Old Dec 5th 2003, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

ive been playing golf since i was 13 and now im 30

id be glad to give you some tips be in your area from 12 dec

bussie
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mark, we're in Mandurah, looking forward to spending our 2nd Christmas here, although it just doesn't feel Christmassy at all (too hot for one thing!).

We've noticed Mandurah getting busier in the short time that we've been here, it must have looked so much different for you 5 years ago.

Will be taking the kids down to watch the Christmas Pageant on Tuesday 9th, 5:30pm onwards, at the Foreshore. Also looking forward to the New Year Fiesta there, at least this year we might bump into someone we know! It felt odd last year, wandering around, not knowing a soul, while everyone else seemed to be with big groups of family and friends.

Any new (and lonely?) expats to the area are welcome to join up with us to sing Auld Lang Syne in true pommie style, have a few beers etc., send me a PM and we'll organise a meeting point. The events begin around 7pm on the Eastern Foreshore.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

markaren is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jacqui
Hi Mark, we're in Mandurah, looking forward to spending our 2nd Christmas here, although it just doesn't feel Christmassy at all (too hot for one thing!).

We've noticed Mandurah getting busier in the short time that we've been here, it must have looked so much different for you 5 years ago.

Will be taking the kids down to watch the Christmas Pageant on Tuesday 9th, 5:30pm onwards, at the Foreshore. Also looking forward to the New Year Fiesta there, at least this year we might bump into someone we know! It felt odd last year, wandering around, not knowing a soul, while everyone else seemed to be with big groups of family and friends.

Any new (and lonely?) expats to the area are welcome to join up with us to sing Auld Lang Syne in true pommie style, have a few beers etc., send me a PM and we'll organise a meeting point. The events begin around 7pm on the Eastern Foreshore.

Good to hear from people living here, no what you mean the first year you are here you feel like a bit of a spare part, the only building inthe industrial estate when we first arrived was bunnings now its a bustling estate, there was no shpping centre at meadow springs, wished we had videod it now, and once the train is here will make things a lot easier to get tp perth.

would have loved to meet up but we will be in perth with my wifes brothers family, perhaps nearer xmas, where abouts do you live, we are in silversands
Old Dec 5th 2003, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

people back home would say the aussie will hate you when you get there, well what a load of crap every aussie I have seen has been friendly and helpfull
I find your actual Aussie is very nice very friendly down to earth and say it as it is.

The pain in the butt are the Brits who came here in the 70s, very racist, and very superficial. Probably shouldnt generalise but thats way it always seems to be.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 5:15 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough
Default There is life down under

So nice to get some more pozi vibes about the south of the world

Keep all post coming read all with avid inter.

W.A. sounds great dont it?
Old Dec 5th 2003, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

markaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: There is life down under

Originally posted by Bed Of Roses
So nice to get some more pozi vibes about the south of the world

Keep all post coming read all with avid inter.

W.A. sounds great dont it?
took us 3 years to finally get the go ahead,got all the points the first time and just before it got approved they put the points up,which meant bye bye to that application and had to submitt another altogether I think we spent about 3000.00 pounds over the 3 years as well as a few trees in paperwork then when we got out visa we had 2 months to move thats sell the house arrange movers and get on the plane but its been woth it
Old Dec 6th 2003, 1:18 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hi markaren,

my hubby does play golf but is by no means a pro at all.he has brought his clubs but not used them yet so im sure he would like a game sometime..pm me and i'll give you details of where we are!he says that the golf course at port kennedy is beautiful and would love to have a game on there!