Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Reply

Old Feb 11th 2018, 9:37 am
  #61  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,759
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
The thread is not about your mortgage beyond expressing your fears of a melt down, which is being largely prevented from massive population growth by means of migration into Australia's principle two cities.
So I won't comment on that side of things, although certainly have a lot of thoughts on the matter and the way the banks have handled it. The recklessness is not quite unbelievable though, as the tax payer will be forced once again to pick up the tab in time of crisis.


Contributing to the economy through record migration is hardly helping it. In times of stagnant wage growth, record high house inflation, strain on infrastructure like hospitals, schools, roads, social services it is declining living standards not increasing them for ordinary people.
I have already pointed out ever more residents already in Australia are on part time if not unemployed, wanting more hours and struggling in Australia's expensive cities.
It won't take much to upset the cart.


While business is obviously about making profit, it will not be tolerated that that will be further enhanced through attacks on the living standards by business ever after greater profit, a lot to ship offshore to share holders while people here go further backwards.


There is no earthly need to run record immigration levels in a time of such uncertainty for the Australian economy. That is simply fact.
You may not be aware but over here we have seen massive investment in infrastructure.

You seem to think that hospitals, transportation, etc are not being built, yet they are. Or are you trying to trip us up with a few little white lies?

So if these points are being covered, then whats the issue with population growth?

For what its worth, design, construction and on going running and maintaining these infrastructure also creates massive amounts of employment.

Here's a little read for you. Sounds like something I have already been telling you.

There's a couple of lessons here for you.

1. Change jobs
2. Your mortgage is safe until you get a pay rise. Even then its nil nil loss or gain.

Read til the end

http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/wages-growth-is-worse-than-the-headlines-claim-20180210-h0vw1j.html
Beoz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th 2018, 11:58 pm
  #62  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,449
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Even by business standards a clueless article. Yes I was in Sydney twice last year. I've witnessed some of the infrastructure projects. A bit of when the horse has bolted type scenario. Way behind the eight ball. Should have been put en train when the concept of Big Populated cities became the war cry of all parties including Greens, and corporate media would not run anything contrary.


What those advocating massive population growth, in a time of stagnant wages, falling living conditions, high levels of university unemployment and massive under employment in many sectors is why? Why at such a time should Australia run with record immigration? You never once address that question.


It remains obvious why the corporates desire such an outcome to keep wages down, real estate prices from spinning out in declining prices not to say the massive industry around the industry of migration, but for the nation, very little benefit.
the troubadour is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th 2018, 2:12 am
  #63  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,759
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Even by business standards a clueless article. Yes I was in Sydney twice last year. I've witnessed some of the infrastructure projects. A bit of when the horse has bolted type scenario. Way behind the eight ball. Should have been put en train when the concept of Big Populated cities became the war cry of all parties including Greens, and corporate media would not run anything contrary.


What those advocating massive population growth, in a time of stagnant wages, falling living conditions, high levels of university unemployment and massive under employment in many sectors is why? Why at such a time should Australia run with record immigration? You never once address that question.


It remains obvious why the corporates desire such an outcome to keep wages down, real estate prices from spinning out in declining prices not to say the massive industry around the industry of migration, but for the nation, very little benefit.
Already addressed in post 55. If you didn't like the answer, too bad.

stagnant wages - so what? What is the issue here with low inflation?


- falling living conditions - complete rubbish. Already demonstrated to you how living standards are increasing and have done for many decades.

- high levels of university unemployment - stats?

- massive under employment - Untrue. Already explained to you how the old system of calculating that is failing badly.
Beoz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th 2018, 7:11 am
  #64  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,449
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
Already addressed in post 55. If you didn't like the answer, too bad.

stagnant wages - so what? What is the issue here with low inflation?


- falling living conditions - complete rubbish. Already demonstrated to you how living standards are increasing and have done for many decades.

- high levels of university unemployment - stats?

- massive under employment - Untrue. Already explained to you how the old system of calculating that is failing badly.
You've addressed nothing. Record immigration neither wanted nor needed. Stagnant wages means less spending something not desirable by most on your side.


Falling living conditions as main cities fail to cope with increasing population pressure. Massive under employment fact. Your desire for ever falling living standards well noted. You really don't like Australia do you?
the troubadour is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th 2018, 10:25 pm
  #65  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,759
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
You've addressed nothing. Record immigration neither wanted nor needed. Stagnant wages means less spending something not desirable by most on your side.


