Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bloody Australian Work Ethic!!!!

Bloody Australian Work Ethic!!!!

Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:39 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bloody Australian Work Ethic!!!!

God, how awful. My heart goes out to you.
I really hope something works out for you soon.
Sending K,
J x
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
You don't have a lot of luck with jobs do you?

Hope you sort this out.....find another job and then tell them to piss off.

Good luck

G
I have that knack of finding the dodgy ones don't I? Hubby says its cos I have too higher standards for here in oz!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:52 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kitty4
I know exactly how Annie/Glittabae is being treated and sympathise, and like she said, it was only a matter of time with this company. They are a crap company who have little respect for anyone. I know from first hand experience with them. I'm glad I didn't stay long before telling them I wouldn't sign a contract with them. If I had signed it, I know I would have recieved the same treatment.
They have a shocking attitude towards skilled staff, nurses are a cheap commodity, to be used, abused and discarded.
It seems none of the so called managers/directors have an ounce of management know how and obviously no human resource management skills.
I don't know if Annie is a member of a union, as that might be a shock for the company to be challenged. However, I don't know if it is worth the stress and if the outcome would be any different. That's a personal choice to pursue.
I would leave now and let them cope. Bet the new nurse doesn't stay long. None do.
However, when you are relying on that money to pay the rent etc, it's really hard.
Like someone said, Annie is a top rate nurse, and would get a job easily around here, but the unsocial hours can be a problem in current circumstances and family come first.
Awful situation.
can you put the name of this company on the nursing forum so none of us get caught in their trap

Kim
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
can you put the name of this company on the nursing forum so none of us get caught in their trap

Kim
Not sure we can, I can however say, even if your on your last legs, never call 13DOCTOR!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 4:01 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

hey glittababe

can you pm me if you're checking out jobs - i know as guy who recruits docs and nurses, expat, who has loads of contacts, cheers

J
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by joeyballantyne
hey glittababe

can you pm me if you're checking out jobs - i know as guy who recruits docs and nurses, expat, who has loads of contacts, cheers

J
thank you, thats fab, sending pm now!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Annie, Hi mate WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have just read the thread. Sorry to say it mate but time to secure the references. I would let the new nurse know the crap that you have gone through. She might feel something or not. This director, well what can one say. Seems totally incompetent to me. I would go higher, after securing references. I know that you have good working relationships with the DOcs, they are your references surely. I walked from a practice job in the UK after telling one of the partners that he was an incompetent idiot, if he wanted a monkey then go hire one, along those lines, the sense of pleasure I got from doing it, still makes me smile today. Cliff was around to pick me up on that fateful day, and ended up sticking his oar in, to another of the GPs along the lines of, "Do you normally try and bully your staff, go back to school try an learn some manners and morals" It was hilarious we did it in full view of the surgery.............The receptionists were upset for me.. Bless...I must admit I did not give a toss. Got an amazing reference from one of the GP`s...Annie the amount of money that you get is not enough to prostitute yourself in any way for these people. Take your skills and knowledge mate elsewhere, don`t feel any sense of sadness, keep valuing yourself, don`t allow yourself to fall into the trap of any emotional ties to the patients, You don`t earn enough to sell your soul. They couldn`t afford it anyway babe. Big hugs. Mandy X
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mandy&Cliff
Annie, Hi mate WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have just read the thread. Sorry to say it mate but time to secure the references. I would let the new nurse know the crap that you have gone through. She might feel something or not. This director, well what can one say. Seems totally incompetent to me. I would go higher, after securing references. I know that you have good working relationships with the DOcs, they are your references surely. I walked from a practice job in the UK after telling one of the partners that he was an incompetent idiot, if he wanted a monkey then go hire one, along those lines, the sense of pleasure I got from doing it, still makes me smile today. Cliff was around to pick me up on that fateful day, and ended up sticking his oar in, to another of the GPs along the lines of, "Do you normally try and bully your staff, go back to school try an learn some manners and morals" It was hilarious we did it in full view of the surgery.............The receptionists were upset for me.. Bless...I must admit I did not give a toss. Got an amazing reference from one of the GP`s...Annie the amount of money that you get is not enough to prostitute yourself in any way for these people. Take your skills and knowledge mate elsewhere, don`t feel any sense of sadness, keep valuing yourself, don`t allow yourself to fall into the trap of any emotional ties to the patients, You don`t earn enough to sell your soul. They couldn`t afford it anyway babe. Big hugs. Mandy X

