Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best & Worst Removal Companies

View Poll Results: How does your removal company rate?
Best: Britannia?
8.70%
Best: Excess Removals?
0%
Best: AngloPacfic?
8.70%
Best: Fox Removal?
4.35%
Best: John Mason?
8.70%
Best: PSS?
26.09%
Best: Avalon
0%
Worst: Britannia?
4.35%
Worst: Excess Removal?
0%
Worst: AngloPacific?
0%
Worst: Fox Removal?
0%
Worst: John Mason?
0%
Worst: PSS?
4.35%
Worst: Avalon
13.04%
Best or worst: other (add post below)
21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Best & Worst Removal Companies

Old Sep 30th 2003, 3:17 pm
NZ 2004 ... Inshallah

robernelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Best & Worst Removal Companies

How about a vote on best and worst companies. If you rated your shipping company, even if you have not completed the move let us know. If they suck, then warn us off. I haven't used any yet so top three will be getting a call from me.

Rob

Last edited by robernelli; Sep 30th 2003 at 3:25 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2003, 4:13 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default Re: Best & Worst Removal Companies

Originally posted by robernelli
How about a vote on best and worst companies. If you rated your shipping company, even if you have not completed the move let us know. If they suck, then warn us off. I haven't used any yet so top three will be getting a call from me.

Rob

You left off Bishops move who I thought were 2nd best
Old Sep 30th 2003, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I will be interested to see the results to this one.

Pss are slightly cheaper than John Masons, but seriously under estimated the volume compared to the other 4 who all said the same amount.
Old Sep 30th 2003, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

I would vote Doree Bonner best (not on list) as used them before successfully to move to Oz.

This time around Excess International are doing our move and seem fine so far.
Old Sep 30th 2003, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Britt collected our stuff 2 weeks ago,I did 5yrs on removals for a small company.I watched these lads very closely and I must say very proffesional,office people likewise,thus far
Old Oct 1st 2003, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

What about Crown? They were excellent for us.

Gill
Old Oct 1st 2003, 7:01 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by yafm
You left off Bishops move who I thought were 2nd best
With respect, how do you know? or are you judging them on the shininess of the salesman's suit.

We used them and they were shit, it took 3 months for our stuff to get here.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 7:07 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Seven Seas were a shocker for me. Do not use. Anyone using megatop as an agent in Oz do not use. Do a search for both and you will see why.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 1:09 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by renth
With respect, how do you know? or are you judging them on the shininess of the salesman's suit.

We used them and they were shit, it took 3 months for our stuff to get here.

OK OK so yoou used one of their depots and were unhappy but I am not so shallow as to go by a shiny suit I looked hard at their quote and their professionalism from the local depot and were quite happy but I tought PSS were better so that was my choice
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 1:10 pm
NZ 2004 ... Inshallah

Count so far....PSS seem to be winning and Avalon last but we could do with a few more votes to get something a little more scientifically sound

Rob
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 1:15 pm
Life's a beach

St George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really nice

Count so far....PSS seem to be winning and Avalon last but we could do with a few more votes to get something a little more scientifically sound

Rob
Hi Rob,
We are using EMS HANSARD, based in Hythe near Dover. Very good, no better excellent. In fact I will use this plug as a leaver to get some money off.

cheers Kev.

P.S have you made up your mind on Wellington.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 1:35 pm
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to see PSS are winning so far, as they have packed all our stuff and put into storage for a few months until we get out there and get settled.

Will post our opinions of them when we see the stuff at the other end! As MM has said: They're only as good as their packers at the end of the day.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Rob
Hi Rob

This is a great idea but a bit meaningless due to the list of removers being way to short, with some key players missing!!!

This is something probably everyone on this site would like to know the result of, but must be done with all the companies included don't you think!?

Regards, Booboo's hubby, Nick.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 12:08 pm
NZ 2004 ... Inshallah

Originally posted by booboo
Hi Rob

This is a great idea but a bit meaningless due to the list of removers being way to short, with some key players missing!!!

This is something probably everyone on this site would like to know the result of, but must be done with all the companies included don't you think!?

Regards, Booboo's hubby, Nick.
My apologies if the list is too short but they only allowed so many entries. I thourght I covered the main ones though but obviously not.

St George Six - still inlimbo re Wellington, waiting to here. Quite hopefull by end of next week. If so will quickly get some flights booked to check it out. Cheers.

Rob
Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:43 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

We used a local company Goodwins Removals they are the only approved company in our area. Total cost £460 for 10 very heavy boxes totaling 60cft. They use John Masons as shippers, who co-incidentally couldn't be bothered to come out for such a small quantity and quoted £100+ for each box over the phone. Lowest quote was for £450 from a chesterfield shipping company but they were busy for a couple of weeks. Excess Baggage wanted £815 for sea freight door to door. Foxes wanted £850 as well.
Sean