Beaches

Old May 5th 2003, 9:43 am
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

Tina

Just scroll down to the ATTACH FILE window at the bottom of the screen when you're posting or replying. Browse for the pic, and Bob's yer Uncle!

Regards

Andy

Originally posted by tinaj
Keep the pictures coming they are great!
Let us all know how to post piccies, we need a tutorial. Is anyone offering??
Old May 5th 2003, 12:28 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beaches

Bondi?

Ah yes, the beach where my mate trod on a syringe and had to wait a few weeks while his HIV & hepetitis tests came back. And the beach with all the human excrement floating about in the water.

I've just come back from the Cape Range National Park, the beaches here were pristine, step off them and you're swimming over coral reef. I saw turtles, loads of fish and a 4 metre Leopard shark.

Takes a couple of days to get there though. Any one of Perth's beaches beats Bondi, hands down.

Dan

Originally posted by Gavin B
I saw a survey the other day and it was a search for the world's best beach.

The winner was Waikiki Beach, Hawaii, while runner-up was Bondi.

Now, call me cynical, but I doubt Bondi is the finest beach Australia has to offer.

My wife and I are emigrating to Brisbane in November - anyone have any discoveries or beaches in that area which we should definitely visit? I'm assuming a trip up to the Whitsunday's might be in order...

I await your suggestions and tips eagerly!
Old May 5th 2003, 11:58 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default paradise

Originally posted by PeteY
Yea i went fishing on the coorong a few years ago, joined at tee tree crossing and then saw next to noone for about 25 ks Think i was lucky....its not normally quite that quiet

Good fishing tho, if thats your thing. Biiiiiiiig Mulloway.
So pete you,ve been to paradise ,as well[fishun that is] we cross at ti-tree aswell but you have to wait on the water level, 42 mile is a better option , but you have to kick out all your passengers to get over the first sand hill,......we got a 42kg mull.y one night , then the brother got on to a 3kg sandy flat head , in the excitement he forgot about the poison spine behind the gills, next day had a hand like a base ball glove, a few anti hist,ts later he was ok ,but stuffed up a good week end, if you saw people down there, you must have gone on a long weekend?.........MM
Old May 6th 2003, 12:32 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

42kg mully

Thats pretty impressive. Biggest i saw was about 20, biggest i landed was 6kg at the mouth of the glenelg on the vic/sa border.

Would'nt want to get stuck by a flatty either. I could'nt believe it when a mate showed me how vicious that little spike is.

Great fish, can't wait to have another crack at a biggie on the coorong.

Ahhh yes, and somthing else i miss about the coorong Buying coorong mullet for dinner on the way home from policeman point gas station

My inlaws live in mount gambier, so ive fished my way around the south coast quite a bit. Great fishing around the area, even sitting on the little jetty at Port Mac beats anything we have over here hands down.

Really am looking forward to combing back ! Roll on november i say
Old May 6th 2003, 12:59 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

42kg mully

Thats pretty impressive. Biggest i saw was about 20, biggest i landed was 6kg at the mouth of the glenelg on the vic/sa border.

Would'nt want to get stuck by a flatty either. I could'nt believe it when a mate showed me how vicious that little spike is.

Ahhh yes, and somthing else i miss about the coorong Buying coorong mullet for dinner on the way home from policeman point gas station

My inlaws live in mount gambier, so ive fished my way around the south coast quite a bit. Great fishing around the area, even sitting on the little jetty at Port Mac beats anything we have over here hands down.

PORT MACDONELD , jetty when the swells running equals wet arse.......... bet you cant wait to get in to some port mac ,CRAYS, [LOBSTERS]..........MM:
Old May 6th 2003, 1:04 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Yeah the crays are gorgeous. Our old neighbour had a licence for cray fishing (recreational), think is was two a day, or two a week. somthing like that anyway. He used to give us one every now and again. tasty !
Old May 6th 2003, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Andy_Hanrahan
Tina

Just scroll down to the ATTACH FILE window at the bottom of the screen when you're posting or replying. Browse for the pic, and Bob's yer Uncle!

Regards

Andy

Thanks Andy
My new PC arrives tommorrow complete with digital camera, I will have fun trying to post with my new gadget!
Old May 6th 2003, 8:31 am
Banned

Default big mully

42kg mully

oop,s forgot about metrics, should of read, 42pound, my brother tells me the national record for mullys is 42.5KG, THAT CAME FROM THE COORONG.........nice pub at policemans point........MM
Old May 6th 2003, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Andy_Hanrahan
Even though we're going to Queensland, one of the best beaches I came across was Blueys, on the road to Northern New South Wales. I won't be any more specific than that about the location! Unspoilt, uncrowded and Idyllic. Bring it on!!

Andy
Andy you found it too pure bliss we stopped at Blueys stayed for a couple of days couldn't resist, slept by the beach swimming at 6am keep it a secret!!

Cazz
Old Sep 19th 2003, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

weefi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Gavin B
I saw a survey the other day and it was a search for the world's best beach.

The winner was Waikiki Beach, Hawaii, while runner-up was Bondi.

Now, call me cynical, but I doubt Bondi is the finest beach Australia has to offer.

My wife and I are emigrating to Brisbane in November - anyone have any discoveries or beaches in that area which we should definitely visit? I'm assuming a trip up to the Whitsunday's might be in order...

I await your suggestions and tips eagerly!
Hi
Just stumbled across this post!
I have to say Bondi wasn't what I expected at all but then I'd been spoilt by the Queensland beaches.Whitsundays v expensive and bit touristy for me! My favourite by far was Rainbow Beach,about 3hr drive north of Brissy,you really need a 4wd to get to it but it's worth it,banks of multi-coloured sand and not a tourist trap yet. I might be spending New Year there! You look over to Fraser Island and Double Island is another stunner.
Plenty to choose from in Queensland.
Good luck
Fi

Brisvegas Dec
Old Sep 19th 2003, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Bondi is a pretty naff beach. Much smaller than you expect. It is pretty hip and happening with little cafes along the front. But no way is is the 2nd best beach in the world!!
Old Sep 19th 2003, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just loved the beach at Kalbarri, (WA) no idea what it was like for surfing or swimming etc. but it just looked perfect, boats, waves, pelicans, sand, rocks. Wish I had taken a pic now.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 10:11 am
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Originally posted by SteveBannister
If anybody knows of any quiet areas around Adelaide I will be grateful. I'm looking for a house close to the beach (I know most houses are fairly close to the beach but I mean CLOSE to the beach) between Brighton and Semaphore as I'm still not decided on an area yet.
I don't know where Semaphore is, but I went to a bike shop in Port Noarlunga yesterday and had a quick look at the area. It's close to the beach, well established neighbourhoods, looks nice and is close to the shops in Noarlunga, 10 mins to the Southern Expressway, 25 mins from Marion shopping mall and 40min tops to the CBD.

Worth a look. If I needed to work in the city I'd check it out.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 10:59 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by renth
Bondi?

Ah yes, the beach where my mate trod on a syringe and had to wait a few weeks while his HIV & hepetitis tests came back. And the beach with all the human excrement floating about in the water.

I've just come back from the Cape Range National Park, the beaches here were pristine, step off them and you're swimming over coral reef. I saw turtles, loads of fish and a 4 metre Leopard shark.

Takes a couple of days to get there though. Any one of Perth's beaches beats Bondi, hands down.

Dan
Cheers Renth

I am trying to keep the crowds out. I have still not seen needle and I run down the beach twice a week. I did have thongs (snigger snigger) but they got nicked.