Wikiposts

Bl***dy Flies!!

Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold
Default Bl***dy Flies!!

Does anyone have a sure fire way to repel flies? I have statred exercaising in the park (step into life) and there are swarms of them, the usual repellents seem to attract them! any ideas? cork hat? smear yourself in marmite...oops vegemite!!?
Old Nov 6th 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bl***dy Flies!!

They are a bloody nightmare. flatemate told me to try aerogaurd or something like that. havent yet though.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

I have just purchased some "Rid" in a pinkish spray bottle, someone here reckonsd its the only thing that works and she uses it for cricket, I will test Saturday morning and let you know!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Does anyone have a sure fire way to repel flies? I have statred exercaising in the park (step into life) and there are swarms of them, the usual repellents seem to attract them! any ideas? cork hat? smear yourself in marmite...oops vegemite!!?
You'll learn to ignore them in time . . . unless they're crawling into an orifice.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 2:28 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I have not really noticed them this year here in Perth. Last year was bad but this year the fly situation is much better.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

You'll learn to ignore them in time . . . unless they're crawling into an orifice.
believe me they were trying everything! horrible
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Mid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really nice

They dont seem to be that bad here in Brisbane yet but they can get bad.When they are at their worst they bring me out in a bad case of Tourettes especially if I'm trying to eat something outside
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

bluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nice

I seem keep on getting bitten so much by Mossies. At least I am sure it is , but the problem is that I am coming up in lumps.. They are so sore and itchy. I have antihistamine tablets with me from the Uk but do I take them every day whether I am bitten or not. ? I bought a cream called Rapaid. It does cool it down for a wee while ..
Any ideas on prevention? I have also got a tin of Rid, but I do worry about putting chemicals into my skin..
Last question. Can these bites make you feel ill? Thanks..
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate the buggers, I posted about it before but people just say you get used to them. 2 years on now and I still hate them !!

Makes you wonder what the point of having lovely sunshine is if you cannot go out and enjoy it.

Adelaide was much worse than perth I found, living in glenelg there used to be swarms of them in the summer always trying to get in your ear or up your nose
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

believe me they were trying everything! horrible
Try elastic bands around your short legs.

No, I'm not suggesting your legs are stumpy . . . we've never been introduced. I meant try elastic bands around the legs of your shorts.

Last edited by spartacus; Nov 6th 2008 at 3:54 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:19 pm
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

bleubird121 try toothpaste yes toothpaste on the bite it works after 10 minutes i swear the mozzies ove me the f****rs lol also there is a first aid cream called quartro (i think )its good numb`s it .
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:59 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Last year i had to walk down the street with bags of food etc as i had no car. One part of the street i swear the buggers used wait for me at one part. They would attack my ears etc and as i had my hands full of bags i could not swipe at em. Then i would get so fed up i would put the bags down and swipe at em. They would dissapear, then soon as i picked up my bags they were at me again. Sand flies i think they are. Aggressive little gits. Even cutting the grass they were terrible. I ended up putting a plastic bag around my head to keep them off. With a hat on to keep it in place. Must have looked a right nutter, but it worked. Thank god i don't have a garden in my new place.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 7:23 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by bluebird121
I seem keep on getting bitten so much by Mossies. At least I am sure it is , but the problem is that I am coming up in lumps.. They are so sore and itchy. I have antihistamine tablets with me from the Uk but do I take them every day whether I am bitten or not. ? I bought a cream called Rapaid. It does cool it down for a wee while ..
Any ideas on prevention? I have also got a tin of Rid, but I do worry about putting chemicals into my skin..
I get bit by Mozzies all the time. Apparentley it is the female mozzy that bites and go for blood type positive o.
My bites get really sore and turn into Hives. sore and itchy for weeks
They do carry diseases and can make you ill, so be careful. I have been told to take vitamin B tablets as they don't like the smell of them. Also use a repellent when out in hot weather, near water etc..
Old Nov 6th 2008, 7:36 pm
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

I was out at a fete last week and took the hat I use for work (legionare hat). It is blue baseball cap and not a fluroscent type so looks fine. It really helps as the flies are not buzzing down your ear.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bluebird121
i get bitten by mozzy's everytime i go out at dusk, if i have to go out & they get me i use stingose gel www.stingose.com.au problem gone in about 5mins, the first year in oz was bad, but when we got our own place i enclosed the complete patio with fly screen know we can sit outside for meals no flys,mozzy's ect

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.