Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best places to live in Brisbane

Best places to live in Brisbane

Old Feb 13th 2014, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best places to live in Brisbane

Originally Posted by katdan28
Thank you everyone for your replies. We had a couple of days down there looking at areas and getting a rental sorted until we're familiar with the city. It was a bit of a nightmare but we're all sorted! We chose a house at the gap, second in line was one at sinnamon park but we seen some lovely areas! Hopefully it won't be too difficult to get to work at toowong!
Awesome. The Gap is lovely.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 4:07 am
Just Joined

pmat is an unknown quantity at this point

Been looking around all month and we've eventually decided to rent in Chapel Hill. Lovely area with decent schools not too far away and only a short trip to the city....without feeling too close to it! If we like the area, we may look to buy in the general area in twelve months time.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pmat
Been looking around all month and we've eventually decided to rent in Chapel Hill. Lovely area with decent schools not too far away and only a short trip to the city....without feeling too close to it! If we like the area, we may look to buy in the general area in twelve months time.
And once the tunnel is complete next year, travelling into the city "should" be a lot quicker and less painful.

Old Feb 19th 2014, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Yes, everyone has different ideas on what is enough garden (I personally prefer a small garden and live near parks as big gardens have stolen enough of my life), but at least $800 would be needed to get a 4 bed family house with a garden in Toowong I would think (Edit: example). Agree, you could spend many millions depending how fancy or large you wished to go.

Understand you were using it's price to explain how expensive the area can be though for me showing that Miskin St house was more about showing the beauty you can enjoy in your day to day life in Toowong rather than as a house to buy. It is so nice to walk around these types of suburbs and enjoy all the beauty of the old gardens, character homes, schools, churches etc and think about all the lives of the people who have passed through them. I lose most of that feeling when moving to the newer suburbs but I might just be weird.
Not weird at all. In my road there are houses over 100 years old or as near as dammit and others exuding character with laid out gardens and with near-Mansion porportions. You go in to some and the interiors are vivid reflections of a life well led....CUT THAT'S ENOUGH (Ed.)
Old Feb 19th 2014, 8:04 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I posted this elsewhere but it might be handy for the OP if they still trying to decide.
http://crimemap.info/
Old Feb 25th 2014, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

Well I can tell you where not to live and that would be most of Logan. Only stay on the right side of the motorway if you need too!! I'm speaking of personal experience:-)
Old Feb 25th 2014, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

TimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sormesher
Well I can tell you where not to live and that would be most of Logan. Only stay on the right side of the motorway if you need too!! I'm speaking of personal experience:-)
LOL so you have single handedly obliterated every suburb west of the Highway.

Rite !
Old Feb 25th 2014, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TimbersBack

Rite !
Well yes!! Only when it comes to Logan though and I did say "most", so woodridge, Logan central, Kingston for example! There are some pretty places further west once you get out the burbs though
Old Feb 25th 2014, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Alfresco
And once the tunnel is complete next year, travelling into the city "should" be a lot quicker and less painful.

Old Feb 25th 2014, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TimbersBack

Rite !
And yes your safe out where you are (Wellington point), too far for the Logan bogans
Old Feb 25th 2014, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Timbersback, I looked at Wellington Point. Nice area but just a touch too far out for us. How do you find it?
Old Feb 25th 2014, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

jambo72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Couldnt live anywhere else other than Tenerife, New Farm, Newstead and possibly Paddington.

Find the outer suburbs utterly depressing.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jambo72
Couldnt live anywhere else other than Tenerife, New Farm, Newstead and possibly Paddington.

Find the outer suburbs utterly depressing.
Would you consider Chapel Hill or Kenmore as an 'outer suburb'?
Old Feb 25th 2014, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

jambo72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Would you consider Chapel Hill or Kenmore as an 'outer suburb'?
Never made it there so cant comment.

All I know is that anytime I went North up the M1, or west or anywhere that took me into 'suburbia' I felt like my soul had died inside. Was there for best part of 6 years and even some of the better burbs like Chelmer, Indroopilly just left me a bit
Old Feb 25th 2014, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

TimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of light

Timbersback, I looked at Wellington Point. Nice area but just a touch too far out for us. How do you find it?
I use a GPS mainly. But nowadays I turn left at Thorneside and follow my nose.

Too far out for what?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.