Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under AVIs Available

BBC - Wanted Down Under AVIs Available

Old Feb 7th 2007, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

IT Matt is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking BBC - Wanted Down Under AVIs Available

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. I work in the IT industry and my fiancee and I are hoping to migrate to Australia in the very near future. we are flying out to meet my parents in March and i also have 3 job interviews set up for perm work as well as contract work...so watch this space....

I have followed / taped all the Wanted Down Under series, (who on here hasn't!) I must admit, i thought that the BBC might have chosen families who were perhaps more WILLING to make the move....although i suppose the show is really for anyone wanted to go through the experience!

Anyway, i'll get back to my main point....
I have each episode converted to AVI (DivX) format. (this is a compressed computer format) These can be watched on your PC or converted to DVD to watch on a DVD player.

I know a few others have mentioned that they have DVDs and no servers etc, however i suggest uploading my copies to www.rapidshare.com.

This is a file upload site and allows anyone to download the files just like any other download....it's not P2P file sharing or torrents files, just plain downloads. It takes a very long time to upload each episode, so i'm looking to see if anyone is interested in me actually doing it.

The only thing i'm not to sure of, is putting the links in a post...would this be a copyright issue?? Seeing as this forum is not holding the files, then i'm sure it's ok, but if a member of admin could clarify!!

Anyway, please reply or show hands if you want me to do this, if i get enough interest then i'll happily do it. I'm not after money or anything...i've been on this forum for quite a while and although never registered, we have got some very useful info from it, so about time i repaid those that have help us...

Look forward to seeing the interest...

Matt & Jackie

PS, And for those that are not sure how to convert to DVD, i can create a guide if need be...
Old Feb 7th 2007, 4:08 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under AVIs Available

Originally Posted by IT Matt
The only thing i'm not to sure of, is putting the links in a post...would this be a copyright issue?? Seeing as this forum is not holding the files, then i'm sure it's ok, but if a member of admin could clarify!!
It would be an issue. If you do not own the copyright or have the permission of the copyright holder, you do not have the right to distribute the material and we do not want you to post the links here.

Thank you.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 4:09 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by IT Matt
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. I work in the IT industry and my fiancee and I are hoping to migrate to Australia in the very near future. we are flying out to meet my parents in March and i also have 3 job interviews set up for perm work as well as contract work...so watch this space....

I have followed / taped all the Wanted Down Under series, (who on here hasn't!) I must admit, i thought that the BBC might have chosen families who were perhaps more WILLING to make the move....although i suppose the show is really for anyone wanted to go through the experience!

Anyway, i'll get back to my main point....
I have each episode converted to AVI (DivX) format. (this is a compressed computer format) These can be watched on your PC or converted to DVD to watch on a DVD player.

I know a few others have mentioned that they have DVDs and no servers etc, however i suggest uploading my copies to www.rapidshare.com.

This is a file upload site and allows anyone to download the files just like any other download....it's not P2P file sharing or torrents files, just plain downloads. It takes a very long time to upload each episode, so i'm looking to see if anyone is interested in me actually doing it.

Anyway, please reply or show hands if you want me to do this, if i get enough interest then i'll happily do it. I'm not after money or anything...i've been on this forum for quite a while and although never registered, we have got some very useful info from it, so about time i repaid those that have help us...

Look forward to seeing the interest...

Matt & Jackie

PS, And for those that are not sure how to convert to DVD, i can create a guide if need be...
Hello Matt & Jackie , welcome to the site & good luck with your venture .

The rapidshare files seem a good idea but its gonna take a huge amount of work as you already know .

maybe if you have a show request thread ?

Can't imagine any copyright issues with bbc stuff , your only gonna supply to ppl who missed it and would have watched it .

Regards ,
S&R
Old Feb 7th 2007, 4:17 pm
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

There is eoiugh threads on here already about dowloading TV shows from sites such as UKNova, the general rule of that site is not to have aything that is commericaly available in another format, Wanted cleary is not and especially being a BBC show funded by us anyway then i doubt there is much of an issue.

The BBC is already trialling downloading of its own shows anyway, so this will be a matter of course in the very near future.

It is not illegal to download and is exactly the same thing as lending a DVD you have bought to a family member or a mate!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Murphsters
There is eoiugh threads on here already about dowloading TV shows from sites such as UKNova, the general rule of that site is not to have aything that is commericaly available in another format, Wanted cleary is not and especially being a BBC show funded by us anyway then i doubt there is much of an issue.

The BBC is already trialling downloading of its own shows anyway, so this will be a matter of course in the very near future.

It is not illegal to download and is exactly the same thing as lending a DVD you have bought to a family member or a mate!
If you read Sue's comment carefully you will see that she says she does not want you to post the links here.

The site is owned by Sue and Paul and it is their decision.