Bedding

Old Jun 30th 2004, 2:21 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bedding

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Have got the chance to get some really nice new bedding.

Is it worth it or is it quite cheap in Perth.
Looking at double quilts, and covers, curtains etc
Have heard that bedding is expensive, well in Perth anyway.

Is that right about duvets and pillows? Do they need to be cleaned before shipping?

Ta

Walla
Old Jun 30th 2004, 2:26 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
My Bloke always puts a sheet on the bed as well as the doona - very odd.
My mum still does that, and it's an Australian thing, not Dutch.
I think 2 reasons:
1. You dont have to wash the whole doona cover very often, just the sheet!
2. In the summer, you can go to sleep with just the sheet, later when it cools off, pull the doona over you....

Old Jun 30th 2004, 4:00 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

All - especially those of you out there already -

Are beds the same sizes in Oz as the UK? I mean - are my fitted sheets for a british King size bed going to fit a bed over there? Dont want to ship them for nothing.....

W.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 4:20 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Wanderlust
All - especially those of you out there already -

Are beds the same sizes in Oz as the UK? I mean - are my fitted sheets for a british King size bed going to fit a bed over there? Dont want to ship them for nothing.....

W.
Aussie bed sizes:

Queen: 6'6" long x 5' wide
Double: 6'2" long x 4'6" wide.

So pretty similar, though beware that an Oz Queen is a Uk King (as it were).

Pillows are the same size.

Bedlinen (called Manchester over there) is variable in price/quality. However I bought a duvet/pillowcase set for about 20 quid in Grace Bros (Sydney) sale. Look out for Christopher Vine designs - reasonable quality cotton, nice colorful stuff, not too chintzy.

Anya.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Question is, will we need quilts in Cairns? It is supposed to be bloody hot for most of the time.

Mandy
Old Jun 30th 2004, 4:50 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by scrawni
Question is, will we need quilts in Cairns? It is supposed to be bloody hot for most of the time.

Mandy

You won't even need clothes in Cairns Mandy never mind quilts.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 5:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Why on earth is bedlinen called Manchester
Old Jun 30th 2004, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bordy
You won't even need clothes in Cairns Mandy never mind quilts.
That's shocking :scared:
Old Jun 30th 2004, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by moneypen20
Why on earth is bedlinen called Manchester
It's because Manchester was the home of cotton mills etc. historically, the name must have stook/stuck.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 6:01 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Larissa
It's because Manchester was the home of cotton mills etc. historically, the name must have stook/stuck.

Your not just a pretty face Larissa
Old Jun 30th 2004, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

<falls off chair>

Can I have some of what you're drinking Bordy?
Old Jun 30th 2004, 6:15 am
The Godfather

Originally posted by Larissa
<falls off chair>

Can I have some of what you're drinking Bordy?
LOL, Its 4.15am & finished my work, just passing time till 5am then I'm off home to my nice warm bed.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 8:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bedding

Originally posted by walla1
Have heard that bedding is expensive, well in Perth anyway.

Is that right about duvets and pillows? Do they need to be cleaned before shipping?

Ta

Walla
To back track a little - no, you wouldn't have to clean them. Not sure if you have to declare feathers? Have to check the AQIS form, if any of the stuff is feather-filled, but otherwise, just pack it as it is.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 8:57 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

I swear by Dunelm. Have towels, bedding, curtains etc all at reasonable prices and not bad quality. Will be doing a shopping trip before packers come. New quilts can also be bought there but I bought the last one from IKEA. It is great, really heavy but only cost around £20 for a king. Going to pack a few bottles of comfort too. Anyone know if you can buy it in Oz, if not what is the closest match you have found.
Sarah
Old Jun 30th 2004, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sheridan bedding

Has anyone heard of a bedding brand "Sheridan"? It's supposedly an Australian brand and they do sheets, duvets, duvel covers, etc, and the quality isn't bad. Is "Sheridan" not available in Australia or are some of these products for export only? I've seen their products in many places outside Australia but not in Australia - that might be because I was never looking for bedding while I was visiting.

Mrs JTL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.