Wikiposts

Bedding

Old Jul 1st 2004, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheridan bedding

Originally posted by kelli28
i'v just bought some sheridan in the sale reduced from £65 to £29 for duvet covers and £19 to £7.95 for 2 pillowcases and its very nice

Bloodyhell, should be nice for those prices!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 12:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Bloodyhell, should be nice for those prices!!!!!!!!
Hate to tell you this Sandra but them's Aussie type prices!! My Bloke bought himself a new pillow last week, just an ordinary bed pillow, not the dirt cheap sort, but the sort that stays plump for a little while - in the UK I might have coughed up between £5 & £7 for it, he paid $40!!!! Stunned? I collapsed on it in shock!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 7:32 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by topcat
Assuming you mean the clothes fabric softener, I hope you are bringing your washing machine. The only way to add f/s to my (cheap ozzie) top loader is to stand over it and add the softener by hand at the relevant moment... So no softener for me, more concerned with actually persuading it to get the clothes clean first time around

Hiya topcat,
nope not bringing frontloader, it's fitted in my kitchen and is part of the house sale. Thought about buying another to bring but will then have to pay tax on it.

Sarah
Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by teach
Hiya topcat,
nope not bringing frontloader, it's fitted in my kitchen and is part of the house sale. Thought about buying another to bring but will then have to pay tax on it.

Sarah
Argh!! get a new one and bring it!! We have a supposedly good top loader. A third of the washing has to be redone each time cos its still dirty or streaked with powder. The clothes get stretched and battered from being pummelled by the paddles. And you have that problem with adding conditioner. I hate the thing, oh for an efficient front-loader (very expensive here). The worst bit is taking something out and finding its as grubby as when it went in.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 10:10 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Pollyana
Bloke bought himself a new pillow last week, just an ordinary bed pillow, not the dirt cheap sort, but the sort that stays plump for a little while - in the UK I might have coughed up between £5 & £7 for it, he paid $40!!!! Stunned? I collapsed on it in shock!
Well I wouldn't touch a crappy £5-7 pillow with a bargepole (or my head). A decent pillow costs more like £15 upwards, so $40 sounds about right. You spend maybe a third of your life with your head there so it makes no sense to skimp. (Don't tell me, that's what he said too!)
Old Jul 1st 2004, 10:18 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by JackTheLad
I wish men would appreciate good quality bedding like us! There's a huge difference between 120 and 250 thread counts! And yes, the coordination of all linens too...
And just how is anyone supposed to assess the quality when it's all wrapped up in cellophane and it doesn't have the thread count on the label, eh? Pah.

Can't be bothered with a separate post, but... yes, Quilton is great stuff, better than the equivalent UK stuff IMHO, so don't assume all Aussie loo roll is (ha ha) crap. Of course it's not cheap, but loo roll is something I'm not prepared to skimp on (guess why).

Last edited by MarkMyWords; Jul 1st 2004 at 10:20 am.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
And just how is anyone supposed to assess the quality when it's all wrapped up in cellophane and it doesn't have the thread count on the label, eh? Pah.
Mark my dear, you are obviously shopping at the wrong place! Any good quality bedding should have a label stating the thread count. If it says Cotton Sateen and it's 100 % cotton, the thread count is very often 250+.

And you can open or ask to open and feel it! Of course I'm talking about the good shops that don't mind you doing it!

Mrs JTL
Old Jul 1st 2004, 4:28 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Hate to tell you this Sandra but them's Aussie type prices!! My Bloke bought himself a new pillow last week, just an ordinary bed pillow, not the dirt cheap sort, but the sort that stays plump for a little while - in the UK I might have coughed up between £5 & £7 for it, he paid $40!!!! Stunned? I collapsed on it in shock!
One for the bargain hunters.. or cheapskates . 100% cotton white and they have a beige sort of colour sheets in at the Warehouse ( a nice quality shop..lol) .. bought some of these too normally I'm a bit wary of buying things from there as their bed linen is really cr*p polyester thin sh*te... I usually just go in there to buy all my candles... much to hubby's dismay. ( he keeps chucking them out.. they seem to go mysteriously missing) , bloody philistine( mind you I seem to have tons of the things) .. anyway, the cotton sheets seem ok, not too thin and not too thick either, nice for the coming summer .. haven't put them on the bed , but I have opened them up. only $39 a set ( QB, one fitted, one flat and two cases) . Think they are new stock in, as I've never seen them sell 100% cotton sheets in there before... hurry bargain shoppers they may sell out, if not already.. bought them last sunday.should have bought some more.. re-packaged them with a brand name, set myself up a stall and sell them at triple the price to people wanting designer sheets
Just tell the "bloke" they are designer sheets, to go with his designer pillow.. he'll never know the diff.

