Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bloody computers

Bloody computers

Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Bloody computers

Can anyone help!!!!!
Back in the UK, whenever i joined a thread, I used to get email stating if anyone had replied to that thread. But now i don't for some strange reason, & i spend most of my time searching for the threads i have joined. Is it a case of just changing a setting on my computer???
Also when i hit the back space button to correct a mistake (and believe me there are lots!!!!!) it wipes out the whole email not just the mistake i trying to correct!!!!!!!
Can one one help out a stressed out homesick pom!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:10 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bloody computers

go to My Profile, then edit options on the left. then u can tick a box to send emails
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:17 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Bloody computers

Originally Posted by paula 1
Also when i hit the back space button to correct a mistake (and believe me there are lots!!!!!) it wipes out the whole email not just the mistake i trying to correct!!!!!!!
Is it actually wiping out the whole of the text or just wont let you correct a mistake as it deletes the next letter etc. The only way around that is to delete it all from where the error occurs and be careful retyping or come out of the thread and then go back in and do it again.

It is not a problem with you or the PC but the website itself.

R.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:22 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Originally Posted by Carruss
Is it actually wiping out the whole of the text or just wont let you correct a mistake as it deletes the next letter etc. The only way around that is to delete it all from where the error occurs and be careful retyping or come out of the thread and then go back in and do it again.

It is not a problem with you or the PC but the website itself.

R.
I'd also check you haven't got a key stuck down, like the Alt key as that can wipe out all your text that you've typed. Not 100% sure but it's worth a look. Let me know if you suss it.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you both for your replies.
The back space button is wiping out all of the text (the whole lot)
If you don't hear from me again you know i've thrown the computer out of the window or myself!!!!!!!only joking i would not do that to the computer
Thanks again
Paula
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you both for your replies.
The back space button is wiping out all of the text (the whole lot)
If you don't hear from me again you know i've thrown the computer out of the window or myself!!!!!!!only joking i would not do that to the computer
Thanks again
Paula
Hi
Could i be a pain, i've been into My profile & changed the settings. Could someone send me a email so i can see if it has worked.
Many Thanks
Paula
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:45 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Could i be a pain, i've been into My profile & changed the settings. Could someone send me a email so i can see if it has worked.
Many Thanks
Paula
It was rejected - an NTL enmail address!

R.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

storerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of light

You should get an email from this reply.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Carruss
It was rejected - an NTL enmail address!

R.
Hi Carruss
Thanks alot, NTL was my email back home.
Thanks for helping me out , have to sort it out later.
Bye Paula
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:50 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Wink Re: Bloody computers

Hi Carruss
Thanks alot, NTL was my email back home.
Thanks for helping me out , have to sort it out later.
Bye Paula
No problem.

R.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by storerg
You should get an email from this reply.
Hi
Thanks for replying, but i never received the reply, will have to look into it.

Just noticed your from Herts, what part????? We are from Herts, Welwyn Garden City.
Paula