Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

we are now real Australians!!!

we are now real Australians!!!

Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough
Default we are now real Australians!!!

As from today we are now fully fledged Aussies! we had our citizenship ceremony today so can now vote and get our own Aussie passports and go on the dole if we want to (although they don't mention that when they say your rights and privaledges). Got our certificate and pot plant and stood up there doing our pledge, sang the national anthem and shook the mayors hand. Just a formality really, but they take it seriously.

where do I sign on!!!!!!!!!!

Mandy
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: we are now real Australians!!!

Originally Posted by Mandy Bale
As from today we are now fully fledged Aussies! we had our citizenship ceremony today so can now vote and get our own Aussie passports and go on the dole if we want to (although they don't mention that when they say your rights and privaledges). Got our certificate and pot plant and stood up there doing our pledge, sang the national anthem and shook the mayors hand. Just a formality really, but they take it seriously.

Mandy
Mandy
Congrats. you Aussie
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Just a few more months to go and we'll be joining you - can't wait!

Originally Posted by Stewie
Mandy
Congrats. you Aussie
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:32 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Cool... dont vote for Labour or the Greens.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Who SHOULD I vote for?

Originally Posted by Siren
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:38 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy
It may be too late to vote at the October federal election because I believe the electoral rolls are closed. Contact the AEC.

You actually get the privilege of going on the dole after 2 years as a PR even if you don't take citizenship. So it's not specifically a citizenship privilege.

Congratulations.

Jeremy
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Jeremy, didn't know that. I was just curious re Sirens hopes for the election. Any suggestions from u? Aussie politics is a no-brainer.

Originally Posted by JAJ
It may be too late to vote at the October federal election because I believe the electoral rolls are closed. Contact the AEC.

You actually get the privilege of going on the dole after 2 years as a PR even if you don't take citizenship. So it's not specifically a citizenship privilege.

Congratulations.

Jeremy
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:43 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

A pole? or a Lap - and someone who knowswhat to do with it!
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:46 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Personally.... Liberal.... I feel that the good economic position Australia is in is because they have made the unpopular desicions that needed to be made. I dont want YES men/women running my country, and Labour are very much YES men/women to the unions of Australia
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Mmm, we're talking Mr Latham now, huh? Personally I think he's much, much too smooth, nevermind the union issue.

Reminds me of someone who will jump on any bandwagon, as long as it's going to Canberra. So yes, I agree with you Siren.

Personally.... Liberal.... I feel that the good economic position Australia is in is because they have made the unpopular desicions that needed to be made. I dont want YES men/women running my country, and Labour are very much YES men/women to the unions of Australia
Old Sep 13th 2004, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by G'Day
Mmm, we're talking Mr Latham now, huh? Personally I think he's much, much too smooth, nevermind the union issue.

Reminds me of someone who will jump on any bandwagon, as long as it's going to Canberra. So yes, I agree with you Siren.

Yes politics on the run.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 1:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy
Congratulations, you lucky thing!!

My own citizenship seems so far off its not worth thinking about...temp spouse visa, so not even PR till Feb 2006!
Old Sep 13th 2004, 1:43 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy
Ah, but do u feel Australian??????
Old Sep 13th 2004, 1:44 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

oh and another thing, u get to sleep with an australian tonight
Old Sep 13th 2004, 1:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
oh and another thing, u get to sleep with an australian tonight
Ooooh spouse visas DO have perks after all! I get to sleep with an Aussie every night anyway!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.