Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best way to fly from Ireland to Adelaide?

Best way to fly from Ireland to Adelaide?

Old Apr 26th 2008, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Shanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really nice
Default Best way to fly from Ireland to Adelaide?

Hi all
Just want to know if any of you have ideas on the best route to adelaide from ireland we have 3 small children to consider.
Tom
Old Apr 26th 2008, 8:49 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best way to fly from Ireland to Adelaide?

Originally Posted by Shanaghy
Hi all
Just want to know if any of you have ideas on the best route to adelaide from ireland we have 3 small children to consider.
Tom
Hello we are traveling to Brisbane with 3 small children as soon as we book tickets next week
so interested to see what other recommend
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:25 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

singapore airlines flies direct from manchester to singapore then to adelaide. We have a 12 hour gap between our flight into singapore and flying out to adelaide so have booked the airport transfer hotel quite resonable around £35 per 6 hour slot hope this helps (i think manchester is 1 hour flight from dublin)
Old Apr 26th 2008, 11:39 pm
I'm really a monkey!

Normal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shanaghy
Hi all
Tom
Ferry to Fishguard then train to London. Hop on the tube to Victoria where you can pick up a new bus service London to Sydney (yes, this does exist). Then save a bit of time and catch an internal flight. What an experience! The kids will love it. Seriously, we have visited a few times and tend to favour via Schipol Amsterdam and connect Kuala Lumpor. Schipol is a great airport and for us a lot less hassle than a UK airport.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Just wondering if anyone had any problems with Aerlingus regarding the extra baggage allowance from Ireland to the UK? I can see aerlingus trying to charge us a bomb for our extra baggage.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Lettik is an unknown quantity at this point

Shanaghy: when are you going to Adelaide? where you settling? etc....I'm nervous bout the move!! Got a teenage daughter to consider also. We are probably going later this year. A bit confused as to where "good" areas to live are, what schools, etc.

Also looking for best route from Ireland to Adelaide...
Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:01 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baby75
Hello we are traveling to Brisbane with 3 small children as soon as we book tickets next week
so interested to see what other recommend
For Dublin to Brisbane I'd say Etihad Airways as you won't have to transit in London. They fly from DUB to BNE via Abu Dhabi then Singapore.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:34 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bcworld
For Dublin to Brisbane I'd say Etihad Airways as you won't have to transit in London. They fly from DUB to BNE via Abu Dhabi then Singapore.
Thanks ill check that out
Old Apr 28th 2008, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Shanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lettik
Shanaghy: when are you going to Adelaide? where you settling? etc....I'm nervous bout the move!! Got a teenage daughter to consider also. We are probably going later this year. A bit confused as to where "good" areas to live are, what schools, etc.

Also looking for best route from Ireland to Adelaide...
Hi Lettik
We hope to be moving around october if house is sold ,plan to settle at the moment south of the city or in adelaide hills.How far are you into the process
,i think it is only natural to be nervous its the biggest decision you'll probably have to make in your life,our kids are aged 12,8,and 2 all boys.We haven't decided exactly which suburb not sure either about schools yet.
Tom and Nikki
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Lettik is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tom & Nikki: we probably will move around November.House is sold. I'm sure it'll be fine when we geet there.Can do without working for a while.But both of us are in our early 40's so a bit of a concern!!! mind you, you always need social workers (himself) and fitness instructors/masage therapists (myself) so fingers crossed.......

Daughter is 14 going to go into 2nd year in September. School system is end of January to December I believe.

We've been looking at south suburbs also.But will rent somewhere initially and check out wheres good I guess.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mairead
Just wondering if anyone had any problems with Aerlingus regarding the extra baggage allowance from Ireland to the UK? I can see aerlingus trying to charge us a bomb for our extra baggage.
I think this has caused problems for people before. You will only get the extra allowance if you are ticketed all the way through - I know you can fly "Dublin - Aus" with Singapore - obviously the Ire-UK leg is with somebody else but because you have a SI ticket you will get the extra (though I'd get it in writing if I were you!). If you book Ire-UK independently you certainly won't be entitled to a 40kg luggage allowance.

To the OP - with three kids, anything that avoids Heathrow is worth doing, seriously!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 6:03 am
Just Joined

Kat71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
I think this has caused problems for people before. You will only get the extra allowance if you are ticketed all the way through - I know you can fly "Dublin - Aus" with Singapore - obviously the Ire-UK leg is with somebody else but because you have a SI ticket you will get the extra (though I'd get it in writing if I were you!). If you book Ire-UK independently you certainly won't be entitled to a 40kg luggage allowance.

To the OP - with three kids, anything that avoids Heathrow is worth doing, seriously!
I think but I could be wrong but Emirates had a flight that connected with Air Lingus some time ago.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 6:19 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kat71
I think but I could be wrong but Emirates had a flight that connected with Air Lingus some time ago.
Emirates has 8 flights a day from London to Dubai so I'm sure there would be several decent connections with Aer Lingus. There's also the Manchester & Glasgow options on Emirates which would probably be much more painless for transfers if the timing was right.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery

Thanks for the info on that. Looks like our only option will be Singapore as we are in Cork and I really don't fancy the drive from Cork to Dublin!!!!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mairead
and I really don't fancy the drive from Cork to Dublin!!!!
What, sure you can do that in 45 minutes now. Not legally but its not like you'll be concerned about the points lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.