Falling living conditions as main cities fail to cope with increasing population pressure. Massive under employment fact. Your desire for ever falling living standards well noted. You really don't like Australia do you?
I detect a failed argument on your behalf.

Well I am onwards and upwards. Where are you?

By the way, hanging out in Perth this week on the back of a reviving resources sector. Times are looking up for you.
Beoz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th 2018, 8:34 am
  #66  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,449
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
I detect a failed argument on your behalf.

Well I am onwards and upwards. Where are you?

By the way, hanging out in Perth this week on the back of a reviving resources sector. Times are looking up for you.
The issue being of course, is I detect no argument what so ever from yourself, as to why Australia should run a record immigration intake at such a time.
the troubadour is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th 2018, 11:20 am
  #67  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,759
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
The issue being of course, is I detect no argument what so ever from yourself, as to why Australia should run a record immigration intake at such a time.
Already told you.

If you think Australia has the skills, or can train and expect the skills to appear without experience, you are not seeing what the rest of us are.

You must hate Australia if you would deny Australia a global pool of talent.
Beoz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th 2018, 11:04 pm
  #68  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,449
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
Already told you.

If you think Australia has the skills, or can train and expect the skills to appear without experience, you are not seeing what the rest of us are.

You must hate Australia if you would deny Australia a global pool of talent.

Of course Australia can train more of its people. Immigration should not be used as a simplistic solution to raise GDP and maintain the housing Ponzi.


We surely have enough bus drivers, security guards, super market workers, taxi drivers,cleaners and a host of other low skilled workers from abroad.


As I have mentioned nothing wrong with a return to average historical numbers of immigrants, but to continue running at record levels, especially when the two main centres are buckling under population pressure is looking for serious trouble.


I say you must hate Australia, as continuing to advocate for record immigration gives the ammunition to groups on the verges as well as turning public sentiment against immigration , as housing as employment becomes ever more challenging. The bribes of continuing house price rises appears increasingly flawed and less able to control less than desirable sentiments.
the troubadour is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th 2018, 10:44 pm
  #69  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,449
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Well might have guessed it. The above post is proving right, the Hanson woman made some quite correct points at a recent speech about protecting Australia's living standards plus more, but spoiled it completely by adding bigotry at the end of her speech. She really needs to rid herself of her Muslim phobia and address the breal issues on hand.
the troubadour is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th 2018, 2:07 am
  #70  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,759
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Of course Australia can train more of its people. Immigration should not be used as a simplistic solution to raise GDP and maintain the housing Ponzi.


We surely have enough bus drivers, security guards, super market workers, taxi drivers,cleaners and a host of other low skilled workers from abroad.


As I have mentioned nothing wrong with a return to average historical numbers of immigrants, but to continue running at record levels, especially when the two main centres are buckling under population pressure is looking for serious trouble.


I say you must hate Australia, as continuing to advocate for record immigration gives the ammunition to groups on the verges as well as turning public sentiment against immigration , as housing as employment becomes ever more challenging. The bribes of continuing house price rises appears increasingly flawed and less able to control less than desirable sentiments.
You said the 2 main centres buckling. Well one of them has the lowest unemployment in the country. It must be all about house prices and your desire to get on the property ladder.

Pretty simple solution my friend. Supply and demand, build more houses and infrastructure. Stopping blaming immigration especially skilled immigration which we are desperately are lacking in.
Beoz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th 2018, 5:33 am
  #71  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,449
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
You said the 2 main centres buckling. Well one of them has the lowest unemployment in the country. It must be all about house prices and your desire to get on the property ladder.

Pretty simple solution my friend. Supply and demand, build more houses and infrastructure. Stopping blaming immigration especially skilled immigration which we are desperately are lacking in.
Yep buckling under population pressure as life quality heads southwards. Only you could come up with property ladder nonsense. I can think of exciting/interesting places to live way ahead of Sydney.....but that is not the issue.


Creating artificial demand in running unneeded record immigration program, not only impacts the quality of life for those now living in the two main centres, but endangers the immigration program into becoming a populist platform of hate and division.


As mentioned the Ponzi immigration scheme requires over haul, where only those that are really in short supply and humanitarian entrants are admitted and in numbers more akin to historical averages.


