Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scots Moving To Melbourne Meet Up

Scots Moving To Melbourne Meet Up

Old Jul 29th 2006, 7:28 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scots Moving To Melbourne Meet Up

Myself, Sandra&Jim and Margaret2 (and a life size cut out of Stitch) are hoping to get together soon for a chinwag before Sandra and family head down under in September, and hopefully as a celebration od Margaret getting her visa.

Because of work/family commitments, a Sat/Sun afternoon would probably suit best and hopefully sometime fairly soon. OH says he's happy to babysit our two so I'll be on my own with a gin and tonic or 2

Anyone want to join us? Let us know and we can talk dates/times.

Gill
Old Jul 29th 2006, 7:50 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Scots Moving To Melbourne Meet Up

[QUOTE=herrchook]Myself, Sandra&Jim and Margaret2 (and a life size cut out of Stitch)

PMSL

, and hopefully as a celebration od Margaret getting her visa.

That'll be the day, if that's the case i may stay sober to celebrate
Old Jul 29th 2006, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

Aye right!!!!!

[QUOTE=Margaret2]
Originally Posted by herrchook
Myself, Sandra&Jim and Margaret2 (and a life size cut out of Stitch)

PMSL

, and hopefully as a celebration od Margaret getting her visa.

That'll be the day, if that's the case i may stay sober to celebrate
Old Jul 29th 2006, 8:07 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Sandra and Jim]Aye right!!!!!

Old Jul 29th 2006, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold
Red face Re: Scots Moving To Melbourne Meet Up

where about r yoose in scotland and have yoose arranged meet up,

we r in north lanarkshire and moving to melbourne begin of november visa permitting.,. just saw this thread and thought i'd get ma wee neb in

sarah-jayne
Old Jul 29th 2006, 9:32 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne
where about r yoose in scotland and have yoose arranged meet up,

we r in north lanarkshire and moving to melbourne begin of november visa permitting.,. just saw this thread and thought i'd get ma wee neb in

sarah-jayne
Hey Sarah-Jayne.

Certainly looks like the Scots are invading Melbourne doesn't it? So far, we've not arranged anything, were waiting to see who is up for it. Most likely, we'll meet up in Glasgow in a pub somewhere for a liquid lunch. Keep your eye on here and we can get something sorted soon.

Where in North Lanarkshire are you? We used to stay in Stepps before we moved here 18 months ago.

Gill

Gill
Old Jul 29th 2006, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

Hey Sarah-Jayne.

Certainly looks like the Scots are invading Melbourne doesn't it? So far, we've not arranged anything, were waiting to see who is up for it. Most likely, we'll meet up in Glasgow in a pub somewhere for a liquid lunch. Keep your eye on here and we can get something sorted soon.

Where in North Lanarkshire are you? We used to stay in Stepps before we moved here 18 months ago.

Gill

Gill
Gill, we r in sunny bellshill or not so its sems, A beverage or many sounds good idea in town definately be up for that. Was at a wedding in stepps parish church last september and it was lovely, very quaint wee church. Anyway will keep my eye open on meet ups for rendevous.

thanks

sarah-jayne
Old Jul 29th 2006, 11:05 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Myself, Sandra&Jim and Margaret2 (and a life size cut out of Stitch) are hoping to get together soon for a chinwag before Sandra and family head down under in September, and hopefully as a celebration od Margaret getting her visa.

Because of work/family commitments, a Sat/Sun afternoon would probably suit best and hopefully sometime fairly soon. OH says he's happy to babysit our two so I'll be on my own with a gin and tonic or 2

Anyone want to join us? Let us know and we can talk dates/times.

Gill

Gill I was about to feel very rejected there for a minute when I saw the Scottish Lassies but then read your thread and you hadn't forgotten about me.....Awwwwwwww shucks!

Cheers ladies and have a good one. Sandra I know we'll be in different states but if I can do anything just shout.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

There is no way you are staying sober. Definitely not if your visa is here!!!!

[QUOTE=Margaret2]
Originally Posted by Sandra and Jim
Aye right!!!!!

Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

We're in Moodiesburn, not far from Stepps or Bellshill. Try and make the meet, (only been to one with OH and kids, girls only is better, I'm sure the rest will vouch for that). Good fun and really helpful for when we all arrive on the other side at least you have met some people who are in the same position. Only been to 3 and felt as if I'd known people for a while.

Hope to see you then but try not to accost anyone in Queen St Station, eh Stitch!!!

Sandra

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne
Gill, we r in sunny bellshill or not so its sems, A beverage or many sounds good idea in town definately be up for that. Was at a wedding in stepps parish church last september and it was lovely, very quaint wee church. Anyway will keep my eye open on meet ups for rendevous.

thanks

sarah-jayne
Old Jul 30th 2006, 10:16 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

We're in Moodiesburn, not far from Stepps or Bellshill. Try and make the meet, (only been to one with OH and kids, girls only is better, I'm sure the rest will vouch for that). Good fun and really helpful for when we all arrive on the other side at least you have met some people who are in the same position. Only been to 3 and felt as if I'd known people for a while.

Hope to see you then but try not to accost anyone in Queen St Station, eh Stitch!!!

Sandra

Sandra......I did it so well!!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jul 30th 2006, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

We will have to get a banner/koala etc for next one so as not to offend any innocent people with "Are you from British Expats?"

Sandra
x

Originally Posted by Stitch
Sandra......I did it so well!!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jul 31st 2006, 8:34 pm
Sunny Sydney

We will have to get a banner/koala etc for next one so as not to offend any innocent people with "Are you from British Expats?"

Sandra
x
How are you all fixed for maybe meeting on the 19th? I'll be in Glasgow that day already so it suits me fine. I'm also free on the 12th and the 26th/27th.

Dont want to leave it too late or Sandra will be off.

I've ordered a wee table top Aussie flag for the table

Gill
Old Jul 31st 2006, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

How are you all fixed for maybe meeting on the 19th? I'll be in Glasgow that day already so it suits me fine. I'm also free on the 12th and the 26th/27th.

Gill
That sounds good, iam defin up for a wee girls meet in town. I feel as if iam gate crashing you'se, but when i saw you were all going to Melbourne, thought it would be good to meet and get the banter.

cheers

sarah-jayne
Old Jul 31st 2006, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Gill

I've got a few things on in August/September (Karen's leaving party and my graduation to name but a few....) so you girls arrange the date etc... and if I can fit it in, I'll be there.

Jane x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.