Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Recruitment Agent

Best Recruitment Agent

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:44 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Best Recruitment Agent

Originally Posted by silentwalker
I couldn't agree more. Its really difficult to choose a job only based on the job description. There is always this hush hush about the company. When they finally tell the name of the company, they request you not to disclose it to other agents. Whats up with that?

And then the next thing you know, they will ask you what other positions I have already applied in!

I find the whole process pretty weird and hope there were a way to avoid all this.
I had that trouble before christmas, several agencies phoning about the same job, none of them would tell me who it was for, and all said dont discuss these details with other agencies.

Then 1 agent was up-front and put me forward. Then I went for a meeting with a 2nd agent, she came clean, I said I've already been put forward. She had the arse with me, for not telling her I had spoke to someone about this role. Then the 3rd agent put me forward, and got a call from the company saying I they already had my CV. Guess what, the 3rd agent was on the phone having the arse, and wanted me to get the 1st agent to withdraw the application.....If they were more honest and upfront it would be a lot easier.

They are all far too paranoid that I am another agent pretending to be an IT worker to steal their roles.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

Here's some figures for you.

Just 7% of job seekers gain employment through an agency
17% will find employment via the newspaper ads and the rest will find employment by networking, cold calling/canvassing!
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 1:17 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on your field, Kelly Services are very good.

Probably the best agency I have worked for.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 1:41 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I've never had a problem with any agency here. The first one I went to when we landed in Adelaide not only put me forward for a couple of excellent positions they hired me to work at the agency first as the receptionist and then later as the learning and development coordinator in charge of running their very busy training organisation. I've applied for a couple of jobs here in Perth through agencies and have found them to be really helpful.

I guess it all boils down to each individual and the skills they have. If you have what the employer is looking for then the agent who gets you the job will be seen more favourably than if you don't.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:27 pm

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point

any updates
Old Apr 21st 2009, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MarkMC
None of them are "the best" they are all money grabbing, lying, #ankers. They do not give a monkeys about the orker, all they care about is keeping the company happy and getting more work from them.
Moan moan moan. Their job is to find workers for clients.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 11:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Depending on your field, Kelly Services are very good.

Probably the best agency I have worked for.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Paul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nice

Some are very good some are very bad. As a contractor, I have been using agents for 15 years. They make me laugh when they ring you up, sometimes on a Sunday night with some phantom job, when really they are just ground baiting, to see if you drop out where the work is. But recently I went to Hays in Perth and had this young t*@ser of an agent being condescending. Felt like telling him to shut the F*@k up and tell me something I don't know and can you get me a job. He talked for England no sorry Australia!! Just coming out with bullsh@t.
Nothing against Australians just this one.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 5:03 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
Well perhaps not for you but they have helped me an awful lot and just because they were not good for you, it doesn't mean the same for all of us does it?

That's like saying every bloke that posts on this thread is a sarcastic tosser - but that would be rude, wouldn't it?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Paul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nice

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Well perhaps not for you but they have helped me an awful lot and just because they were not good for you, it doesn't mean the same for all of us does it?

That's like saying every bloke that posts on this thread is a sarcastic tosser - but that would be rude, wouldn't it?
Wow what a friendly reply.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:55 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Funnily enough, the first bunch to lose their jobs in a recession will be recruitment agents.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Burbage
Funnily enough, the first bunch to lose their jobs in a recession will be recruitment agents.

Wow you win the sweeping statement of the day award.

Care to back it up with facts and figures?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Dorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really nice

I will vote for Hays in Sydney and Perth. Found me a fantastic job. Nailed it quickly and have been great. All agencies have their ups and downs but without Hays, I wouldn't be on my way - hopefully!!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

I agree, Hays are one of the good ones, thats why I used them, but the young individual I had, talked solid non stop for an hour and I came away no better off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.