One may assume you left, Essex wasn't it, for a better life? So why do you want to support a decline in living standards? Besides own shellfish reasons of maintaining house value of course?
the troubadour is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th 2018, 6:22 am
  #72  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,759
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Yep buckling under population pressure as life quality heads southwards. Only you could come up with property ladder nonsense. I can think of exciting/interesting places to live way ahead of Sydney.....but that is not the issue.


Creating artificial demand in running unneeded record immigration program, not only impacts the quality of life for those now living in the two main centres, but endangers the immigration program into becoming a populist platform of hate and division.


As mentioned the Ponzi immigration scheme requires over haul, where only those that are really in short supply and humanitarian entrants are admitted and in numbers more akin to historical averages.


One may assume you left, Essex wasn't it, for a better life? So why do you want to support a decline in living standards? Besides own shellfish reasons of maintaining house value of course?
Never been to Essex. Whats it like?

You mean you only want refugee immigration because driving a taxi doesn't compete with your occupation? The very type of immigration which is the source of the hate and division you talk about.

Maybe if you surrounded yourself with immigrants more skilled than yourself, life might become a little more interesting.
Beoz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th 2018, 8:20 am
  #73  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,449
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
Never been to Essex. Whats it like?

You mean you only want refugee immigration because driving a taxi doesn't compete with your occupation? The very type of immigration which is the source of the hate and division you talk about.

Maybe if you surrounded yourself with immigrants more skilled than yourself, life might become a little more interesting.

Perhaps if such migrants were the principle inflow it well may be on an intellectual/artistic/creative level instead of the present aspiring majority who struggle, in many cases, through no fault of their own, to establish, as such too often are in competition with those here a longer time.


Funny you say the driving of taxi's as any number of drivers here in Perth, have engineering degrees and what have you. I have taken many, many dozens over the years, before 2014 mostly, hence the rot of over subscription had already established itself back then.


No I mean I want refugee migration besides being the right thing to do, as well as adhere to responsibilities agreed upon, these people, have established in areas outside of cities and in cases brought new life to de populating communities. In other cases they are doing work not easily filled.
the troubadour is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th 2018, 9:30 am
  #74  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,759
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Perhaps if such migrants were the principle inflow it well may be on an intellectual/artistic/creative level instead of the present aspiring majority who struggle, in many cases, through no fault of their own, to establish, as such too often are in competition with those here a longer time.


Funny you say the driving of taxi's as any number of drivers here in Perth, have engineering degrees and what have you. I have taken many, many dozens over the years, before 2014 mostly, hence the rot of over subscription had already established itself back then.


No I mean I want refugee migration besides being the right thing to do, as well as adhere to responsibilities agreed upon, these people, have established in areas outside of cities and in cases brought new life to de populating communities. In other cases they are doing work not easily filled.
Yes the Perth taxi driver. Just had the pleasure of showing them how to get around Perth all week.

And those guys call themselves engineers. Can't even engineer their way around the rectangular grid of Perth.

Having a ticket called an "Engineer" is not the type of immigration we need. As I said before you can't train experience. These taxi drivers calling themselves engineers aren't experienced enough nor capable nor have the communication/people skills required to be engineers in Australia.

Whilst I agree with the re-assessment of required skills lists, there needs to be easier ways to bring in experienced people to fill the many holes.

If we need taxi drivers and they happen to be engineers, then so be it.
Beoz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th 2018, 11:37 pm
  #75  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,449
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
Yes the Perth taxi driver. Just had the pleasure of showing them how to get around Perth all week.

And those guys call themselves engineers. Can't even engineer their way around the rectangular grid of Perth.

Having a ticket called an "Engineer" is not the type of immigration we need. As I said before you can't train experience. These taxi drivers calling themselves engineers aren't experienced enough nor capable nor have the communication/people skills required to be engineers in Australia.

Whilst I agree with the re-assessment of required skills lists, there needs to be easier ways to bring in experienced people to fill the many holes.

If we need taxi drivers and they happen to be engineers, then so be it.
Just a pointer to the ludicrous thing called Australian Immigration Policy then. So you consider it fine this country basically imports anyone with any type of paper and becomes a security card, bus driver, taxi driver, cashier and the list goes on. We have truly nothing further to say then. The declining fortunes of this country hopefully will not be decided by migrants as yourself. It is of some concern though.


Let me take you back to the start. Dept of Employment have stated there are no job shortages in most areas within Australia.
the troubadour is offline  
Reply With Quote

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement