Beaches

Old May 4th 2003, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Gavin B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Beaches

I saw a survey the other day and it was a search for the world's best beach.

The winner was Waikiki Beach, Hawaii, while runner-up was Bondi.

Now, call me cynical, but I doubt Bondi is the finest beach Australia has to offer.

My wife and I are emigrating to Brisbane in November - anyone have any discoveries or beaches in that area which we should definitely visit? I'm assuming a trip up to the Whitsunday's might be in order...

I await your suggestions and tips eagerly!
Old May 4th 2003, 3:37 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

A beach that i really liked in the area is in Noosa, about 45mins to an hours drive north or Brissie.

The main beach, at sunshine beach is nice, but can get very very busy.

The beach that i like involves a bit of a walk

Best way is to park in the very north of sunshine beach, i believe the road you are looking for is called mcarthur road (i can check if you want me to). There is a footpath from here running over the headland and down the other side, through a patch of forest. When you pop out the other side you find yourself in a really nice sandy bay, with a beach about 1k long, and cliffs at either end. Its generally alot quieter than the other beaches due to the walk. Really nice.

Word of warning though, i would'nt reccomend swimming any of the beaches in this area unless they have lifeguards...... The rips can be very strong at certain times of the year, making it dangerous unless you know what you are lookin for.

Cheers

Pete
Old May 4th 2003, 3:42 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

If anybody knows of any quiet areas around Adelaide I will be grateful. I'm looking for a house close to the beach (I know most houses are fairly close to the beach but I mean CLOSE to the beach) between Brighton and Semaphore as I'm still not decided on an area yet.

Thanks,

Steve.
Old May 4th 2003, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by SteveBannister
If anybody knows of any quiet areas around Adelaide I will be grateful. I'm looking for a house close to the beach (I know most houses are fairly close to the beach but I mean CLOSE to the beach) between Brighton and Semaphore as I'm still not decided on an area yet.

Thanks,

Steve.
You may think twice about north glenelg and west beach due to flight route but even they are great compared to what we are used to.eg harold lodge swimming pool!!Sorry I missed you again the beers are still cold. jockney
Old May 4th 2003, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I agree, we couldn't believe how small Bondi was when we saw it. On the telly it looks huge but you can walk from end to end in about 5 minutes - hardly the best beach in Australia.Just about every other beach I saw was better.

There was a good atmosphere at Bondi though, very young and trendy. But don't dare to go there unless you have a skinny fit bod, all the teenagers there look like Kylie and Brad Pitt!!
Old May 4th 2003, 7:29 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SteveBannister

Thanks,

Steve.
hi steve HENELY BEACH is the in area at the moment but just starting to get pricey on the esplanade, [i must get my daughter, to show me how to do attachments] but if you look in google for henely reality you wont go wrong........as for beaches you hav.nt seen any thing till you have driven a long the COORONG beach from the murray mouth to kingston in the south east, 90 miles of pure bliss,[4wd]only......mm
Old May 4th 2003, 8:00 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Yea i went fishing on the coorong a few years ago, joined at tee tree crossing and then saw next to noone for about 25 ks Think i was lucky....its not normally quite that quiet

Good fishing tho, if thats your thing. Biiiiiiiig Mulloway.
Old May 4th 2003, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve, look a bit further up to North Haven, that was stunning, and quiet.

Also along the semaphore henley beach stretch there is a road called sea view road, except it probably had a sea view once, but they built a row between it and the sea, or the sea moved, not sure which. Anyway that road has some lovely undiscovered property at realistic prices.

Mash ...
Old May 5th 2003, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

What about Whitehaven Beach ... visit http://www.whitehavenxpress.com.au and check out the photos pages ...
Old May 5th 2003, 2:55 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Beaches

Originally posted by Gavin B

Now, call me cynical, but I doubt Bondi is the finest beach Australia has to offer.

My wife and I are emigrating to Brisbane in November - anyone have any discoveries or beaches in that area which we should definitely visit? I'm assuming a trip up to the Whitsunday's might be in order...

Whitehaven Beach takes some beating (but is hard to get to). Try some on Fraser Island? - can be completely deserted if you get away from it all with a tent etc.

Cheers - Don
Old May 5th 2003, 11:18 am
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Beaches

Even though we're going to Queensland, one of the best beaches I came across was Blueys, on the road to Northern New South Wales. I won't be any more specific than that about the location! Unspoilt, uncrowded and Idyllic. Bring it on!!

Andy

Originally posted by Gavin B

Attached Thumbnails Beaches-blueys.jpg  
Old May 5th 2003, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

this is one of the many beaches in the northern beaches of Sydney - Palm Beach - one of my favourites. Note the crowds!

Mandy
Attached Thumbnails Beaches-dscf0007.jpg  
Old May 5th 2003, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Keep the pictures coming they are great!
Let us all know how to post piccies, we need a tutorial. Is anyone offering??
Old May 5th 2003, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Mandy Bale
this is one of the many beaches in the northern beaches of Sydney - Palm Beach - one of my favourites. Note the crowds!

Mandy

Hi Mandy

Thats looks awesome !!

Old May 5th 2003, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice beaches i knew there was a reason for going. And before anyone replies its not just the beaches that draw me to OZ

footie chick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.