Best Wine

Old Sep 14th 2011, 9:55 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Wine

Originally Posted by paddyo
Chateuneuf de Pape, from the same named region in France. A beautiful full bodied red, well known and can be expensive...but not if you shop at Costco!! $21 a bottle in Costco, Aubrun, NSW!!
But which Chateau Neuf de Pape? As you says its a region, so saying you like is saying I like champagne. There is chateau neuf and there is chateau neuf and some, as you say, are $$$$$$$
Old Sep 14th 2011, 10:31 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
But which Chateau Neuf de Pape? As you says its a region, so saying you like is saying I like champagne. There is chateau neuf and there is chateau neuf and some, as you say, are $$$$$$$
I'll check the label, but I have never yet had a bad bottle of the stuff and it doesn't get a good reputation for nothing.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

vauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond repute

Selvapiana Chianti Rufine, saw a 1992 I think - apparently about 12 pounds a bottle in the UK.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 10:27 am
UK migrant now in Oz

jorgon will become famous soon enough

Don't forget to try the cleanskins.
The dearer the better.
It's pot luck, but you can end up drinking a wine you couldn't otherwise afford.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

Just necking a delightful box of Coolabah 'Dolce Rosso' probably this years vintage, but hey i am no wine nut
Old Sep 16th 2011, 1:14 pm
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

South African Shiraz is my favorite, I like most Aussie wines. think French wines are crap and very overrated by wine snobs.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 9:44 pm
UK migrant now in Oz

jorgon will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Perthbum
I think French wines are crap and very overrated by wine snobs.
Which ones have you tried?
Old Sep 16th 2011, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

South African Shiraz is my favorite, I like most Aussie wines. think French wines are crap and very overrated by wine snobs.
Nederburg Baronne is my fave S.A. red. Try it if you can find it here.

$6 in S.A. - $18.50 in Oz.

http://www.africashop.com.au/shop/in...productId=1248

Last edited by Alfresco; Sep 16th 2011 at 10:47 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 1:47 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Well if thats not a defensive statement I don't know what is. What is a wine snob exactly and why do you think that ALL French wines are crap?? Irrespective of your taste in wines and favoritism for particular region or country their is no denying that some French wines are superb, but, like ALL countries some are not up to the mark.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 2:34 am
Just Joined

MiekeNL will become famous soon enough

rofl: what a strange statement to make
Old Sep 17th 2011, 7:03 am
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jorgon
Which ones have you tried?
Loads, never had a decent red yet compared to South African and Aussie reds, it is a myth that France does good reds, give me a Rioja from Spain a Shiraz from S.Africa any day.
That's not to say that some French white wines aren't good, because there are some, but for the most part, they need some work.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 7:06 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Nederburg Baronne is my fave S.A. red. Try it if you can find it here.

$6 in S.A. - $18.50 in Oz.

http://www.africashop.com.au/shop/in...productId=1248
Will try and get a bottle, been on the wine route Stellenbosch paarl etc, is that area the most stunning are in the world
Old Sep 17th 2011, 7:14 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Loads, never had a decent red yet compared to South African and Aussie reds, it is a myth that France does good reds, give me a Rioja from Spain a Shiraz from S.Africa any day.
That's not to say that some French white wines aren't good, because there are some, but for the most part, they need some work.
Not sure how you make that statement, I have drunk good reds from almost every good wine producing country, have toured France, South Africa and Aussie vineyards and there is no way I would come up with such an uneducated statement like you did! Thats uneducated as in wine tasting rather then general education by the way!! But..........
Old Sep 17th 2011, 7:37 am
Banned

Originally Posted by paddyo
Not sure how you make that statement, I have drunk good reds from almost every good wine producing country, have toured France, South Africa and Aussie vineyards and there is no way I would come up with such an uneducated statement like you did! Thats uneducated as in wine tasting rather then general education by the way!! But..........
Haaa, that's the wine snob in you coming out, if you read many wine experts views on French red's you will find that most agree that are very overrated and expensive except for the real expensive stuff (and even those sometimes), they are usually thin, and lacking in body.
I just find them vastly overrated.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 8:48 am
Just Joined

MiekeNL will become famous soon enough

Haaa, that's the wine snob in you coming out, if you read many wine experts views on French red's you will find that most agree that are very overrated and expensive except for the real expensive stuff (and even those sometimes), they are usually thin, and lacking in body.
I just find them vastly overrated.
I think most wine growers will have some exceptionally good wine. Whether it agrees with your palate or not is another thing, but seriously writing it off shows ignorance imo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.