Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Been in Melbourne now since 8/12/04

Been in Melbourne now since 8/12/04

Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: Been in Melbourne now since 8/12/04

Originally Posted by 65 million
I'll THIRD it!
4th!

Oh and where is Dandenong by the way ?!?
Old Mar 27th 2005, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

cypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jim2004
4th!

I won't fourth that.... The Dandenongs are beautiful and when you get 40degree heat in the summer its always a few degrees cooler. Lush and green with even the odd English boozer thrown in for good measure. Probably not much work there though. Great place to visit
Old Mar 27th 2005, 12:16 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cypry
I won't fourth that.... The Dandenongs are beautiful and when you get 40degree heat in the summer its always a few degrees cooler. Lush and green with even the odd English boozer thrown in for good measure. Probably not much work there though. Great place to visit

Yeah but theres a BIG differance between "Dandenong" & "The Dandenongs"
Old Mar 27th 2005, 12:42 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happylad
Hi,

Is this the same all across the board, or are there certain fields that are more employable than others?
cheers.
Depends on skills, qualifications and experience. For info on vacancies , trends, etc check this site out:

http://jobsearch.gov.au/default.aspx...e=0&TextOnly=0
Old Mar 27th 2005, 12:44 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

4th!

out in the bloody styx somewhere past melbourne LOL
Old Mar 27th 2005, 12:49 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kiwichild
nice! .............. ish, altho THE Dandenongs does sound nice

I spose that's in Darwin or the other side of the island somewhere! ...lol
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:09 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Dandenong is Melbournes second largest city, according to the signs (Yes thats right, cities are a bit different over here). It is a scuss hole of the first degree.

The Dandenongs are an area of outstanding beauty to the South East of Melbourne. There are many beautiful spots up there that if you are feeling homesick you can go to and it sought of reminds you why you are here. The lookout at Olinda is one of my favourites.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:10 am
Banned

Originally Posted by HUP
Dandenong is Melbournes second largest city, according to the signs (Yes thats right, cities are a bit different over here). It is a scuss hole of the first degree.

The Dandenongs are an area of outstanding beauty to the South East of Melbourne. There are many beautiful spots up there that if you are feeling homesick you can go to and it sought of reminds you why you are here. The lookout at Olinda is one of my favourites.
Your reply has been very illuminating to one who has never been to the fair city of Melbourne. Cheers
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:13 am
Banned

nice! .............. ish, altho THE Dandenongs does sound nice

I spose that's in Darwin or the other side of the island somewhere! ...lol
See the reply by HUP?
Don't forget to check for the "S" at the end when doing the touristy thing
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by HUP

Both on par with each other then

Ok, ta
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:15 am
Banned

Both on par with each other then

Ok, ta
LOL Jim 2004
Old Mar 27th 2005, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Princess_atta has a spectacular aura aboutPrincess_atta has a spectacular aura aboutPrincess_atta has a spectacular aura about

HA HA HA!!!!!! It's ok, we've already been warned about Dandenong. My God it must be a bloody awful place judging by people's reactions to the name. Tell me more>>>>>

We're looking at towns on the coast but within a short communte i.e. Mordialloc, Mentone etc. etc. We have to be in a place with a little life as I have a toddler so children's groups are a must. The back ar$e of beyond is out there then.

Any advice would be more than welcome, especially considering we're going to be flying on 15th April .....

In particular we'd like a recommendation on a holiday park for the first couple of weeks of our stay.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

cypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Been in Melbourne now since 8/12/04

Originally Posted by Princess_atta
HA HA HA!!!!!! It's ok, we've already been warned about Dandenong. My God it must be a bloody awful place judging by people's reactions to the name. Tell me more>>>>>

We're looking at towns on the coast but within a short communte i.e. Mordialloc, Mentone etc. etc. We have to be in a place with a little life as I have a toddler so children's groups are a must. The back ar$e of beyond is out there then.

Any advice would be more than welcome, especially considering we're going to be flying on 15th April .....

In particular we'd like a recommendation on a holiday park for the first couple of weeks of our stay.
Hi Princess,
We'll be going in August and we have two littleuns. Mordialloc is very nice and close to everything. We have been looking at that area (close to the in-laws too) Mentone, Parkdale, Cheltenham,Highett there all nice. Visit www.realestate.com.au for a look at rentals in those areas. Don't know about holiday parks though, is that while you get settled in?
Cheers
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:09 am
JJ

JJ will become famous soon enoughJJ will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 65 million
Hi All,

Some old timer posters may remember me, its been a while since ive had chance to post.

Basically we have moved into a unit in Cranbourne East and doing any casual work we can to tick over. The biggest thing that shocked me here is how difficult it is even to get a very average job. There are simply hundreds of people applying for pretty much everything advertised.
I don't mean to put people off, I just thought you ought to know what our experiences have been. Ive been working as a printers assistant at a place called Koo-Wee-Rup, way down in the southern end of Melbourne. I have been starting at 6am - 3pm for $19 per hour. The company notified everyone while I was working there that they were closing down and have done so this easter.
Since last week my wife and I have done some Apple Picking near Pakenham for $15 per hour. I feel like I'm on a working holiday now. The orchard is a lovely place to bee, but back breaking work.
Please anyone reading this just be aware jobs are HARD to come by and you have to be flexible and do what you can till (hopefully) you find what you want.
Good luck!
Our agents mentioned we may be better off going on a working holiday visa then trying to get employer to countersign a fresh visa application saying the really need me (or her). any idea on how accomadating employers are with this aspect. thanks
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice

No offence Jody, but you'd have to be pretty bloody special for someone to do that (though it is perfectly possible I suppose). You have to remember that employers can pick up an employee at the click of their fingers. From their point of view it probably wouldnt be worth doing unless you really do offer a skill they just can't get locally ( I think they also have to prove that to immigration!). - sorry.

Originally Posted by Jody+Jo
Our agents mentioned we may be better off going on a working holiday visa then trying to get employer to countersign a fresh visa application saying the really need me (or her). any idea on how accomadating employers are with this aspect. thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.