Mandy thanks for the phonecall, really needed to talk. You're right, it can either way now, I can play them at there own game. As for this new nurse, wow I've never met such attitude and to think I actually felt sorry for her!!!!! I could never work with anyone as brazen as that! Ah well, fingers crossed I Manage to secure something more permanent.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

jayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nice

Originally Posted by glittababe
Mandy thanks for the phonecall, really needed to talk. You're right, it can either way now, I can play them at there own game. As for this new nurse, wow I've never met such attitude and to think I actually felt sorry for her!!!!! I could never work with anyone as brazen as that! Ah well, fingers crossed I Manage to secure something more permanent.
Hi Glittababe, I dont often comment on these sort of things but in this case your Directors a Pr*ck, tell them to stuff it. Then ensure that you tell every other expat who the company are, so that not just potential employees know but also potential customers. People should not be treated this way!

Jay
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:48 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=JulesM;4541785]

I'm not in nursing but I am an employer and cannot believe that anyone would speak to an employee the way you have been spoken to. In your position I would feel extremely undervalued and would look elsewhere - why work somewhere where they have a complete lack of respect for you?
Just to clarify you statement with an example, I had a colleague who was approached by a prospective headhunter in the same line of work in Brisbane, timber sales. This chap approached our Managing Director/owner and told him of the job offer, BTW, which at that time he had not accepted. He did what he thought was the right thing as the company had just spent several years training him as a cadet. The reply from the MD was on your bike sunshine. At which the chap immediately handed in his resignation. On average we loose at least 3 people every 6 to 8 weeks, and some are not replaced. As a consequence, morale is at an alltime low, actually to find out a hole needs to be cut into the floor. This attitude by management is rampant.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jayjd12
Hi Glittababe, I dont often comment on these sort of things but in this case your Directors a Pr*ck, tell them to stuff it. Then ensure that you tell every other expat who the company are, so that not just potential employees know but also potential customers. People should not be treated this way!

Jay
I have the potential to do them a lot of damage. They have an awfulk reputation as it is but I can tell you a few things that would make it a lot worst; a Dr in Coolum nicking drugs, morphine, midazolam,pethidine and using them to assault patients - (he's known locally as the 'dirty Cuban'), patient's witnessing a fight between a nurse and a dr, the fact they employ non english speaking dr's - not trained as GP's cos they're cheaper, low standards, poor hygiene - ahh the list goes on. Yep I could do a lot of damage........................
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Bloody Australian Work Ethic!!!!

I cannot believe that's how a supposedly 'modern' country works! I work in HR here in the UK, and it's entirely possible I will end up doing some form of HR work when we get to Oz. There is absolutely no way UK employment legislation would stand for half of what you quote your organisation saying/doing to you. Is there an Oz version of citizen's advice (assuming there is no trade union relationship going on)?

If I do work in HR when I get there, sounds like I'll either not get on very well, or will have major culture shock! Oh my God!!!!!
Old Mar 24th 2007, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jojosan
I cannot believe that's how a supposedly 'modern' country works! I work in HR here in the UK, and it's entirely possible I will end up doing some form of HR work when we get to Oz. There is absolutely no way UK employment legislation would stand for half of what you quote your organisation saying/doing to you. Is there an Oz version of citizen's advice (assuming there is no trade union relationship going on)?

If I do work in HR when I get there, sounds like I'll either not get on very well, or will have major culture shock! Oh my God!!!!!
You might be lucky and work for a good organisation, but on the whole, they're pretty bad and no there is no support available. Bullying, harrassment etc are common place.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 1:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You might be lucky and work for a good organisation, but on the whole, they're pretty bad and no there is no support available. Bullying, harrassment etc are common place.
....and because so many people work on contract or are "temporary employees" if you kick up trouble its easy, the contract just doesn't get renewed.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

I have the potential to do them a lot of damage. They have an awfulk reputation as it is but I can tell you a few things that would make it a lot worst; a Dr in Coolum nicking drugs, morphine, midazolam,pethidine and using them to assault patients - (he's known locally as the 'dirty Cuban'), patient's witnessing a fight between a nurse and a dr, the fact they employ non english speaking dr's - not trained as GP's cos they're cheaper, low standards, poor hygiene - ahh the list goes on. Yep I could do a lot of damage........................
You panicked me now, i have just emailed my uncle about the coolum doctor - my very elderly grandparents live in coolum!! and i know they have a local doctor. Just checking its not the same one!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.