Bedding

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:47 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Pollyana
:scared: :scared:

Just what I needed after a hard day at the slave farm - a thread that has me roaring with laughter!! No wonder Aussies think we are nuts, having a discussion like this on loo paper!
Interesting that no-one can answer the question "What is the point on one-ply paper?"
Look, every bushy knows that the supply of toilet paper is finite and to be used sparingly. 'Cos if yer run out it's down to cigarette papers. And if they get low, yer fold 'em in quarters 'n tear out the middle to clean under yer finger nails when yer dun.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 10:54 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the price of pillows I used to only use pillows made by dunlopillows in the uk but cant find them here... they were about £25 in the uk and I wish I had brought mine with me cos I havent found any to match here in nz and wake up with a stiff neck or a numb arm practically every morning
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:51 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sheridan bedding

Originally posted by JackTheLad
Mark my dear, you are obviously shopping at the wrong place! Any good quality bedding should have a label stating the thread count. If it says Cotton Sateen and it's 100 % cotton, the thread count is very often 250+.

And you can open or ask to open and feel it! Of course I'm talking about the good shops that don't mind you doing it!

Mrs JTL
Well it's been a while, good quality bedding lasts a long time. And of course it's going to be 100% cotton, wouldn't dream of buying anything else, got my nose buried under it for a third of my life. Got to be a good mattress too. Come to think of it, why is nobody debating mattress prices here?
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:56 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Got to be a good mattress too. Come to think of it, why is nobody debating mattress prices here?
Seeing as how I started something else earlier here (but wish I hadn't)

Sleepmaker Miracoil 5 Double Bed or Queen Size Mattress $699

Sealy Posturepedic Health Plus DB or QS Mattress $399

Serta Perfect Night Elite Wool DB or QS Mattress $$1,369

These are Mattress prices only, not ensembles.

edit: When you get here you will find out how many advertising leaflets, booklets, magazines etc get posted into your letterbox every day.
Enough to arm someone with all the info needed to answer almost every question raised here

Last edited by ABCDiamond; Jul 2nd 2004 at 11:59 am.

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG

:scared:

Was gonna buy both the boys a double bed, think I have changed my mind!!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 12:09 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by S Oldfield
OMG

:scared:

Was gonna buy both the boys a double bed, think I have changed my mind!!
You can get them cheaper !!

http://www.fortywinks.com.au are "always" having a 48 hour sale.

Also Capt'n Snooze

and the :
Sealy Posturepedic Health Plus DB or QS Ensemble is $649

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
You can get them cheaper !!

http://www.fortywinks.com.au are "always" having a 48 hour sale.

Also Capt'n Snooze

and the :
Sealy Posturepedic Health Plus DB or QS Ensemble is $649

I have seen matresses in a shop in Perth called Furniture Bazaar for much less

$199 - Single Slumber Sleep Matress
$299 - Double Slumber Sleep Matress
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 1:26 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

I would reccomend Ikea Mattresses. We had them in the UK and have bought two here. A queen size cost $495 it is the best one they do. We bought a double for the spare room which was the middle of the range for $245

They come with a ten year guarentee.

Jo

God its raining again outside!!!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 4:23 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by darkless
Finally, I agree with some of the comments above regarding front loaders - they range from $449 to $1799 in Good Guys. What looks like a reasonable washer (LG 7.5kg front loader) is $849, which when you take off the 12% cash discount is about $750. If you are setting up house using UK pounds, then that is basically around the £300 mark. Why bother buying a washer in the UK just to ship to OZ - you are paying for shipping when there is no point, plus you will have no warranty etc on the product.

Just my thoughts after reading this thread.
Hiya darkless,
Andrew agrees with you totally on this issue and is putting his foot down and saying no way to a new washer to take with us. We have a while yet, I may still get my way.

Sarah
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 9:49 am
ABCDiamond

Just seen Sheridan sheets advertised on TV.

at PillowTalk.....

Yes, I watch TV whilst at the computer
(at least the adverts, i don't bother with the programs}

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:01 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Seeing as how I started something else earlier here (but wish I hadn't)

Sleepmaker Miracoil 5 Double Bed or Queen Size Mattress $699

Sealy Posturepedic Health Plus DB or QS Mattress $399

Serta Perfect Night Elite Wool DB or QS Mattress $$1,369

These are Mattress prices only, not ensembles.

edit: When you get here you will find out how many advertising leaflets, booklets, magazines etc get posted into your letterbox every day.
Enough to arm someone with all the info needed to answer almost every question raised here

Hiya ABC,
Got any prices on waterbeds by any chance. We have decided not to bring ours as it is 5 years old. Matress only guaranteed for 10 so better to just buy new when we find a house. Cheers
Sarah
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:23 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by teach
Hiya ABC,
Got any prices on waterbeds by any chance. We have decided not to bring ours as it is 5 years old. Matress only guaranteed for 10 so better to just buy new when we find a house. Cheers
Sarah
Well we have just bought a King size soft sided water bed with everything included for under $900. But then she had to buy all new bedding........ OUCH

Siren's better half
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Don't buy a water bed, the rubber vulcanizes in the heat.

Hahahahahahah got ya there.... what's all this with water beds anyhow?
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

piglit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bedding

I have recently arrived in SA and had to buy all new bedding and found it to be very expensive so if I was you I would bring your own.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Bedding

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Have got the chance to get some really nice new bedding.

Is it worth it or is it quite cheap in Perth.
Looking at double quilts, and covers, curtains etc
We just went into Safeway today and all their duvets and covers are half price, I've just kitted out 4 double beds for under £100.

Lindsey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.