Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best curry in Brisbane area ?

Best curry in Brisbane area ?

Old Aug 7th 2006, 9:51 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Best curry in Brisbane area ?

Originally Posted by themerlin
Can anybody help! I have been here for a while now and they only thing I miss is a really good curry like you get in England. I have searched high and low but not found anything great.

Has anybody found a really good curry in these parts and if so do share
We like Punjabi Palace in West End - we have always had a good curry there including starters too.

Dawn
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:11 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmf
We like Punjabi Palace in West End - we have always had a good curry there including starters too.

Dawn

Thanks for all the feed back. I can see me putting on weight in the not too near future
Old Aug 7th 2006, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for all the feed back. I can see me putting on weight in the not too near future
Went to Indian Brothers in Clontarf not too long ago, was nice food but still not as nice as Akbars in Bradford :-) Will defiantely have to try out Spice Avenue!!....I miss my curry.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
I was there for a meal on Friday 4th excellent as usual. We travelled down from Gympie just for the Lamb Jalfrezi Mmmmm.
If you hanker for a curry and cannot find it on the menu just ask, I do, I'm not that keen on chicken and prefer lamb to beef. Well worth a couple of hours drive
It is good but a 2 two hour drive :scared:

It is far for me but reserve it for when I am in Brizzy as a treat. Top food and probably the nearest and best you will get to a traditional English Indian (Whatever that means) Indian foodies will know what I mean.

Tony
Old Aug 14th 2006, 9:29 am

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
Spice Avenue, Birkdale , Bayside ( worth a trip if your not close)
Yes thanks.

It was worth the trip and will going again soon!
Old Aug 14th 2006, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Can anybody help! I have been here for a while now and they only thing I miss is a really good curry like you get in England. I have searched high and low but not found anything great.

Have had 3 curries from 3 different curry houses in the last few weeks and they were all shit. They seem to all taste like a sharwoods jar, no substance and no heat, like eating brown sauce. we were in Birkdale for a while but the curry house was closed for his jollies. I can reccommend a barbie at stiches though, very nice
Old Aug 14th 2006, 9:41 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The S's
Have had 3 curries from 3 different curry houses in the last few weeks and they were all shit. They seem to all taste like a sharwoods jar, no substance and no heat, like eating brown sauce. we were in Birkdale for a while but the curry house was closed for his jollies. I can reccommend a barbie at stiches though, very nice

Hi guys,

Thanks for the reccommendations! How's life treating you? Hope you've all settled in well. You'll need to let me know where and we can meet up again.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 15th 2006, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Hi Ginny,

Things going well ta, kids love school etc. Definately settling in and getting to know the area now. Just a tad lonely now and again with Sean at work and the kids at school, nice to be without the kids strung round my neck 24 hours a day but it can get a bit lonely so a meet up would be great, we could arrange to have a barbie on the beach or something I know the kids would love to see your two again. Hope you okay and all is well I'll be in touch soon.

love

Sadie

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi guys,

Thanks for the reccommendations! How's life treating you? Hope you've all settled in well. You'll need to let me know where and we can meet up again.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 15th 2006, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Cool, planning a trip this weekend if i can talk the wife into it
What? Didn't you believe me?
Old Aug 15th 2006, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrFlibbleUK
Went to Indian Brothers in Clontarf not too long ago, was nice food but still not as nice as Akbars in Bradford :-) Will defiantely have to try out Spice Avenue!!....I miss my curry.
Last 2 times I went to Akbars, it wasn't that good. It's too busy, they throw the food together, then throw the food at you. But I've gotta say, I've never had a naan bread over here that compare to Akbars' Naans.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Last 2 times I went to Akbars, it wasn't that good. It's too busy, they throw the food together, then throw the food at you. But I've gotta say, I've never had a naan bread over here that compare to Akbars' Naans.
Then you should try the naan bread at spice avenue. The keema naan was just like the UK.
Old May 25th 2007, 4:55 am
Just Joined

Trojan1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

By the way......Sitar in Albion o Sandgate Rd is by far the best!!

Cheers,
Nik
Old May 25th 2007, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of

Raj Mahal in Taringa. Haven't dined in but had a few deliveries and really good. So far have had Saagwala (superb), Vindaloo (very, very good), Butter Chicken (very tasty), Peshwari & Garlic Naan both good but you need to be very fond of garlic. I recommended a friend who had chicken tikka masala and she said it was inedible, also their tandoori I believe is to be avoided so maybe we have just been lucky but it's been the best we've had here so far. $20 min spend for delivery and you can see the menu online. Indus @ Paddington is next in line for us. I saw a new one advertised in Elizabeth St a while ago....Spice something.......can't quite remember exactly but the advert said it was real Indian food and did not cater for the Australian taste (I guess that means sweetness and gallons of coconut milk). Anyone been there yet?
Old May 25th 2007, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

down under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nice

not a curry,but tonight we are having chilli prawns and mussels,as hot as i can make it,some beers and wine,ive already started,mmmmm
Old May 25th 2007, 5:42 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisbane bound
Indus @ Paddington is next in line for us.
I think Raj Mahal is crap myself, used to use them but not anymore.

I'm having Indus tonight, Chicken Tikka Massala is great, one of the best Indian's I've had in Brisbane. If you're out west you could try Sitar at Kenmore, fairly recently opened. Also one at Kenmore near Video Ezy called something strnage like Schezenhaude (or similar) is much more "Indian" and less western.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.