Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best online website for rental properties?

Best online website for rental properties?

Old Feb 18th 2013, 10:38 am
Just Joined

tam2oo5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best online website for rental properties?

Hi,

Firstly i am new to the board, so just to say hello and thanks in advance to anyone who can offer any advice/help.

Secondly, Myself and my partner have been considering a move to Australia. We are not quite sure which area but the basic rule is to find work then search for accommodation nearby.

Can you suggest the best websites?, the plan would be to rent for atleast 1 year. So a rental website would be great.

So i have only really found the following:

www.realestate.com.au

Many thanks,
Thomas
Old Feb 18th 2013, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best online website for rental properties?

That's the one.

And Welcome to BE.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Thanks Alfresco, i will continue having a look on this site.

I did briefly do a search for houses in the SA area with swimming pool for less $500 PW and only found 5 results for the full state. I was expecting alot more results, this is why i wondered if there was another website..

Do you think $500 PW is acceptable for 3 bed house with pool?, i know that it will vary depending of the location ie.. next to beach/city ect but just in general terms of SA should it be possible to find a house for this price?
Old Feb 18th 2013, 11:01 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tam2oo5
Hi,

Firstly i am new to the board, so just to say hello and thanks in advance to anyone who can offer any advice/help.

Secondly, Myself and my partner have been considering a move to Australia. We are not quite sure which area but the basic rule is to find work then search for accommodation nearby.

Can you suggest the best websites?, the plan would be to rent for atleast 1 year. So a rental website would be great.

www.realestate.com.au

Many thanks,
Thomas
You can also try the following.... but I suspect Realestate.com.au will cover them all.
www.reiwa.com.au
www.domain.com.au
Old Feb 18th 2013, 11:04 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

www.realestate.com.au

Many thanks,
Thomas
Hi Thomas

Also, try the "SEARCH" function at the top to search from previous posts, ie Questions about rental properties...... You will find many and hopefully some good answers to your questions.
Using the "ADVANCED SEARCH" you can filter the answer to suit.

Cheers
Neil.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Good suggestion Neil, i should really have looked a bit better before posting. Will have a look now, thanks
Old Feb 18th 2013, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

There's also HomeHound.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 7:13 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Alfresco, i will continue having a look on this site.

I did briefly do a search for houses in the SA area with swimming pool for less $500 PW and only found 5 results for the full state. I was expecting alot more results, this is why i wondered if there was another website..

Do you think $500 PW is acceptable for 3 bed house with pool?, i know that it will vary depending of the location ie.. next to beach/city ect but just in general terms of SA should it be possible to find a house for this price?
Hi tam2oo5

Not sure what you used as your search, but within the northern and southern Adelaide regions I found 16 properties matching

http://www.realestate.com.au/rent/pr...ce=refinements

Realestate only searches on the suburb and neighbouring suburb you ask for, unless you use a general term like 'northern adelaide'. A search for property in Adelaide would only include the CBD and any neighbouring suburb not the whole Adelaide area.

Happy hunting
Old Feb 19th 2013, 5:01 am
Just Joined

Many thanks all, i think i just have to learn the best way of searching using the realestate.

Thanks
Old Feb 20th 2013, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

stuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
You can also try the following.... but I suspect Realestate.com.au will cover them all.
www.reiwa.com.au
www.domain.com.au
REIWA is WA lol, not going to help the OP much with searches in SA

FYI for all, as this website thing tends to come up as a key question quite often. The 3 largest property websites in Australia in terms of content of listings are as follows;

Realestate.com.au, Domain & Realestateview.com.au

ACT is slightly different in that there is a site unique to that state that dominates but can't remember the name.

Also REIWA is also quite strong in WA, but every listing that goes on REIWA also feeds through to realestateview.

If you're doing searches in Melbourne or Tas realestateview has the best userbility but realestate.com has the most listings.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 4:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks all, i think i just have to learn the best way of searching using the realestate.

Thanks
Try narrowing it down to various suburbs - like north or south Adelaide, and always have the "surrounding suburbs" button ticked