Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best sites for flights back to the UK

Best sites for flights back to the UK

Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default Best sites for flights back to the UK

Hi all,

After spending hours trying various sites including webjet, expedia etc I am at a loss as to any good websites for flights back to the UK.

So far I am getting quotes of around $2500 each from BrisVegas to Glasgow. I want to go as direct as possible with no stops at LHR.

It pains me when family in the UK pay 750 pounds so much I tried to book tickets over there from here to no avail.

Are you aware of any good sites or used someone who has given you a great deal. If you would share there details I would be greatly in your debt, rather than Qantas's

Thanks

Carrianne

Last edited by Carrianne; Mar 18th 2008 at 8:46 am. Reason: addition
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:52 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best sites for flights back to the UK

zuji.com.au and flightcentre.com.au would be two additional sites I'd check out.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carrianne
Hi all,

After spending hours trying various sites including webjet, expedia etc I am at a loss as to any good websites for flights back to the UK.

So far I am getting quotes of around $2500 each from BrisVegas to Glasgow. I want to go as direct as possible with no stops at LHR.

It pains me when family in the UK pay 750 pounds so much I tried to book tickets over there from here to no avail.

Are you aware of any good sites or used someone who has given you a great deal. If you would share there details I would be greatly in your debt, rather than Qantas's

Thanks

Carrianne
Sorry to say but that sounds about right. We have three adults flying Brissie - Heathrow with Royal Brunei (el cheapo) for $6,600. Be hard pressed to find anything less than $2,000+
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

thank you and

People form the UK get it easy my family have never paid that much with taxes and exchange rate. We are ssoooo ripped off over here.

Last edited by Carrianne; Mar 18th 2008 at 9:06 am.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:03 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

You can't book flights back to the UK on flight center.

Originally Posted by harrip
zuji.com.au and flightcentre.com.au would be two additional sites I'd check out.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:28 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carrianne
Hi all,

Thanks

Carrianne
Timber Floor got a good deal from a travel agent at North Lakes recently.

Why don't you send him a PM and he'll surely give you contact details.

M
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:55 am
AKA - Drop Bear

Tassie Bear has a spectacular aura aboutTassie Bear has a spectacular aura aboutTassie Bear has a spectacular aura about

The best site is opodo.co.uk it normally gives you the cheapest fair.

You can then go to the flight Centre and they will match the price on the web.

Good Luck
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Ah the nightmare of finding cheap flights to the UK!

We've just booked to go back and found the cheapest way was to book directly with the airline - although it is blooming time consuming!

Flight Center almost matched Singapore Airlines but they then charge you a credit card surcharge which added an extra $90 whereas SIA don't.

We also checked booking from the UK which you can now do and that worked out nearly $1500 dearer - yikes!

If you travel back regularly then get a one way from Oz and book returns in the UK - if you can afford to stump a bit extra up front as a one-way is almost as much but long term you'll save.

Good luck!
Kim

p.s. If going from Brissie try Etihad they had some good prices but you might have to go via LHR
Old Mar 18th 2008, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

TinaB is an unknown quantity at this point

I can sympathise. Have you tried travel.com.au?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice

My fiancee owns a travel agency look under my signature as i am not sure if i can write the website and email address on this post.

Lisa
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:59 pm
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough

We're looking at flights to the UK too and got a good price from Trailfinders as we are thinking of going there (see how I avoid saying 'going back'!) via Asia and coming back through the states so they've quoted on a cheap round the world ticket.

I'll try the other sites people have recommended too for comparison so thanks for posting those
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

Here are a couple of tricks:

1. If you have airmiles: use your air miles to get you to a location where the routings are cheaper.

2. Book a round the world ticket and enjoy a nice holiday as well! The tickets are not that much more expensive than a normal return
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Son went with etihad return for $1890, thats the cheapest genuine fare I have seen in a long time. That WAS including all taxes but he went in february which is the cheapest time of year, if your looking at UK summer will be way more than that.

Bonus was flight was half empty ,they had spare seats all the way
Old Mar 20th 2008, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Son went with etihad return for $1890, thats the cheapest genuine fare I have seen in a long time. That WAS including all taxes but he went in february which is the cheapest time of year, if your looking at UK summer will be way more than that.

Bonus was flight was half empty ,they had spare seats all the way
$8300 Emirates for 2 adults 4 children PERTH - GLASGOW return in May. Although......took me about 20 hours of searching to find it. I sometimes try KLM to Glasgow but make sure I choose the Malaysia Airlines code share for the long haul flights.

www.zuji.com.au

Galba
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you all very much I will continue to look and try all possibilities. I will also look at a round the world too.