Etap Hotels

Old Apr 19th 2005, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Etap Hotels

Has anyone used this group of Hotels in Paris or Rome, they seem so much cheaper than anyone else, that I just had to ask. IE: I'm getting constant quotes from other hotels of around 250 to 300 aud per night. But with this etap group It's coming in at around 50 euros, or about 80 bucks per night. I did a dummy booking for 3 and it came out at 160 euros for 3 for 4 nights.(and that included breakfast) So the price doesn't seem to be per person.

Anyone know of them, for instance one doesn't have to share one toilet for the whole hotel etc etc ?

Whats the catch ?
Old Apr 19th 2005, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Gabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really nice
Default Re: Etap Hotels

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Has anyone used this group of Hotels in Paris or Rome, they seem so much cheaper than anyone else, that I just had to ask. IE: I'm getting constant quotes from other hotels of around 250 to 300 aud per night. But with this etap group It's coming in at around 50 euros, or about 80 bucks per night. I did a dummy booking for 3 and it came out at 160 euros for 3 for 4 nights.(and that included breakfast) So the price doesn't seem to be per person.

Anyone know of them, for instance one doesn't have to share one toilet for the whole hotel etc etc ?

Whats the catch ?
Stayed at Etap Aubervilliers in Paris 3 years ago. Reasonable rates, indeed. You are charged per room per night. The price includes a buffet breakfast, consisting of bread, butter, a few varieties of jams, coffee, tea, milk, orange juice. The room was big/ small enough (depending on your standard) for the two of us. There's a double bed, above which there's a single one. Toilet with shower in the room. There is a tv and a radio as well.

Tha catch could be the fact that it is not in town, but on the outskirts and it is a chain hotel. However, public transportation was available in the vicinity of the hotel. I would book again a room in Etap if I had the chance.

Gabriel

Last edited by Gabriel; Apr 19th 2005 at 6:50 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etap Hotels

Originally Posted by Gabriel
Stayed at Etap Aubervilliers in Paris 3 years ago. Reasonable rates, indeed. You are charged per room per night. The price includes a buffet breakfast, consisting of bread, butter, a few varieties of jams, coffee, tea, milk, orange juice. The room was big/ small enough (depending on your standard) for the two of us. There's a double bed, above which there's a single one. Toilet with shower in the room. There is a tv and a radio as well.

Tha catch could be the fact that it is not in town, but on the outskirts and it is a chain hotel. However, public transportation was available in the vicinity of the hotel. I would book again a room in Etap if I had the chance.

Gabriel
Thanks Gabriel, in fact I've found a french owned group that is similar if not more suited to us in the BandB group, with 30 hotels around france and germany, Including some that have room for 4 in a room, great for those with kids.

Half the price of travel agents quotations !!

If the BandB group are booked out, will book two rooms at an etap and still finish in front. !