Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bl**dy Allied Pickfords..Grrr Grrr

Bl**dy Allied Pickfords..Grrr Grrr

Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:07 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bl**dy Allied Pickfords..Grrr Grrr

I am soooo annoyed..

Just had a call from Allied Pickfords in Brissie, to let us know when the ship with all our stuff arrives.

We were originally told by AP that our stuff would take 10 max of 12 weeks to be delivered to our new location, so with that, we had all our stuff shipped from the uk 6 weeks before we left. So stuff packed beginning of Dec, and we left second week of Jan, expecting out stuff mid Feb.

Just been told we aint getting it until the end of March...grrr so angry... I want my CD collection...I want my PC !!!! aaahhh...

Ok rant over..
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:02 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bl**dy Allied Pickfords..Grrr Grrr

Originally Posted by sloake
I am soooo annoyed..

Just had a call from Allied Pickfords in Brissie, to let us know when the ship with all our stuff arrives.

We were originally told by AP that our stuff would take 10 max of 12 weeks to be delivered to our new location, so with that, we had all our stuff shipped from the uk 6 weeks before we left. So stuff packed beginning of Dec, and we left second week of Jan, expecting out stuff mid Feb.

Just been told we aint getting it until the end of March...grrr so angry... I want my CD collection...I want my PC !!!! aaahhh...

Ok rant over..
Why are you not getting it until end of March thats bloody weeks away...once ours arrived in Brissy it took under 3 weeks to clear customs and we got it a week later
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:09 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
Why are you not getting it until end of March thats bloody weeks away...once ours arrived in Brissy it took under 3 weeks to clear customs and we got it a week later
Our ship doesnt come in until 26 / 27 of Feb..

Annoyed, as we had to do with out stuff for 6 weeks before, on the basis it would get here quicker...
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:22 am

Our ship doesnt come in until 26 / 27 of Feb..

Annoyed, as we had to do with out stuff for 6 weeks before, on the basis it would get here quicker...
aaaahhh I see sorry i read ur post wrong....yeah ours left 6 weeks before we did too and its like christmas when u get it....but u still rhink what the **** did i bring that for lol

are u tracking the ship online?
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:29 am
chilled member

aaaahhh I see sorry i read ur post wrong....yeah ours left 6 weeks before we did too and its like christmas when u get it....but u still rhink what the **** did i bring that for lol

are u tracking the ship online?
Nah.. didnt know we could...

I let rip at the poor girl who phoned me.. poor woman..not her fault but the idiots in UK...

Oh well nothing I can do to make it go any faster... but think I will write a sh**ty letter to the UK office, see if I can get some sort of refund...

not going to let it ruin my weekend...
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:45 am

Nah.. didnt know we could...

I let rip at the poor girl who phoned me.. poor woman..not her fault but the idiots in UK...

Oh well nothing I can do to make it go any faster... but think I will write a sh**ty letter to the UK office, see if I can get some sort of refund...

not going to let it ruin my weekend...
have a good weekend and ur stuff will be here soon

You can track it online if u know what the name of the ship is
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

have a good weekend and ur stuff will be here soon

You can track it online if u know what the name of the ship is
And if they've given you the right name.....***** ******** gave me the name of my "supposed" ship for my stuff going Tilbury-Brisbane, the ship turned out to be doing something like New York-India!!!
Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

alrobson will become famous soon enoughalrobson will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I'd be interested to hear the reason they gave you for you stuff not getting there on time.

Adrian
Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Did you get the date of arrival in OZ in writing originally or was it just verbal?

If it's in writing hire all the stuff you want/need until you get yours and claim the cost back?
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:15 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cadman
Did you get the date of arrival in OZ in writing originally or was it just verbal?

If it's in writing hire all the stuff you want/need until you get yours and claim the cost back?
I wouldn't have thought it was possible to put it in writing - too many variables like time to load the ship, weather en route, customs clearance this end.......

My stuff left my flat mid October 2003, I was told 10 weeks maximum, didn't even leave Tilbury for a month, and was delivered here mid February after spedning 8 weeks in a Customs backlog.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I wouldn't have thought it was possible to put it in writing - too many variables like time to load the ship, weather en route, customs clearance this end.......

My stuff left my flat mid October 2003, I was told 10 weeks maximum, didn't even leave Tilbury for a month, and was delivered here mid February after spedning 8 weeks in a Customs backlog.

Fair enough but like you say they told you 10 weeks max. Was there no mention of this in the contract? Just curious that's all.

We were planning to send our stuff early so that it would arrive and clear customs just before we get there but I suppose there are just the 2 problems with that by the looks of it ,

1. Might be delayed at some point
2. Gotta live without any furniture, most of your clothes, kids toys, bedding etc. for weeks/months until you get there
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:48 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by cadman
Fair enough but like you say they told you 10 weeks max. Was there no mention of this in the contract? Just curious that's all.

We were planning to send our stuff early so that it would arrive and clear customs just before we get there but I suppose there are just the 2 problems with that by the looks of it ,

1. Might be delayed at some point
2. Gotta live without any furniture, most of your clothes, kids toys, bedding etc. for weeks/months until you get there
From memory, it saaid something like "expected" to take minimum of 6 and maximum of 10 weeks, but theres was a get-out clause of course - stuff about "factors beyond our control"

The best advice I can give for timing is - avoid Christmas. My ship arrived Christmas week, but everything shuts down and gets backlogged - hence 2 months to shift the stuff through Customs. And the shippers can't be held responsible for that, unfortunately.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

same thing happened to us. When I queried as to where our stuff was, I was advised that our ship was 'stuck' somewhere in Singapore. Apparently, shipping lanes were very, very busy and it had to wait its turn to continue its journey. WHEN it finally did arrive, we couldnt get our stuff as Marine Shipping, in London, whom we had used hadnt paid for the shipping, hence the very important document known as 'The Bill Of Lading' could not be obtained. No document, no goods!!! Took me weeks of arguing with the bloke in the uk, before we finally got our stuff. He kept saying that he had paid the bill that day, when |I managed to get through to Freemantle they said he hadnt, by then because of the time differance couldnt ring the bloke back in the UK until the next day, when the scenario started all over again. At one point he said he was going to sue me for hassling his staff!!!!!!!
Old Feb 4th 2005, 10:18 pm
chilled member

Originally Posted by Pollyana
From memory, it saaid something like "expected" to take minimum of 6 and maximum of 10 weeks, but theres was a get-out clause of course - stuff about "factors beyond our control"

The best advice I can give for timing is - avoid Christmas. My ship arrived Christmas week, but everything shuts down and gets backlogged - hence 2 months to shift the stuff through Customs. And the shippers can't be held responsible for that, unfortunately.
The 10 weeks was only verbal, but we were assured everytime we spoke to them.

We got a letter today from them, even though we packed our stuff up on 4th dec, it didnt leave the uk until 25 Jan..Annoyed aint the word now.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

zapprabbit is an unknown quantity at this point

DON't USE PICKFORDS
They will give you soo much stress, they are crap and will lie about your delivery.
We still haven't got are stuff and it's been in the country since January 5th All Lies Pickfords!