Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

beginning the process of emmigration help!!

beginning the process of emmigration help!!

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: beginning the process of emmigration help!!

Originally Posted by appyarry
my partner is the higher skilled one (nurse) im a carpenter we were advised to apply for a skill 136 visa and to budget about £3500 pounds does this sound about right?? thanks
HONEST advise.............save yourself a bundle and DIY.....if you are a nurse on the MODL it's as easy as taking a few pictures, getting photocopies, filling in loads of forms.....a quick cough and drop and away you go.....takes months mind you.

I did it DIY for my wife and she is a midwife........so saved £000's on using an agent. As long as there isn't much abnormal in your application (step children under 18.....haven't worked in profession for years, aged over 45....etc) I'd use this forum to research what you are doing and how to fill forms out etc....

Check out how many points you have first just on the wife applying as a skilled independent on a 136 visa.....if you meet the mark then fly solo is my advice.

People on here will help you every step. If your swimming in money, then let some other poor sod do it.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

You can also get alot from the (Australia useful links) at the top of this page its been a huge help to us.

Sue
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Also on [url]www.immi.gov.au there is a book called booklet 6 for Gen Skilled 136 it tells you from start to finishes what you have to do & has a couple of forms that has to be included in DIMIA application hope this helps

Sue ...if you type in the search booklet 6 it will take you to it

Last edited by Sue2; Mar 3rd 2005 at 3:40 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

appyarry will become famous soon enough

thanks ..im going DIY ..she passes easy needs to be assesed i found the address and stuff do we contact the ANC directly or is there a form to fill in and send i cant find one if there is .. john
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

thanks ..im going DIY ..she passes easy needs to be assesed i found the address and stuff do we contact the ANC directly or is there a form to fill in and send i cant find one if there is .. john
Just down load the forms from the ANMC website:
www.anmc.org.au

You can fill these in, send some money, loads of photos and certified copies of certificates and studies followed and then wait.....

You'll be fine if you pass the points.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: beginning the process of emmigration help!!

ok thanks ..got it this`ll get the ball rolling...
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

speaking of money is there a good currency converter about..thanks john
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:22 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Saved £000's ...? Our fees for a skilled visa where the main applicant is a nurse total £800 (plus VAT) ...

Also, I'd not assume that because you found the process straightfoward others will too ...

Best regards.

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
HONEST advise.............save yourself a bundle and DIY.....if you are a nurse on the MODL it's as easy as taking a few pictures, getting photocopies, filling in loads of forms.....a quick cough and drop and away you go.....takes months mind you.

I did it DIY for my wife and she is a midwife........so saved £000's on using an agent. As long as there isn't much abnormal in your application (step children under 18.....haven't worked in profession for years, aged over 45....etc) I'd use this forum to research what you are doing and how to fill forms out etc....

Check out how many points you have first just on the wife applying as a skilled independent on a 136 visa.....if you meet the mark then fly solo is my advice.

People on here will help you every step. If your swimming in money, then let some other poor sod do it.

Last edited by Alan Collett; Mar 3rd 2005 at 9:25 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:23 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

The DIMIA tends to use this one:
www.oanda.com

Best regards.

speaking of money is there a good currency converter about..thanks john