Wikiposts

Bl***dy Flies!!

Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bl***dy Flies!!

Originally Posted by bluekipper
I got told its the sand flies that make you feel ill and leave a sore lump aswell!

I agree I found Adelaide the worst for flies!

Bluekipper
I can testify to the sand fly lumps as I'm currently covered in them LOL. I think they're worse than mossie bites because they're intensely itchy AND painful. Apparerently the little blighters have spikes on their nose to pierce your skin, then they inject in a nice dollop of saliva to stop your blood from clotting so that they can get a blood meal pooled up really quick. Only the females bite - they need your protein to develop their eggs, charming. Anyway, the swollen lumps result because of your body's allergic reaction to their saliva.

There's a nice thought to savour...
Old Nov 9th 2008, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Ewwwwww

Suppose you cant have it all good living in sunshine

Bluekipper
Old Nov 9th 2008, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bluekipper
Ewwwwww

Suppose you cant have it all good living in sunshine

Bluekipper
bollocks to it.........i'm staying in skeggy!
Old Nov 9th 2008, 7:11 am
Banned

earlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really nice

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Does anyone have a sure fire way to repel flies? I have statred exercaising in the park (step into life) and there are swarms of them, the usual repellents seem to attract them! any ideas? cork hat? smear yourself in marmite...oops vegemite!!?
Yes.....go home to fresh clear air.....

Old Nov 9th 2008, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by earlswoody

http://www.old-picture.com/europe/pi...ngland-002.jpg
wow.......Mablethorpe looks great from that angle....
Old Nov 9th 2008, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bu1lder
wow.......Mablethorpe looks great from that angle....
or is that dartmouth?
Old Nov 9th 2008, 7:42 am
Banned

earlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really nice

or is that dartmouth?
Dartmouth
Old Nov 9th 2008, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

bluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nice

bollocks to it.........i'm staying in skeggy!
I have been to skeggy lots of times .. to the stock car racing ..no Stock car racing here in he sunshine coast yet.. maybe some enterprising person will set one up.. in a place where no one is disturbed by the noise obviously.. we have a go kart track.. maybe they could extend?
Old Nov 9th 2008, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

bluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nice

Originally Posted by emelems
I have rhesus neg blood group., so does that make me more susceptible to bites?. I think it has a lot to do with allergies though as I am allergic to Penicillin and sure am to these bites. . we installed a mozzie zapper to see if it would do the trick.. we have lots of pot plants in hanging baskets.., they get watered regularly.. Do you think the mossies will live in them.. my partner says as the water is renewed every few days they cannot live in them...You say that sand flies leave a bite mark..that has me wondering now if it is mozzies?? How can you tell for sure?
Old Nov 9th 2008, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Does anyone have a sure fire way to repel flies? I have statred exercaising in the park (step into life) and there are swarms of them, the usual repellents seem to attract them! any ideas? cork hat? smear yourself in marmite...oops vegemite!!?
I know of a very good way to stop them coming on your face,

Just shit yourself
Old Nov 9th 2008, 10:41 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by earlswoody
Absolutely ...

Old Nov 9th 2008, 11:34 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluebird121
I have rhesus neg blood group., so does that make me more susceptible to bites?. I think it has a lot to do with allergies though as I am allergic to Penicillin and sure am to these bites. . we installed a mozzie zapper to see if it would do the trick.. we have lots of pot plants in hanging baskets.., they get watered regularly.. Do you think the mossies will live in them.. my partner says as the water is renewed every few days they cannot live in them...You say that sand flies leave a bite mark..that has me wondering now if it is mozzies?? How can you tell for sure?
I don't think the negative blood group makes a difference because I am rhesus neg and I don't get bothered by them. Make sure you eat plenty of foods high in Vit B or take a supplement because apparently that helps.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 12:09 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Just been over to WA for a holiday and i'll admit the flies were bloody intense! they seemed to be everywhere and we all seemed to have a few buzzing around us (no shit jokes please)!

Dont seem to encounter them when walking around Brissie certainly not in the numbers around WA.

Originally Posted by Jambo
Where are the worst places for the flies. You haven't said where you are.

I'm trying to decide either Brisbane or Perth, would prefer Brisbane but am worried about the flies insets etc. Is it pretty bad?
Old Nov 9th 2008, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Shari68 will become famous soon enough

Been told that vitamin B works well for detering the beasts! not tried it yet though. We use tea tree oil on bites seem to work well stops the itching a bit. Also brought a bottle of Eurax lotion from UK works a treat as it sooths and stops itching quickly bit like calamine lotion. Would love to find an equivalent in Aus as just getting to end of bottle.

Shari
Old Nov 9th 2008, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

naomif is on a distinguished road

Eat vegemite/marmite daily, its high in vit b which keeps them away. Definately works for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.