Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best places to vist before leaving UK

Best places to vist before leaving UK

Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:01 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best places to vist before leaving UK

I want to go and visit the amazing places in the uk that I haven't seen before leaving, but simply don't know where to start.

where are the most unique places, and worth visiting, to go? I know there is York and places in London, but what about the rest of the country.

I desperately want to go to Wales and Scotland but haven't a clue where to start and where to go. I won't be spending a week at these places so want to spend my time and money well.

ps I have a 7 year old so there has to be something to look at and he is interested in history and scenic views...
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:03 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where to go - xmas in scotland??

I appreciate that we are still getting over xmas but I am want to spend my last christmas in the uk in Scotland - hoping for a white xmas (my dream).

Can anyone recommend where to go. ps I have a child under 10 - so if they aren't child friendly, I am not interested..
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

lostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Best places to vist before leaving UK

Originally Posted by killamarsh
I want to go and visit the amazing places in the uk that I haven't seen before leaving, but simply don't know where to start.

where are the most unique places, and worth visiting, to go? I know there is York and places in London, but what about the rest of the country.

I desperately want to go to Wales and Scotland but haven't a clue where to start and where to go. I won't be spending a week at these places so want to spend my time and money well.

ps I have a 7 year old so there has to be something to look at and he is interested in history and scenic views...
Personal favourites of mine are:

St Ives, Cornwall
Lovely old fishing village on the very last tip of Cornwall. Old streets and a lovely old pub(c. 1312) The Sloop Inn. Some great seafood. Pain to drive to though - a good 6 hours drive from the London area. A short drive to Lands End too, though not so much my cup of tea. Theres a sort of small theme park park there that you son might like.

The Eden Project, Cornwall http://www.edenproject.com/
Maybe do this at the same time ? Fantastic and educational site with lots to do and look at. The tropical dome is really cool. Quite like Aus in there !

Camping in the New Forest
Really nice area, forest camping which is always fun. Wild horses just lying lin the road blocking it ! Great fun

Brighton
Well, I am biased as this is where I come from. Good food to eat, and some entertainment on the front - Palace Pier for your son ?

Have a good time !
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:18 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to go - xmas in scotland??

Originally Posted by killamarsh
I appreciate that we are still getting over xmas but I am want to spend my last christmas in the uk in Scotland - hoping for a white xmas (my dream).

Can anyone recommend where to go. ps I have a child under 10 - so if they aren't child friendly, I am not interested..

Go to Bath and see the Roman Baths. I went at half term with my 9, 6 and 3 yr old. 9 yr old was fascinated, 6 yr old liked the children's tour they do with the phone type ear piece.

Go to the Eden Project. It's gobsmacking. All kids love it.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:19 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to go - xmas in scotland??

Ha ha lost... We're on the same page there.

Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

Petrolhead is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Top place that we've been for years is the Isle of Mull on the West coast of Scotland

We only spent 2 days there last summer but were entranced with the beauty and wildlife, never seen anything like it!

Adam
Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:29 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

The north Cornwall coast, the Lake District and North Wales for the countryside, Bath (lived there for 10 years, nice place to vist, not live!) and Edinburgh for the towns.