P.s Or, why don't you test to see if he knows the difference between his $40 pillow and say a cheap pillow at $10 etc.. go buy a new cheap pillow which looks like his , take the little tag off his, sew it on to the new cheap one and pop it back to his side of the bed.. if he can't tell --- well , just goes to show some people think that a price tag always means quality .. Oh I'ma mean, sneaky person.. but that's what I would do..lol - it keeps them on their toes.. if he does notice the diff.. you just say, see that $40 pillow wasn't worth the money you spent.. my cheap pillow is still ( his ex pillow which you are happily using now ) is so lovely, plump and comfortable.. it's a win win situation for you

cheers

P.s this is also good for wine snobs too.. and it works, I've tried it on a few occasions . the mind is wonderfully deceived some times.. a bit like the placebo effect.

Always reminds me of that test someone did a couple of years back.. got a chimp to paint an abstract painting (London I think it was).. well when I say paint, I mean he splashed paints at a canvas .. hung it in a gallery saying it was so-so famous artist, and the people stood there and admired it, and came out with loads of b*llux about the meanings hidden in the abstract.lol. emperors clothing fable it always reminds me of.

Last edited by Ceri; Jul 1st 2004 at 5:05 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:09 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Larissa
It's because Manchester was the home of cotton mills etc. historically, the name must have stook/stuck.

Finally makes sense non of my aussie mates knew. They did get annoyed at me when I questioned why they called it that!!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:17 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Argh!! get a new one and bring it!! We have a supposedly good top loader. A third of the washing has to be redone each time cos its still dirty or streaked with powder. The clothes get stretched and battered from being pummelled by the paddles. And you have that problem with adding conditioner. I hate the thing, oh for an efficient front-loader (very expensive here). The worst bit is taking something out and finding its as grubby as when it went in.

They are expensive we paid $1300 for our front loader its an Asko. Decided we may as well get a good make. I think its Swedish and its the most environmentally friendlt 4 star energy efficient and 4 star water. We spent more on a good washer and didn't get a dryer as the spin would be enough to get a lot of the water out of the clothes.

Much better than the toploader we had in the rental place. It never got the clothes clean and had powder all over the clothes

Jo
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:39 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

[i]so don't assume all Aussie loo roll is (ha ha) crap. Of course it's not cheap, but loo roll is something I'm not prepared to skimp on (guess why).
oh yes it is !!!!
im going to go out and buy a big pack of Dr Whites just to wipe my bum.

hope they are not as rough as the loo roll or all u ladies are in trouble
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:51 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by soapy
oh yes it is !!!!
im going to go out and buy a big pack of Dr Whites just to wipe my bum.

hope they are not as rough as the loo roll or all u ladies are in trouble
you'll find it an expensive alternative to bog roll ..lol

My gawd .. I can not believe people are talking about bog roll. I knew someone once who used nothing but those jay cloths ( kitchen cloth things) instead of toilet paper ( it was actually when I was in hospital.. girl in the next bed was really ill about 6 stone if that ) .. apparently they were soft to use.. it didn't drag her skin.. everything hurt her if it was too rough
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:54 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ceri
you'll find it an expensive alternative to bog roll ..lol

My gawd .. I can not believe people are talking about bog roll. I knew someone once who used nothing but those jay cloths instead of toilet paper ( it was actually when I was in hospital.. girl in the next bed was really ill about 6 stone if that ) .. apparently they were soft to use.. it didn't drag her skin.. everything hurt her if it was too rough
A JAY CLOTH !!!!!!!!
:scared:
oh and u cant put a price on your bum
soft and skint, thats the new way to go for me
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:57 pm
ABCDiamond

Myers have a BOSH 6kg front loader for $859. We got a 7kg LG one for a bit under $800. Much, much, much better than top loaders!

Old Jul 1st 2004, 6:00 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Myers have a BOSH 6kg front loader for $859. We got a 7kg LG one for a bit under $800. Much, much, much better than top loaders!
and its really great at getting the dirt out of JAY CLOTHS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.