Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removers are Here

Removers are Here

Old Oct 9th 2003, 8:18 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Removers are Here

Not been on the forum for a few days as the PC got packed away and this one took a lot more sorting than I thought it would [remember when everyone thought a Pentium 400 with 56meg of ram was the dogs doodies] Anyway it functions now albeit with the speed of a sloth.
The removers have just arrived to collect our small shipment [10 boxes] for which they charged us £460 door to door. The sale of the house is still dragging we're only waiting for the buyers to get official confirmation of their mortgage and we can exchange and complete very quickly so they tell me
My folks are back in Queensland and supervising the building of our new home at this moment it has the timber frame up and the roof trusses fitted. No bricks have been laid yet but there are 14 packs all ready for the brickies. The old man reckons they're gonna wait for me as brickies are is such short supply.
Reminds me must reply to that other thread now :lecture:
Sean
Old Oct 9th 2003, 8:24 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removers are Here

Originally posted by cresta57
Not been on the forum for a few days as the PC got packed away and this one took a lot more sorting than I thought it would [remember when everyone thought a Pentium 400 with 56meg of ram was the dogs doodies] Anyway it functions now albeit with the speed of a sloth.
The removers have just arrived to collect our small shipment [10 boxes] for which they charged us £460 door to door. The sale of the house is still dragging we're only waiting for the buyers to get official confirmation of their mortgage and we can exchange and complete very quickly so they tell me
My folks are back in Queensland and supervising the building of our new home at this moment it has the timber frame up and the roof trusses fitted. No bricks have been laid yet but there are 14 packs all ready for the brickies. The old man reckons they're gonna wait for me as brickies are is such short supply.
Sean
Hi Sean,

WHich company did you use for shipping? We're going to have about 10 boxes to shift, and £460 door to door isn't a bad quote...
Old Oct 9th 2003, 8:43 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

WHich company did you use for shipping? We're going to have about 10 boxes to shift, and £460 door to door isn't a bad quote... [/QUOTE]

Hi Bundy
Just used a local removal firm, they apparently use John Mason's who we have heard some good and bad reports on oh hum!!! Only sending Sean's tools and couple of personal bits.
Debbie
Old Oct 9th 2003, 8:45 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck guys, keep in touch
Hevs xx
Old Oct 9th 2003, 8:46 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

WHich company did you use for shipping? We're going to have about 10 boxes to shift, and £460 door to door isn't a bad quote...
Hi Bundy
Just used a local removal firm, they apparently use John Mason's who we have heard some good and bad reports on oh hum!!! Only sending Sean's tools and couple of personal bits.
Debbie [/QUOTE]

Yep, John Mason does keep popping up...interesting. They gave me a pretty good quote too. Like you, we're only taking the minimum of clothes, photo albums, CDs and crap. The bulk of it will be a mini-library of books which I can't part with and may need in the future.

Good luck with the move!
Old Oct 9th 2003, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Sean
Hi Sean & Debbie
best of luck with the move and settling in on the other side!
see you over there next year, definately keep in touch as we'll need a brickie!
regards
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Oct 9th 2003, 11:49 am

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hi Sean & Debbie
best of luck with the move and settling in on the other side!
see you over there next year, definately keep in touch as we'll need a brickie!
regards
rach, mark and chanelle
Thanx for that Rach.
We are all soooooooo excited
Old Oct 9th 2003, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanx for that Rach.
We are all soooooooo excited

I bet you are, can't wait to be at your stage! any nerves yet? or just pure excitement!!!!!!
best of luck always
rach
Old Oct 9th 2003, 12:07 pm

Originally posted by nosuchluck
I bet you are, can't wait to be at your stage! any nerves yet? or just pure excitement!!!!!!
best of luck always
rach
Have been living on adrenalin for so long. Now that the boxes have gone I feel as though someone has thrown a bucket of cold water at me. I'm busy trying to arrange flights but as we still don't have a completion date I am finding it very frustrating, that and the fact that some airlines want £1000 + for a one way flight

I know that we are making the right move but have butterflies and am boarding on tears on permanent basis. Keep telling the kids to think of it as an adventure but Enid Blyton didn't write this one so I'm not sure about the ending it's not like I can skip to the back of the book to find out if everything will be ok.
Now I'm waffling and have to be at work soon
Debbie
Old Oct 9th 2003, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have been living on adrenalin for so long. Now that the boxes have gone I feel as though someone has thrown a bucket of cold water at me. I'm busy trying to arrange flights but as we still don't have a completion date I am finding it very frustrating, that and the fact that some airlines want £1000 + for a one way flight

I know that we are making the right move but have butterflies and am boarding on tears on permanent basis. Keep telling the kids to think of it as an adventure but Enid Blyton didn't write this one so I'm not sure about the ending it's not like I can skip to the back of the book to find out if everything will be ok.
Now I'm waffling and have to be at work soon
Debbie
Hi Debbie
what a lovely reply, thats what i want to feel like when im at your stage!
wising you the very very best of wishes,
keep in touch
rach
Old Oct 9th 2003, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Sean & Debbie

Best of luck to you all for your new lives in OZ.

footie chick