Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Start-rite childrens shoes & child car seats

Start-rite childrens shoes & child car seats

Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

welovebonds is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Start-rite childrens shoes & child car seats

Okay, back again with more trivia type questions, but these are the sort of things that I get concerned about.

Sad maybe, but I always get our toddler his shoes from start-rite, feet measured every 8 weeks etc.

Now we are heading for Melbourne and surrounding areas (still to be decided) - can you buy Start-rite shoes or is there something similar in Aus?

Also, my other concern at the moment - child car seats, I take it that ISOFIX hasn't yet reached Aus and that EU type seats are not approved to be used in Aus - can anyone recommend a good forward facing car seat?

Any adivce appreciated.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Start-rite childrens shoes & child car seats

It's a long time since my kids were little but I cant recall seeing Start-rite here at all (that may be just my ageing memory though). The closest we would have would be Clarkes I suspect. Aussies dont seem to be really concerned about what goes on their kids feet!!!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

I have not seen start right.

However I recently bought my son Clarkes shoes for school. Found them in a small shoe shop. It was a great find, as he has wide feet so getting a shoe to fit can be a problem.

GEMS
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

No Idea is an unknown quantity at this point

Clarks are the way to go in Oz....you might be able to get them in Melbourne....try David Jones or Myers for clarks. Or a special children shoe fitting shop (have a look in yellow pages). Sometimes the odd shoe store will sell start rite but not often.

Car seat (i'm a bit of a nut on this). safe n Sound (same as britax) Maxi Rider II (not version 1). its the best and will last the longest (also the most expensive but its worth money).

Cheers
Fi
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

No start rites that I have seen.

I would recommend a Safe and Sound AHR car seat.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by welovebonds
Okay, back again with more trivia type questions, but these are the sort of things that I get concerned about.

Sad maybe, but I always get our toddler his shoes from start-rite, feet measured every 8 weeks etc.

Now we are heading for Melbourne and surrounding areas (still to be decided) - can you buy Start-rite shoes or is there something similar in Aus?

Also, my other concern at the moment - child car seats, I take it that ISOFIX hasn't yet reached Aus and that EU type seats are not approved to be used in Aus - can anyone recommend a good forward facing car seat?

Any adivce appreciated.
We have ISOFIX in our Volvo here (Perth) - you can buy the ISOFIX car seat from the dealer.

Galba