Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Best Leaving Do!!!!!!

The Best Leaving Do!!!!!!

Old Sep 11th 2004, 2:06 am
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light
Default The Best Leaving Do!!!!!!

OK yes I was dreading it - spent the last three days totally stressed, feeling sick etc etc.... (lost one and a half stone in a week and a half) I know a big leaving do is not for everyone but we have just had the best night ever.

Walked into the function room at St James Park at 18:45 tonight and thought Shxx, how will we ever fill this room??? (bearing in mind it holds 500) By 8 o' clock the place was jumping. Opted for band rather than disco - absolutley brill. They made the night. Really can't explain it - will post some photies tomorrow. Best bit ( this is where the tears started) - 17 year old son had all his mates there, nicer bunch of kids you could not meet. They made a speech, got son up to present him with .... wait for it... framed, signed NUFC shirt, fantistic 2 foot picture of various surf shots (all signed), ....the best is yet to come!!!!! Armarni watch and last but not least a surf board

Try videoing that when the tears are streamaing down your face and you watch your son just crack at the seams with emotion!!

Must go, he's just walked in door and will freak if I'm on this site. Tell you more tomorrow.
Old Sep 11th 2004, 8:33 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Best Leaving Do!!!!!!

Originally Posted by marie66
Must go, he's just walked in door and will freak if I'm on this site. Tell you more tomorrow.
Aye don't let him see you telling us about it
Sounds like a great night Marie. Can't wait to see the pics.
Old Sep 11th 2004, 9:41 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

OK yes I was dreading it - spent the last three days totally stressed, feeling sick etc etc.... (lost one and a half stone in a week and a half) I know a big leaving do is not for everyone but we have just had the best night ever.

Walked into the function room at St James Park at 18:45 tonight and thought Shxx, how will we ever fill this room??? (bearing in mind it holds 500) By 8 o' clock the place was jumping. Opted for band rather than disco - absolutley brill. They made the night. Really can't explain it - will post some photies tomorrow. Best bit ( this is where the tears started) - 17 year old son had all his mates there, nicer bunch of kids you could not meet. They made a speech, got son up to present him with .... wait for it... framed, signed NUFC shirt, fantistic 2 foot picture of various surf shots (all signed), ....the best is yet to come!!!!! Armarni watch and last but not least a surf board

Try videoing that when the tears are streamaing down your face and you watch your son just crack at the seams with emotion!!

Sounds like you had a great night - good luck with your move & have a great life.
Cas
Old Sep 11th 2004, 10:03 am
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Marie,

Sounds as if a good night was had by all, I am sure it was an emotionally charged night before you even got there. Just reading your post I was filling up for you. A night you will treasure for a long time.

Take care and good luck

Have a safe journey and don`t forget we will meet for a beer if I eventually get to Perth

Deb
Old Sep 11th 2004, 10:12 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Marie,

SO lovely to hear you all had a great time...I cant wait to see the photos.

Lucy
x
Old Sep 11th 2004, 12:41 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

They sound like great lads. But your boy must be pretty special for them to have gone to all that trouble.

Glad you had a great time. Look forward to seeing the pics.
Old Sep 11th 2004, 8:00 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics Marie. You should have sold tickets - looks like a sellout night!
Old Sep 11th 2004, 8:26 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

We're really happy for you. What a wonderful night and what fantastic friends. Well done!
Good luck in Oz.
Old Sep 11th 2004, 8:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey you had thousands there
Is the lady bottom left of ladies last night asleep.

Anyway great slide show. Are you taking your patio heater with you.
Old Sep 11th 2004, 8:33 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Great pics Marie. You should have sold tickets - looks like a sellout night!
She doesn't know but I did sell tickets

Walla
Old Sep 11th 2004, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you all. We also have an 18 year old, 16 year old and 11 year old all who have lovely friends. I do worry for my older boy who will go straight into UNI in auss. Sounds like you had a wonderful party but I hear your pain re your son. Got the same myself.
Take Care and enjoy your new life
KAZ
Old Sep 11th 2004, 8:56 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by walla1
She doesn't know but I did sell tickets

Walla
Good man. Just flicking through the TV and thought BBC 1 was showing your do for a second.

"Last Night of the Poms"
Old Sep 11th 2004, 9:03 pm
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Blimey you had thousands there
Is the lady bottom left of ladies last night asleep.

Anyway great slide show. Are you taking your patio heater with you.
Slightly confusing I know. Earlier photos of all the girls was one of the first 'leaving parties' at a friends house (3 weeks ago me thinks) The lady asleep is a sister of one of my best mates - it was her birthday that night. I should post the whole set as it's really funny. I have 3 or 4 shots where step by step she gets worse!! Comatosed is more the term I would use for her state!! So funny, she was there last night with her 8 year old daughter - not a drink passed her lips - 'pillar of the community'!!
Old Sep 11th 2004, 9:21 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Good man. Just flicking through the TV and thought BBC 1 was showing your do for a second.

"Last Night of the Poms"
Land of hope and glory :scared:

Walla
Old Sep 13th 2004, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

was talking to my mate today, she said her daughter had been to a cracking leaving do at st. james', really brilliant night.... carried on saying that the family were moving to aus, and so on...

didn't think it could be possible, but apparently it was!!!!

pauline connolly, jennifer's mum is wishing you all the luck and happiness in the world....

honeybob...