Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Biggest Miseries - Australian's or Brit's???

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Who do you reckon are the biggest moaners?
The Whinging Poms!
55.68%
The Bludging Aussies!
44.32%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

The Biggest Miseries - Australian's or Brit's???

Old Feb 5th 2005, 3:32 am
Merlot

Default Re: The Biggest Miseries - Australian's or Brit's???

Originally Posted by wombat42
Bad luck he can't do more of his previous funny quality posts like the ones
below.

THE GREAT ESCAPE: Returning home to the UK from OZ.
Click the link below
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218365

FAR,FAR,FAR, AWAY
Click the link below.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272254
Bloody hell, what is happening with the world :scared: , I am in agreement with wombat42 :scared: :scared:

M

Old Feb 5th 2005, 8:08 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
Anya,

I, for one, am extremely offended by your assertion that I was using 'GAY' as a term of abuse. If you bother to examine the context, you will plainly see it is used to underline wombat42's thinly-disguised homophobia.

Political correctness is one thing, jumping to a ridiculous conclusion is another.

BTW, why not pick-up on the term 'Lard Boy'? That was intended to be offensive.

Next time, please engage your brain before typing.
I see you have now edited out the offending words from your post to Wombat.

Clearly my comment about how the intellectual circles in which you claim to move are gay-friendly struck a chord with your ego. A shame you couldn't just do the decent thing & apologise.

I know you think we are all stupid, but FYI, you aren't the only one round here with an Oxbridge degree - it's just that most of us aren't insecure enough to keep on swanking about it. We all know you are as prejudiced as hell - against *all* categories of people, not just gays!

Anya.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 9:16 am
wombat42

Originally Posted by anya4oz

Clearly my comment about how the intellectual circles in which you claim to move are gay-friendly struck a chord with your ego. A shame you couldn't just do the decent thing & apologise.

Anya.
l would like a formal apology now Stanton.

Old Feb 5th 2005, 10:20 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Anya.
Hi Anya,

It was probably the Mods that removed the offending line. I think you only have a limited amount of time to edit a post.

Regards
Alistair
Old Feb 5th 2005, 7:39 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wombat42
l would like a formal apology now Stanton.
*No-one* should apologise to you, Wombat, you are another of the pernicious homophobes that infect this forum.

Anya.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 8:24 pm
wombat42

*No-one* should apologise to you, Wombat, you are another of the pernicious homophobes that infect this forum.

Anya.
Your the one that said he should apologise to be.

Old Feb 5th 2005, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

As I approach the gallows and the toothless hags knit, I note the following for the record...

Nope, not me. Must have been the mod. Like you, he/she must have decided to delete the reference without understanding the context.

Clearly my comment about how the intellectual circles in which you claim to move are gay-friendly struck a chord with your ego.
Again, not so. Intellectual circles? Perhaps you would like to point out the post(s) where I make such a claim. Or are you referring to this forum as an intellectual circle?

A shame you couldn't just do the decent thing & apologise.
For what? For you and your prejudice? Ahh, the irony...

I know you think we are all stupid, but FYI, you aren't the only one round here with an Oxbridge degree - it's just that most of us aren't insecure enough to keep on swanking about it.
I respond to stupid and ill-informed comments. Those that wish to converse continually on the price of lettuce, shoes, breast size (insecure?) are free to do so. As for the Oxbridge thing; I mentioned it once. If you bother to review the posts, you will see it was actually the insecure ramblings of others, eg wombat42, quinkana, odaat, OzTennis that kept the subject alive. But, please don't let facts get in the way of your rant.

We all know you are as prejudiced as hell - against *all* categories of people, not just gays!
I dislike those that are narrow-minded, can't be bothered to find out the facts and many Daily Mail readers. Whether you like it or not, many Aussies are narrow-minded and parochial. You seem to fit the first 2 categories. Or do you score a hat-trick?

Anya, the prejudice lies within you.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 8:46 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

As I approach the gallows and the toothless hags knit, I note the following for the record...

