Reload this Page >

bloody birth certificate

bloody birth certificate

Old Nov 23rd 2003, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

FOREST FANS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: bloody birth certificate

Originally posted by welshboybilly
just spent the second evening in a row working on the application we are hoping to send off tomorrow for our de-facto visa.

going through the checklist i noticed it asks for a certified copy of my birth certificate showing both parents names :scared: aaarrrghhhhh i dont have one!!!

is this an absolute must have???

i had ready to get certified in the morning a normal birth certificate which is just an extract from the long copy.

should i delay sending off the application untill i get the full copy?

anyone done this?

does anybody even know what im talking about?

Yep, I know what you mean, you do need the full version - I had the shortened version also and agent told me needed full length - just pop along to your Registrar and he'll fill you a full one in, costs about £7, but am almost sure they will bat it back to you without, and that means unncessary delays

Old Nov 23rd 2003, 11:10 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

The above illustrates why agents earn their money. Yes the High Commision will ask for more information if something is not quite right but that will delay the application.

All I can say is there is an excellent check list in the partner migration booklet. Read forwards and backwards as many times as you can and triple or quadruple check every item. Each time I spotted something new.

Good luck WBB but I doubt you will need it. It is just a matter of patience now.
Old Nov 24th 2003, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by rumbletum
Hi Seang

I also applied under skilled independent and included in my application was my husband and two children. I did have the full certificate as do my children. However husband's birth certificate was just a small square certificate with only his name, and date of birth - no mention of his parents. We fretted over this as well but decided to go ahead and send it. It was never questioned, got our visas four weeks later
Maybe this was because he wasnt the main applicant??

Same here,

we only had the short version for my husband and we got our visas no probs.

Claire
Old Nov 24th 2003, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

i ordered mine over the web site, got the long version, as I adopted I sent them my original plus the adopted one, didnt know aht they needed so played safe by sending the lot
Old Nov 24th 2003, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to obtain full length birth certs for all of us kids as well.
Supplied loads of docs to prove de facto relationship. Our statemant ,however, is slightly weak, not very good at writing slushy stuff. Did have loads of bills, bank statements, invoices in joint names, in addition to our `wills` and pension plans, naming each other as beneficiaries.
Hope this was enough
Old Nov 24th 2003, 10:41 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly
just spent the second evening in a row working on the application we are hoping to send off tomorrow for our de-facto visa.

going through the checklist i noticed it asks for a certified copy of my birth certificate showing both parents names :scared: aaarrrghhhhh i dont have one!!!

is this an absolute must have???

i had ready to get certified in the morning a normal birth certificate which is just an extract from the long copy.

should i delay sending off the application untill i get the full copy?

anyone done this?

does anybody even know what im talking about?

Wotcha WBB,

Doubtless I am repeating what others have said but yes, you need the full version. Dead easy to apply for, but it does take a little while. Mine was waiting for me when we got back yesterday - took 3 weeks. But there is a fast-track option for which you pay a little more. PM me if you still need advice, but I'd imagine it's all sorted now.