Reload this Page >

Beware the imminent housing bubble

Beware the imminent housing bubble

Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:13 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Beware the imminent housing bubble

Originally Posted by Robbie37Michelle32
It seems everyone thinks the Bubble will never pop in Australia and will continue to grow and grow and be the biggest bestest bubble ever.

Soon people wont be able to afford a shed over there or Australia will be full of Millionaires

Lets Hope Australia the Lucky country sorts its self out before it goes snap crackle and POP
Or until i get there get myself a cheap place then ill be happy i want a 10 bed house on the beach with 10acres please
we already cant afford a shed (well we could, but then couldnt afford to live)
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Robbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Margaret3
we already cant afford a shed (well we could, but then couldnt afford to live)
Oh noooooooooooo that means we will never move now lol What to do ahhhhhhhhhhhhh tent me thinks
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:19 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

We live int shoe box int middle of road. Cost $78,000
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Robbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
We live int shoe box int middle of road. Cost $78,000
Do you think i would be ok with the shoe box and some beer each month could i live still ohhhhhhhhhhhh i am so scared of what to do
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:26 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think i would be ok with the shoe box and some beer each month could i live still ohhhhhhhhhhhh i am so scared of what to do
Go for it. I think most of us had next to nothing at some point in our lives. I would say that making a go of it here is easier than the UK. Other's will disagree.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

I so agree with what you are saying,i dont think you can live yourlife waiting for the right moment to move or buy or sell ect

We will be moving to the GC in April after waiting for such a longtime,we had sold our house well thought we had at such a good time the rate was 2.60 but it fell through then the market went tits and now we have sold and the rate is not so good but hey we are still coming over.

Will the bubble go who knows if i did i would be bloody rich thats for sure
Old Feb 14th 2011, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Will the bubble go who knows if i did i would be bloody rich thats for sure
Be careful what you wish for. If the bubble does burst Aus will be an unpleasant place to be for a while. It's hard to know the ramifications of that huge chunk of the economy disappearing but it's unlikely to be pleasant for too many.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

wilf70 will become famous soon enoughwilf70 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Beware the imminent housing bubble

If you wish to read a very interesting analysis on the housing bubble in Oz;google macrobusiness superblog and then read the article headed 'another troubling bargain'.This is a well worthwhile site for australian economic and financial matters
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

It seems everyone thinks the Bubble will never pop in Australia and will continue to grow and grow and be the biggest bestest bubble ever.

Soon people wont be able to afford a shed over there or Australia will be full of Millionaires

Lets Hope Australia the Lucky country sorts its self out before it goes snap crackle and POP
Or until i get there get myself a cheap place then ill be happy i want a 10 bed house on the beach with 10acres please
I think everyone's currently tired of talking about it, I am for the moment.

Plenty of people think there is no bubble and that prices will rise steadily or stabilise. Plenty of others think they're due a significant fall. No-one knows for sure and anyone who thinks they can accurately predict a timeline will either be wrong or be lucky-guessing. There are heaps of threads on it going back quite a while.

Once there's more news one way or the other I'm sure there'll be more discussion.

You pays your money (or not) and takes your chances.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebo
I think everyone's currently tired of talking about it, I am for the moment.

Plenty of people think there is no bubble and that prices will rise steadily or stabilise. Plenty of others think they're due a significant fall. No-one knows for sure and anyone who thinks they can accurately predict a timeline will either be wrong or be lucky-guessing. There are heaps of threads on it going back quite a while.

Once there's more news one way or the other I'm sure there'll be more discussion.

You pays your money (or not) and takes your chances.
True. I remember people in the UK who in 2007 said house prices would never fall.

House prices are as unsustainable in Australia as they were in the USA and the UK.

My friend bought a house in the North of England in 2006 for £145,000. The same houses as his on the same street are now on the market for £105,000 and not selling at that price. He is in negative equity but doesn't want to move / sell anyway so not so much of an issue I guess.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jon77
My friend bought a house in the North of England in 2006 for £145,000. The same houses as his on the same street are now on the market for £105,000 and not selling at that price. He is in negative equity but doesn't want to move / sell anyway so not so much of an issue I guess.
Except that he now has less disposable income than his neighbours who buy at GBP 105,000.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

gere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jon77
House prices are as unsustainable in Australia as they were in the USA and the UK.
Australia will not escape prices correction. It is a matter of time but it will happen. What goes up must come down.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2009
Except that he now has less disposable income than his neighbours who buy at GBP 105,000.
His mate will have a Ben Sherman shirt - he will have to be content with M&S...

The anger will breed within...one day he will snap...
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
His mate will have a Ben Sherman shirt - he will have to be content with M&S...

The anger will breed within...one day he will snap...
There are better outlets for disposable income, like...
private healthcare
private education
safeguarding parents retirement
safeguarding own retirement
own further education
etc etc.

Much better than keeping your bank manager in sharp suits and $40 lunches.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2009
There are better outlets for disposable income, like...
private healthcare
private education
safeguarding parents retirement
safeguarding own retirement
own further education
etc etc.

Much better than keeping your bank manager in sharp suits and $40 lunches.
Indeed. I hope he is in agreement with you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.