Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Billy Connolly in Oz

Billy Connolly in Oz

Old Dec 21st 2002, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Billy Connolly in Oz

I'm set in for the night. UK Horizons showing the whole series of Billy Connolly on tour around Oz to around 2am in the morning. Seen it all before but me and my bottle of Jacobs Creek are very happy.

Mash..
Old Dec 21st 2002, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all
Default billy

i agree, must have seen these programmes ten times but always good and always raise a laugh and those blue skies!!
karen
Old Dec 22nd 2002, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Billy Connolly in Oz

Originally posted by mashiraz
I'm set in for the night. UK Horizons showing the whole series of Billy Connolly on tour around Oz to around 2am in the morning. Seen it all before but me and my bottle of Jacobs Creek are very happy.

Mash..
Hi there,

It's Sunday morning and just back in from night shift. Busy night and head is still buzzing so I thought I'd have a look.

How was Billy and more to the point how was Jacob!

Hope all's well.

Ginny
Old Dec 22nd 2002, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Jacob is empty!. I got a sore head this morning and shattered.

The one quote I'll remember from Billy was about Newcastle in NSW.

He said 'It's supposed to be rough around here, however you have to remember this is paradise, so rough in paradise, is not same as rough anywhere else'

Thought for the day!

Mash...

Originally posted by Ginny
Hi there,

It's Sunday morning and just back in from night shift. Busy night and head is still buzzing so I thought I'd have a look.

How was Billy and more to the point how was Jacob!

Hope all's well.

Ginny
Old Dec 23rd 2002, 4:45 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by mashiraz
Jacob is empty!. I got a sore head this morning and shattered.

The one quote I'll remember from Billy was about Newcastle in NSW.

He said 'It's supposed to be rough around here, however you have to remember this is paradise, so rough in paradise, is not same as rough anywhere else'

Thought for the day!

Mash...
I loved Newcastle but I'm rough , no seriously I lived there for a year prior to moving to Brisbane and the people are friendly and down to earth. The beaches and countryside around the area are stunning especially Nelson bay/port stephens way.

I think if it's the same show I watched ages ago, he was doing a spot of salmon (Aussie Salmon) fishing off Stockton Beach there.. which is in Newcastle and it runs up to Port Stephens (the Beach) miles long, used to fish the place myself. But yes , Newcastle is my type of place, down to earth, and friendly with stunning countryside outside the town.

cheers
Old Dec 23rd 2002, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice

Originally posted by Ceri
I loved Newcastle but I'm rough , no seriously I lived there for a year prior to moving to Brisbane and the people are friendly and down to earth. The beaches and countryside around the area are stunning especially Nelson bay/port stephens way.

I think if it's the same show I watched ages ago, he was doing a spot of salmon (Aussie Salmon) fishing off Stockton Beach there.. which is in Newcastle and it runs up to Port Stephens (the Beach) miles long, used to fish the place myself. But yes , Newcastle is my type of place, down to earth, and friendly with stunning countryside outside the town.

cheers
I grew up in the Newcastle area and am now returning in Aug 2003 after 20 years in the UK. I can't wait to go 'home'. Watched the show ages ago and recorded the bit on Stockton beach - just kept watching it over and over - I think hubby finally got the hint and we got the go ahead from AHC 2 weeks ago. Hope to live out on Lake Macquarie so we can sail but still be not too far from the beach at the same time. It's nice to hear someone say something nice about Newcastle as it is a little known fact what a great place it is. Everyone thinks its just a big ex-industrial town (which it is) but it has heaps more to offer as well. We fortunately have the benefit of having family and friends still there so the transition for my family should be relatively easy.
Where abouts in Newcastle did you live?
Old Dec 23rd 2002, 9:28 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Macquarie
I grew up in the Newcastle area and am now returning in Aug 2003 after 20 years in the UK. I can't wait to go 'home'. Watched the show ages ago and recorded the bit on Stockton beach - just kept watching it over and over - I think hubby finally got the hint and we got the go ahead from AHC 2 weeks ago. Hope to live out on Lake Macquarie so we can sail but still be not too far from the beach at the same time. It's nice to hear someone say something nice about Newcastle as it is a little known fact what a great place it is. Everyone thinks its just a big ex-industrial town (which it is) but it has heaps more to offer as well. We fortunately have the benefit of having family and friends still there so the transition for my family should be relatively easy.
Where abouts in Newcastle did you live?
[/QUOTE

Yes, Lake maquarie parts of it are nearly nice, I used to fish near wangi sometimes , through the national park bit (don't know if I spelt wangi right)... very peaceful. And Port Stephens, if you take a walk over to Stephens Island I think it was called (or is it Broughton island), you can get to the island by wading over the sandbank at low tide, it's very peaceful because it's a bit of a walk. I found Newcastle and surrounding areas no where near as rushed or packed in as Brisbane. Between the two I would rather much live in Newcastle any day.

I was renting at Cardiff .If I had stayed there, I think I would have bought around the Swansea area, or near to Catho (Catherine hills Bay).
I did like Newcastle and like you said people do not realise how beautiful the area is around there. It's not just the beauty, I found the people very likeable too, down to earth.
I much preferred Newcastle to Brisbane, perhaps because it was an industrial town that could be one of the reasons for the people being down to earth. But saying that, they do have a bit of a drug problem there at the moment.

cheers