ill reserve judgement on the arrogant, no manners, fat stereotype!!!!) I'm glad I lived there but we were there for 5 years and my only regret is that we didn't come back sooner as in after 3 years or so. The last couple of years we were there were in limbo so we should have done it sooner. The longer you are there the harder it gets to leave in a way as you get entrenched in life and our ages were against us. So my advice is if you feel like that start making plans now to come back to the UK. As previous posters have said life is too short. Also if you post on the ' moving back to the UK' part of the forum you will get alot more sympathy and meet like minded people. I've never been able to understand the 'godsown' Aussie lovers with blinkered vision. Also another thing to add was that even though I am married to an Aussie I didn't find the Aussie's that friendly and nearly all of our friends were Scottish, English, Russian, Kiwis. I really tried to make friends with the Aussies but never got past the acquaintance stage and even though they were sort of friendly I got the impression that they already had their own old school mates, families etc that they couldn't really be bothered. After all how many people in the UK are really welcoming to new migrants. Do I go out of my way to be friendly to Aussies in the UK? not really. Try and enjoy some of the positive aspects of Australia like the beaches and maybe a trip to Byron Bay to learn to surf or something and then come home before you end up stuck there. Good Luck hope things get better.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by justsarah

Good luck ....

I dont mention anyones children here....

Please dont start again This is an adult debate not a slanging match and i have no idea what your 'beef' is with me ( and others..)
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:21 pm
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold

PS: Just wanted to also add that nearly all of the Aussies I met were planning on sending their kids to private secondary schools, seems to be the norm out there and they're a lot cheaper than teh UK ones.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Farideh I really don't see that Sarah has bragged about her kids she was just stating that that she finds the education here equal or maybe better to the UK. Let's us get on eh? no need for any more falling out on here
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mine go to the Queensland academy for Health Sciences in Sothport. It opened in January this year and is for fast track students to uni. It does the bacca laurette( crap speller!!) diploma and is a state school. There is a very tough entrance exam and a high drop out rate for students ( since Jan 10 have left) but its first class as far as im concerned...

and I m not comparing to anyone else either!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.