Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BEENLEIGH AREA, QUEENSLAND

BEENLEIGH AREA, QUEENSLAND

Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default BEENLEIGH AREA, QUEENSLAND

Heared mixed reviews about Beenleigh area, good and mainly bad as I may have a job offer there. Not just talking about Beenleigh but also surrounding area.
Whats it really like to live, not worried about working there?
Dont mind commuting approx 30 mins so what other areas can I consider living to keep 2 teenagers happy? Pacific pines comes to mind, would appreciate any other suggestions within commuting distance to Beenleigh
gary
Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

seanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to all
Default Re: BEENLEIGH AREA, QUEENSLAND

Hi

Have driven thru Beenleigh and passed thru on the train and it isnt somewhere I would choose to live, but each to their own.

It does have a train station however so this does widen your options, Pacific Pines is popular (Helensvale closest train station, Coomera has a station which is two stops away from Beenleigh.)

I would look around Pac Pines, Coomera and Coomera Waters where I live is nice but I dont think there is enough to entertain 2 teenagers.

Ormeau is ok too and that is one stop away from Beenleigh in this direction.

Hope this helps.

Sean
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

They have a nice theatre there - been heaps of times for the Beenleigh Eisteddfod when my girls have danced there...........but I certainly keep the car doors locked.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

take it on board
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:30 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Beenleigh for a few months before returning to the UK (reason for returning had nothing to do with Beenleigh) and I have family who have lived there for many years.
It isn't as bad as people on here make out. I found the locals really friendly and there is a nice community feel to it, but there is nothing for teenagers to do there really apart from sporty stuff. There is an open air pool, tennis courts,Ten pin bowling, 2 x Golf courses, Park, Theatre company, Gymnastics, Karate, Netball, Soccer, Basketball, Rugby League, Dancing classes. Each year they have a Gumball Rally type thing with fairground and fireworks - great fun!
There is good shopping facilities and as it's right beside the M1 motorway, there's easy access to both Brisbane CBD and Surfers (both about 40 mins outside of rush hour). The train station in Beenleigh runs regularly both up and down the coast.
The high school in town is Beenleigh High. My 2 youngest (15 and 16 at the time) both went there and settled in immediately.
I believe there is money being poured into the town at the moment so hopefully its reputation will improve.
Other nearby areas to look at are Mount Warren Park, Windaroo, Taneh Merah and Shailer Park. These areas are all close to the Hyperdome shopping mall about which is about 10 mins drive from Beenleigh. The mall is huge and has a multi screen cinema.
Pacific Pines is about a 20 minute drive south and in between PP and Beenleigh you have Ormeau, Coomera, Helensvale and Oxenford. I have friends who have 2 teenage boys in Oxenford and they love it there.
Had we stayed in Australia, I probably wouldn't have stayed in Beenleigh but only because of the limited nightlife for teenagers - no other reason.
If you need any more info, just ask.

Julie. x
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:50 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by garyp
Heared mixed reviews about Beenleigh area, good and mainly bad as I may have a job offer there. Not just talking about Beenleigh but also surrounding area.
Dont mind commuting approx 30 mins so what other areas can I consider living to keep 2 teenagers happy? Pacific pines comes to mind, would appreciate any other suggestions within commuting distance to Beenleigh
gary
I had to drive to Beenleigh during work times once, and it took me 25 minutes from my part of the Bayside. But public transport would be more like 90 minutes.

Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks for info
Old Aug 27th 2009, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyp
gary
Hi,

From what I have heard Beenleigh itself is a bit of a mixed area. I was working a few minutes from there at Loganholme and now at Shailer Park and live down at Upper Coomera. I would say if you are working in Beenleigh, there are lots of nice areas you could live around the area, and it is very easy access from suburbs further south such as Helensvale, Pac Pines, Coomera etc. There are also nice suburbs closer to Loganholme, such as Mount Cotton but this area doesnt really have shops on the doorstep so depends what you are looking for.

If you are looking at Pacific Pines then you will not have any problems travelling up the motorway each day

Julia
Old Aug 27th 2009, 7:30 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't want to live there personally.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

An alternative to living south would be to live near the water in either Redland Bay or Victoria Point, which are on the southern end of the Redlands Bayside area. Both are good suburbs with good buslinks.

Good luck

Love

Rudi
x