Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

bloody hell....call for references!!!!

bloody hell....call for references!!!!

Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default bloody hell....call for references!!!!

Hello all

Ive just had an email from a job I applied for as a teacher in SA. They are asking for email addressess of my referrees as they cant be contacted by phone aargggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Thats because we are on holiday over here...

Will have to spend the day trying to get in touch with them now...and I think they are both on foreign holidays...just my blooy luck.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bloody hell....call for references!!!!

great news though!

brilliant in fact I think! hope you get through!
Old Aug 24th 2006, 8:03 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck..............hope you can get in touch.

Loz x
Old Aug 24th 2006, 8:09 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lollyno1
Hello all

Ive just had an email from a job I applied for as a teacher in SA. They are asking for email addressess of my referrees as they cant be contacted by phone aargggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Thats because we are on holiday over here...

Will have to spend the day trying to get in touch with them now...and I think they are both on foreign holidays...just my blooy luck.
I'm having the same problem! Most of my recent references are school based. Today is GCSE results day though, and usually staff go in for that, so there should be someone there to talk to...

S
Old Aug 24th 2006, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

phewwwwwwwww

got in touch with my head this morning..so obviously had to say about me wanting to move (after id telling her id shelved the idea..lol ) she thinks im fairy headed anyway so just said that i was just putting my toes in the water..and see what happens..

im not expecting anything from it though but nice to know my c.v. and covering letter is appealing enough for prosepective employers to take it a bit further.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I'm having the same problem! Most of my recent references are school based. Today is GCSE results day though, and usually staff go in for that, so there should be someone there to talk to...

S

I'd love to know how you guys get on with getting teaching jobs etc. I'm a Secondary English teacher and will be looking for work when I arrive at the beginning of the New Year.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Good luck and I hope you can get in touch with them for the references.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

hi all

just an update (cos i like to share..) i didnt get the job where my references were called for : 0(

however just recieved an email advising me to contact my referees that they will be contacted on Wed 30th august at 8.30 uk time (5pm adelaide time)

trouble do you think they will make the effort to get into work at that time...as we are still on holiday...im not sure!!!!
a big ask in IMO