Beach cafe

Old Mar 25th 2013, 9:05 am
Just Joined

ktgw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Beach cafe

Hi all,
Just a small funny question

My friend is living in Australia, and he claims that there is no Coffee house on the beach anywhere in Australia, so you can drink your coffee and watch and hear the ocean (coffee house with sea view from long distance doesn't count).

Is it really true?
or that you have a good example for such place.

Thanks.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 9:27 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beach cafe

Originally Posted by ktgw
Hi all,

My friend is living in Australia, and he claims that there is no Coffee house on the beach anywhere in Australia, so you can drink your coffee and watch and hear the ocean (coffee house with sea view from long distance doesn't count).

Is it really true?

Thanks.
Your friend obviously lives in the Outback! In Perth and its surrounds alone, there are too many beach side cafes to count. From Freo, to Scarborough, Hillarys - there are tons!!!!
Old Mar 25th 2013, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

This is simply one of thousands. How close to the beach does your friend mean??

this is at St Kilda
Attached Thumbnails Beach cafe-beach-cafe.jpg  
Old Mar 25th 2013, 12:06 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Is it really true?

Thanks.
Your mate is talking shite
Old Mar 25th 2013, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

Sunshine Coast has lots
Old Mar 25th 2013, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

My friend lives in Adelaide, maybe this is the problem.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

No, Adelaide has some fabulous beaches - and cafes. Not sure if your friend is just winding you up x

Grange Jetty Kiosk
Attached Thumbnails Beach cafe-grange-jetty.jpg  
Old Mar 25th 2013, 1:31 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

There are surprisingly few on the Gold Coast strangely enough. However you can get a decent coffee at most of the surf clubs and they have bloody good sea views.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 1:51 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
There are surprisingly few on the Gold Coast strangely enough. However you can get a decent coffee at most of the surf clubs and they have bloody good sea views.
....and sometimes that's better than sitting in a cafe. My favourite thing is to get a take away coffee from what looks like a fairly grotty cafe over the road from Scarborough beach, but the Greek owner makes the best expresso, and then sit on a bench on the beach and enjoy it.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

tina68 is an unknown quantity at this point

How lucky you all are!! its about 3 degrees here today in the uk and its so cold.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, you were very helpful
Old Mar 25th 2013, 2:34 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by tina68
How lucky you all are!! its about 3 degrees here today in the uk and its so cold.
Tina, it's been so hot in Perth (hottest summer on record) that I've been quite envious when talking to the rellies in Liverpool, and they tell me how cold it is - I reckon the whole country should do a swap for a couple of months
Old Mar 25th 2013, 2:36 pm
Concierge

Thanks, you were very helpful
You've got lots to tell your friend about!!
Old Mar 25th 2013, 4:08 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Tina, it's been so hot in Perth (hottest summer on record) that I've been quite envious when talking to the rellies in Liverpool, and they tell me how cold it is - I reckon the whole country should do a swap for a couple of months
I'd go for the swap but only for the next 10 days or so - I'm hoping for some sun when we arrive.

Don't think it would go down that well over there tho - it's only 0 by me, and feels like -5
Old Mar 25th 2013, 4:29 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I'd go for the swap but only for the next 10 days or so - I'm hoping for some sun when we arrive.

Don't think it would go down that well over there tho - it's only 0 by me, and feels like -5
You'll get plenty of sun sparkles, although hopefully the 40+ days will be long gone - too much of a good thing, and all that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.