Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bird flu How much media is this getting in UK

Bird flu How much media is this getting in UK

Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bird flu How much media is this getting in UK

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E2702,00.html

Found one of the few articles I have seen about bird flu here, its very aussie in content starting out with focusing on australia having invented the drug and being the first to produce it (amuses me no matter what it is we have to be first )

But it mentions in the UK there is mass panic and there has been an appeal for calm

Diddy asked yesterday how bad the panic was, dont think anyone answered, what is going on over there, surely with us being in asia pacific we are probably more at risk but the papers hardly mention it?
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:35 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bird flu How much media is this getting in UK

Originally Posted by jad n rich
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E2702,00.html

Found one of the few articles I have seen about bird flu here, its very aussie in content starting out with focusing on australia having invented the drug and being the first to produce it (amuses me no matter what it is we have to be first )

But it mentions in the UK there is mass panic and there has been an appeal for calm

Diddy asked yesterday how bad the panic was, dont think anyone answered, what is going on over there, surely with us being in asia pacific we are probably more at risk but the papers hardly mention it?
Its not as scary for the man in the street as when we were told by the media that we were about to run out of petrol !!!
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:53 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Its not as scary for the man in the street as when we were told by the media that we were about to run out of petrol !!!

I agree although media speculation on the implications is gathering pace.

I think they are trying to work us up into a frenzy
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Thats OK we are going to be THE FIRST (of course ) to run out of water!

Had to ask about the bird flu, had a vision of like it was on the gold coast in the sars virus scare, a lot of the asians visitors were wearing masks and gloves, we went to dreamworld it was pretty freaky for the kids with 20 people on the rollercoaster masked up like micheal jackson :scared:
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:59 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

The media tells us today, that the UK WILL be hit by the bird flu pandemic and 50,000 people WILL die.

Think that constitutes scare mongering
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
The media tells us today, that the UK WILL be hit by the bird flu pandemic and 50,000 people WILL die.

Its odd how the medias are so different, I think europe has one case in turkey, yet in aus we are close to several affected countires including indonesia which alone has several cases....

Yet all our media can do is try to claim gold on the tamiflu race
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:06 pm

Its odd how the medias are so different, I think europe has one case in turkey, yet in aus we are close to several affected countires including indonesia which alone has several cases....

Yet all our media can do is try to claim gold on the tamiflu race
I haven't had chance to read details in the newspaper today (had some very bad news this morning) but all I ever seem to hear about is the 50,000 people who WILL die. They forget to mention any kind of antidote or anything.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:08 pm

Oh, hold on. Just on BBC news that Britain is one of the best prepared countries to deal with it. That would be along with Oz then
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Official link for info - supplied by Qld emergency services

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/avian-influenza/

Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Official link for info - supplied by Qld emergency services

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/avian-influenza/

It still seems OZ is focusing on it as a bird problem, the human angle seems to be a bit out of date how does it affect humans was last updated in jan 2004 not sure I liked the ideal breeding conditions tho, warm humid 35 ... :scared:
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:41 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I know my old mum is in a right old state over this publicity about bird flu.

The media sure know how to panic the public.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It still seems OZ is focusing on it as a bird problem, the human angle seems to be a bit out of date how does it affect humans was last updated in jan 2004 not sure I liked the ideal breeding conditions tho, warm humid 35 ... :scared:
I've checked the bit about the date, as one of the guys spotted that - its just that page with the facts about the human stuff, which was updated then. Those facts are still pertinent, so haven't needed to be updated.
The site itself is updated just about daily - we are sent links to the new stuff.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:53 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry

Yeah thats just nuts I make it 49.999 people
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We are getting constant "don't panic, Mr Mannering" type rubbish. No one is (who lives in the real world anyway) just the media latching on to something they can churn up and run with for a few weeks. It's either that or the Conservative leader elections :scared: If you were a newspaper/TV news editor, which would you run with. No offence to the earthquake and all those affected by it, but that is just so yesterday's news

I really try and stay away from news if possible because it is all so much crap but some manages to seep through.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:12 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah thats just nuts I make it 49.999 people

No, apparantly its 47,495.3 people.

I think a couple of people must be cut in half to get it just right. :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.