Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best curry in Brisbane area ?

Best curry in Brisbane area ?

Old Aug 6th 2006, 9:26 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best curry in Brisbane area ?

Can anybody help! I have been here for a while now and they only thing I miss is a really good curry like you get in England. I have searched high and low but not found anything great.

Has anybody found a really good curry in these parts and if so do share
Old Aug 6th 2006, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best curry in Brisbane area ?

Originally Posted by themerlin
Can anybody help! I have been here for a while now and they only thing I miss is a really good curry like you get in England. I have searched high and low but not found anything great.

Spice Avenue, Birkdale , Bayside ( worth a trip if your not close)
Old Aug 6th 2006, 9:36 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
Spice Avenue, Birkdale , Bayside ( worth a trip if your not close)

Yeh,

I'd vouch for them. It's owned by a couple from Wolverhampton I think. Not too sure if they're back in England for a few weeks. PM me and I'll give you the number to call.
Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 6th 2006, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
Yeh,

I'd vouch for them. It's owned by a couple from Wolverhampton I think. Not too sure if they're back in England for a few weeks. PM me and I'll give you the number to call.
Cheers

Ginny

I was at Spice Avenue a few weeks ago and the owner was telling me that he was closing the restaurant for the whole of August as he was going back to the U.K, just in case anyone was thinking of going.There was also a big sign up saying the same.

Cheers

Tony

www.platinumrelocations.com.au
Old Aug 6th 2006, 11:35 pm

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
I was at Spice Avenue a few weeks ago and the owner was telling me that he was closing the restaurant for the whole of August as he was going back to the U.K, just in case anyone was thinking of going.There was also a big sign up saying the same.

Cheers

Tony

Looks like I will have to wait then, thanks for the info !
Old Aug 7th 2006, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Indian Bros at Redcliffe. And Sultans Kitchen, Clayfield and Paddington.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 12:34 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

There's a great Indian place on the Gold Coast - it's under the bridge at the Broadwater (that's the main/only bridge as you drive south from Southport (Gold Coast CBD) to Surfers on the old highway (not the M1). I forget what it's called! but i think it's something like Tandoori Palace. My brother and his gf were only just discussing it - as Aussies we're not that knowledgable on curries (in fact I'd never had one till I moved to Scotland!) but now we know...mmmm...we have a curry night every week or so! You can buy some good 'make your own' in Coles! Yum!
Old Aug 7th 2006, 12:45 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster

Cheers

Tony

I was there for a meal on Friday 4th excellent as usual. We travelled down from Gympie just for the Lamb Jalfrezi Mmmmm.
If you hanker for a curry and cannot find it on the menu just ask, I do, I'm not that keen on chicken and prefer lamb to beef. Well worth a couple of hours drive
Old Aug 7th 2006, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

The Spice Avenue is now back open. We spoke to them yesterday - great food
Old Aug 7th 2006, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Daz has found it difficult to find a decent curry especially coming from Brum - the home of the Balti mile!!!! Bit of a problem when its the meal he used to eat the most! So he has started cooking his own!!!!
kaz x
Old Aug 7th 2006, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Billabong
The Spice Avenue is now back open. We spoke to them yesterday - great food
Cool so is it worth the trip from north lakes? It would be the same distance for us.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 6:10 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Indus at Paddington and Chapel Hill and somewhere on the Gold Coast are very good
Old Aug 7th 2006, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of

I like the sound of this place, i am moving out to Wellington point at the end of August and looking forward to getting a good curry.
Suzanne
Old Aug 7th 2006, 9:12 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Cool so is it worth the trip from north lakes? It would be the same distance for us.
Yes it is - also heard good reports from many people about 'Indian brothers' at Clontarf. Haven't been there myself yet - but it's on the 'to do' list.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by 232Bar
Yes it is - also heard good reports from many people about 'Indian brothers' at Clontarf. Haven't been there myself yet - but it's on the 'to do' list.

Cool, planning a trip this weekend if i can talk the wife into it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.