Nope, not me. Must have been the mod. Like you, he/she must have decided to delete the reference without understanding the context.

Again, not so. Intellectual circles? Perhaps you would like to point out the post(s) where I make such a claim. Or are you referring to this forum as an intellectual circle?

I respond to stupid and ill-informed comments. Those that wish to converse continually on the price of lettuce, shoes, breast size (insecure?) are free to do so. As for the Oxbridge thing; I mentioned it once. If you bother to review the posts, you will see it was actually the insecure ramblings of others, eg wombat42, quinkana, odaat, OzTennis that kept the subject alive. But, please don't let facts get in the way of your rant.

I dislike those that are narrow-minded, can't be bothered to find out the facts and many Daily Mail readers. Whether you like it or not, many Aussies are narrow-minded and parochial. You seem to fit the first 2 categories. Or do you score a hat-trick?

Funny how many foibles Aussies share with humans and even with the Stantons.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 9:08 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by Quinkana
Funny how many foibles Aussies share with humans and even with the Stantons.
" The Stantons" You mean theres more then one of them. :scared: :scared:

Old Feb 5th 2005, 10:24 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

I think your post confirms what I - and many others - have thought about you all along. You have nothing to offer this forum apart from hatred, bitterness and spite. Why don't you just do the decent thing and quit?

Anya.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 11:00 pm
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

Maybe we could all chip in and buy him a razor?
Old Feb 6th 2005, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Sophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura about

Hmm this started off as being quite interesting until it degenerated in to some sort of slinging match....

Well, I haven't been to Oz, so I can't really comment there, but I don't consider the Brits that are around me to be particularly miserable or pessimistic people. I would describe myself as a very happy and optimistic person, and I think most of my friends are too. I normally filter out any moaning or whinging around me, as I think it is a bit more of a habit/ bonding thing that some people do than a genuine pessimistic thing.

Completely agree with whoever it was (sorry - can't remember now) that said it's all down to the people not the country. You get happy circles of people and negative circles.

Sophie
Old Feb 6th 2005, 2:16 am
Merlot

Hi Sophie Louise

This is the occupational hazard of posting a question that I have, I too enjoyed reading experiences as that is why I asked question.

I did not put it up to start world war 3 or a point scoring session with those with chips on their shoulders. I want to hear how other people see things.

For those that are in hot debate with each other it could be the time you speak to each other via PM and for those to share experiences to get back posting.

M

Old Feb 6th 2005, 7:10 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally Posted by Merlot
Hi Sophie Louise

This is the occupational hazard of posting a question that I have, I too enjoyed reading experiences as that is why I asked question.

I did not put it up to start world war 3 or a point scoring session with those with chips on their shoulders. I want to hear how other people see things.

For those that are in hot debate with each other it could be the time you speak to each other via PM and for those to share experiences to get back posting.

M
I totally agree. There is at least one person here who simply can't resist wading into threads, offending people & spreading their own brand of spite Merlot, I apologise if I have upset *you* in any way - you asked an interesting question, which deserves a lot more examination and debate.

As far as the OP is concerned, I would say customer service is *much* better here in, say, 80% of cases. In the remaining 20%, it is dire, but I would guess that in those cases, it is more due to the person's personality than any national characteristics.

I think people in customer service roles here take more of a pride in working with the public; perhaps it is seen as more of a 'career choice' here, than in the UK, where (as I said in a previous post) many types of customer-focused roles are considered the 'last resort' for the desperate.

Interestingly, I have consistently found customer service in Scotland to be of a much higher standard then in the rest of the UK (I wonder, does OzTennis agree with that?). Perhaps there is simply some English snobbery about what are considered 'menial jobs'?

Anya.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 7:18 am
Merlot

I totally agree. There is at least one person here who simply can't resist wading into threads, offending people & spreading their own brand of spite Merlot, I apologise if I have upset *you* in any way - you asked an interesting question, which deserves a lot more examination and debate.

Anya.
Anya, never my dear, you are one of those that speaks sense Keep posting!

I was thinking more of the usual suspects.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.