Best Wine

Old Sep 17th 2011, 8:49 am
Just Joined

MiekeNL will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Best Wine

Originally Posted by paddyo
Not sure how you make that statement, I have drunk good reds from almost every good wine producing country, have toured France, South Africa and Aussie vineyards and there is no way I would come up with such an uneducated statement like you did! Thats uneducated as in wine tasting rather then general education by the way!! But..........
I couldnt agree with your more!
Old Sep 17th 2011, 2:42 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthbum
Haaa, that's the wine snob in you coming out, if you read many wine experts views on French red's you will find that most agree that are very overrated and expensive except for the real expensive stuff (and even those sometimes), they are usually thin, and lacking in body.
I just find them vastly overrated.
Mate, I have drunk wine from boxes and bottles and cups...a wine snob I am NOT!! lol I will drink anything when and where I need to but when I have a choice thehn why not use that choice to sample.
I really am not aure why you seem to think that just because I have sampled some fabulous French red wines that a) you think that I am a wine snob and b) that French red wines are crap...its quite a bizarre assumption!
The OP's question was asking what was our favorite, I gave mine but for some reason you seem to have taken offence and now denegrated all french red wines.
I drink aussie red wine, ahem a lot!!, but my favorite still is the Chatauneuf de pape, just my preference old chap and it seems I am not alone!
Old Sep 17th 2011, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

MiekeNL will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by paddyo
Mate, I have drunk wine from boxes and bottles and cups...a wine snob I am NOT!! lol I will drink anything when and where I need to but when I have a choice thehn why not use that choice to sample.
I really am not aure why you seem to think that just because I have sampled some fabulous French red wines that a) you think that I am a wine snob and b) that French red wines are crap...its quite a bizarre assumption!
The OP's question was asking what was our favorite, I gave mine but for some reason you seem to have taken offence and now denegrated all french red wines.
I drink aussie red wine, ahem a lot!!, but my favorite still is the Chatauneuf de pape, just my preference old chap and it seems I am not alone!

Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Grenache noir is an excellent wine, I used to buy it in Aldi in France for a very good price.
White Châteauneuf-du-Pape is also nice when I have had it on the rare occasion.
I had a SA wine imported thro a NZ company which was so similar to port it was ecellent. No snobbery here either
Old Sep 17th 2011, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Will try and get a bottle, been on the wine route Stellenbosch paarl etc, is that area the most stunning are in the world
Yep sure is stunningly beautiful there.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 3:38 am
UK migrant now in Oz

jorgon will become famous soon enough

They are usually thin, and lacking in body.
Some cheaper French wines may be, yes. But you have to bear in mind that it is traditional in France to drink wine on all occasions not just with meals, so it is a good idea to have it this way. And when you drink this "regional" type wine with the food from the area too, they are a perfect mix.
Personally I am quite happy with a lighter style wine - on the correct occasion. I have noticed that in Australia these are also becoming more popular too.
In my opinion wine does not have to be full bodied to be enjoyable.