Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best restaurant in Perth?

Best restaurant in Perth?

Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:11 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best restaurant in Perth?

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I'm going there on Valentine's day...never been before.
Originally Posted by chrispy
We went to the C restaurant last weekend, fantastic view, great starter and desert but the main course was cold, sent it back and it came back...cold again The aslo add a surcharge at weekends and have set dinner times on Fridays and Saturdays. It is expensive, ok for a one off..
Would you mind telling me roughly how much your bill was?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Would you mind telling me roughly how much your bill was?
No Problem, it came to about $200, i think it was $75 for a set 2 course meal (the Mrs) and $85 for a three course (me the glutton), 4 glasses of fizzy wine (about $9 each) bottle of water and 15% surcharge for weekends minus $35 for a discount we have for the entertainment book (great if you go out more than a couple of times a year).

Enjoy if this price doesn't make you choke
Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:24 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

No Problem, it came to about $200, i think it was $75 for a set 2 course meal (the Mrs) and $85 for a three course (me the glutton), 4 glasses of fizzy wine (about $9 each) bottle of water and 15% surcharge for weekends minus $35 for a discount we have for the entertainment book (great if you go out more than a couple of times a year).

Enjoy if this price doesn't make you choke
I don't want to go, that's just it. We were bought a $300 voucher for Xmas from one of the companies my OH does alot of work for, but it's just not my cuppa. It used to be called 'The Hi-lite' as I recall and it was over rated and over priced then. I'd rather go somewhere like 'The Blue Duck' in Cottesloe, that's more my thing. I might try and sell the voucher on eBay.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

I don't want to go, that's just it. We were bought a $300 voucher for Xmas from one of the companies my OH does alot of work for, but it's just not my cuppa. It used to be called 'The Hi-lite' as I recall and it was over rated and over priced then. I'd rather go somewhere like 'The Blue Duck' in Cottesloe, that's more my thing. I might try and sell the voucher on eBay.
It is quite novel being in a revolving restaurant, and the views are stunning as there are not many tower blocks in Perth so you can see in every direction.. and if you have got a free voucher then why not go.. the food was good just that the main course was cold... i should have kept sending it back but being polite Brits....
Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

sue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nice

Raffles is fantastic great view over river also.
Cheaper Sienna's Leederville.
Oscars in Ellenbrook or what was the Old Cottage in the Swan Valley if you ring puts through to new place.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:09 am
'In limboland'

It is quite novel being in a revolving restaurant, and the views are stunning as there are not many tower blocks in Perth so you can see in every direction.. and if you have got a free voucher then why not go.. the food was good just that the main course was cold... i should have kept sending it back but being polite Brits....
We went when it was The Hilite. Just don't fancy going again. As I said, not my kind of restaurant or menu.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

kingy2310 is an unknown quantity at this point

As i said the boatshed south perth is really good.
The Boatshed Coode St Jetty Coode St South Perth 6151 WA
Phone: (08) 9474 1314 www.boatshedrestaurant.com
It is one of the best restaurants we went to. Friendly staff and good price.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:05 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for your suggestions
Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

littlemiss will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by WS
It's my birthday in a few weeks and want to celebrate with a meal out.

Does anyone have any suggestions of the best restaurant in Perth? Cost doesn't matter and if possible would like a view of the river/ocean. Unfortuantely I don't want seafood or indian which seems to restrict the options.

Thanks for any ideas!
Went to a wedding about three weeks ago at Matilda Bay ( http://www.matbay.com.au/ ) Food was fantastic, view over the river towards the Perth Skyline was stunning!!! ahhhhhh, wish I was there now!!

Enjoy your birthday!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

annb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant future

just remembered another with great views of perth and much better food than the overhyped C Restaurant - Bluewater Grill in Applecross. I have only eaten lunch there and had an outside table with fantastic views and atmosphere. The oysters were fab, the beef carpacio (sp?) was dleicious, everything the others had looked pretty good as well.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Jandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really nice

Originally Posted by WS
Thanks everyone for your suggestions
just quickly

Matilda Bay, Coco's and my most recent fave is Frasers at Kings Park. BEAUTIFUL but no view of the river but you are right there in Kings park ad the lighting up of teh city so close if you can sit outside is lovely. Quite pricey but lovely imho

xx
Old Feb 1st 2008, 1:53 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

Now the rail link is working,the best restaurant with a view not far from Perth is Betty Blue Bistro in Rockingham,winner of the gold plate in 2005. Informal dining with cracking cooking and wonderful views of the ocean.The best table is just 10 steps from the sand,try the barramundi(flown in daily from the N.T.)

Failing that,the Mussel bar in Freo,Halo at Barrack st,Must wine bar(no sea view tho). A hidden gem that is our favourite sunday spot is Harvest in Fremantle.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:01 am
'In limboland'

The Attivo is a lovely Italian restaurant and looks over the Indian Ocean. It's had some fantastic reviews too.
http://www.attivo.net.au/

http://www.yourrestaurants.com.au/guide/attivo/

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Feb 1st 2008 at 2:07 am.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:30 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Another vote for Duendes here. Royal India in West Perth is a superb Indian restaurant. Have to agree with the comments about C Restaurant, it is overpriced, it is very dated, carpet has (may not have now, but did when we were there) several holes in it, and looks very tatty, food is about a 5 out of 10, nothing special, view is superb obviously. If you fancy a trip to Freo, Little Creatures brewery has superb food, and a brilliant atmosphere.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:33 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

How much you want for it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.